TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Fri Jun 07, 2024 7:04 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2255 posts ]  Go to page Previous 188 89 90 91 92113 Next
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:50 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

NVirkkula wrote:
Gentlemen, I give you the Santino Ferrucci of the forum, Scotty, also known as Karen.

You can go cherry pick your evidence all day long, I can pick a few others.

Fastest lap record in F1 - Kimi Räikkönen
Over 100 podiums - Kimi Räikkönen
Most fastest laps of the race of active drivers - Kimi Räikkönen
Last Ferrari F1 world champion - Kimi Räikkönen
Best selling autobiography in Finland - Kimi Räikkönen

And to balance it out, Karen, fuck off.

Could you split this up in two parts? The first part of his career when he was absolutely amazing, and the part after his return when he was just there? Show us these stats and we'll continue.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:15 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I kinda like it, the front wing could be improved though

Quote:
A concept vision for how Formula 1 cars could look in 2021 has leaked across social media ahead of the Singapore Grand Prix.

F1’s managing director of motorsport Ross Brawn produced the vision for the new look grand prix car in a ‘Tech Talk’ seminar that had been put on by race organisers in Singapore on Wednesday night.

Although the technical seminar took place behind closed doors, images of the concept car quickly circulated on social media.

3x TBKL rFactor Hillclimb champion

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:19 am 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

Philthy82 wrote:
I still don't get the Karen thing. But I don't get most of what NVirkkula is saying. I've made my share of ragey belligerent defences of Webber and Ricciardo, but at a certain point you just need to let it go.

https://goo.gl/images/dEFg9h

Karen is the sobriquet for a stereotypical female who think are always right and can say what they want. Usually the saltiest person you see. Australian comedian Jim Jefferies has many jokes including Karen named person. The haircut resembles scotty's profile pic. Ergo, scotty is our Karen. Then again he thinks he's being 'savage' but is forgetting the 'backward' from front, so therefore he's also Ferrucci. Karen Ferrucci.

It just popped up in my mind and I decided to go with it. Just to heckle back.

Really mature of me, I know, but since he get's away with that style, why don't we all start doing so? Let's see how long it takes that this place makes YouTube comments look worth of Nobel literature price.

The other fact is I only have limited time to hope wins from Räikkönen so I go all in with that fanboy attitude since I'm already labeled as one. 7 races, go Iceman 7! 8) :flag:

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:25 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

That's cool, just calm down and join the fanboy support group that most of us here are members of. I'll go first: It's been 3 weeks since I last got upset that someone suggested Verstappen was the better Red Bull driver.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:36 am 
Admin - Shareholder
Admin - Shareholder

@
NVirkkula
Could I suggest that you add Scotty to your "Ignore" list rather than resort to name-calling? Thanks.

I think Ferrari have made the correct choice in hiring Leclerc. It's nice to see a big team take a chance on a (clearly) talented rookie. Kimi, though he's had flashes of brilliance since re-joining Ferrari, hasn't made the most of the car that's been given to him. He's been completely and utterly outclassed by Vettel and Alonso since his comeback, as shown by the spoilered stats.

Whichever way you look at it, Kimi has not brought the kind of performances over a season that Ferarri would want. He can still be brilliant on his day, but those days are rare. And, with him pushing 40, will only be getting rarer.

He will be brilliant for Sauber. The experience and knowledge that he takes with him will be invaluable to both Sauber and, if he's been confirmed, for Ericsson. But it's definitely time to let someone like Leclerc have a go; he's young and exceptionally talented.

Spoiler:
Overall Standings:
6th: Alonso 161pts
12th: Raikkonen 55pts

Wins:
Alonso: 0
Raikkonen: 0

Podiums:
Alonso: 2

Overall Standings:
3rd: Vettel 278pts
4th: Raikkonen 150pts

Wins:
Vettel: 3

Podiums:
Vettel: 13
Raikkonen: 3

Overall Standings:
4th: Vettel 212pts
6th: Raikkonen 186pts

Wins:
Vettel: 0

Podiums:
Vettel: 7
Raikkonen: 4

Overall Standings:
2nd: Vettel 317pts
4th: Raikkonen 205pts

Wins:
Vettel: 5

Podiums:
Raikkonen: 7

2018 (so far)
Overall Standings:
2nd: Vettel 226pts
3rd: Raikkonen 164pts

Wins:

Podiums:
Vettel: 8
Raikkonen: 9

TL:DR
Since his Ferrari return, Kimi has the following stats:

Teammate victories: 14
Raikkonen victories: 0

Teammate podiums: 43
Raikkonen podiums: 23

Teammate points: 1,194
Raikkonen points: 760

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:37 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Philthy82 wrote:
That's cool, just calm down and join the fanboy support group that most of us here are members of. I'll go first: It's been 3 weeks since I last got upset that someone suggested Verstappen was the better Red Bull driver.

Vandoorne is way better than Alonso and really deserved that Ferrari seat.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:40 am 
Admin - Shareholder
Admin - Shareholder

I don't dislike Hamilton. The internet is a tough place for someone like me.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:43 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Neil wrote:
Spoiler:
Overall Standings:
6th: Alonso 161pts
12th: Raikkonen 55pts

Wins:
Alonso: 0

Podiums:
Alonso: 2

Overall Standings:
3rd: Vettel 278pts
4th: Raikkonen 150pts

Wins:
Vettel: 3

Podiums:
Raikkonen: 3

Overall Standings:
4th: Vettel 212pts
6th: Raikkonen 186pts

Wins:
Vettel: 0

Podiums:
Vettel: 7
Raikkonen: 4

Overall Standings:
2nd: Vettel 317pts
4th: Raikkonen 205pts

Wins:

Podiums:
Raikkonen: 7

2018 (so far)
Overall Standings:
2nd: Vettel 226pts
3rd: Raikkonen 164pts

Wins:

Podiums:
Vettel: 8
Raikkonen: 9

TL:DR
Since his comeback, Kimi has the following stats:

Teammate victories: 14
Raikkonen victories: 0

Teammate podiums: 43
Raikkonen podiums: 23

Teammate points: 1,194
Raikkonen points: 760

These stats prove the point most of us are trying to make.
BUT: especially with Vettel as teammate, Raikkonen was the clear nr 2 and will not have been given the same car or chances as Vettel did, and would have won some races if he had been allowed to. Probably.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:49 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Neil wrote:

He's the Cristiano Ronaldo of F1. One of the best in his sport, some adore him and rightly so, but man what a shit attitude he has.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:50 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I think I should go back to work.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:50 am 
Admin - Shareholder
Admin - Shareholder

Omega wrote:
Neil wrote:

He's the Cristiano Ronaldo of F1. One of the best in his sport, some adore him and rightly so, but man what a shit attitude he has.

Triggered.

Omega wrote:
I think I need to go back to work.

Ditto.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:03 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

You've gotta imagine that there were probably camps in Ferrari's management that wanted to retain Raikkonen. But in the end I'm guessing this rumored contract that Leclerc signed while Marchionne was still around, was too lock tight to get out of now.

While a Raikkonen fan and it sure would be nice to see him win one more race this season, I think there was no sense in prolonging the inevitable. Ferrari have the fastest car on the grid this year and for a large part of 2017, but if they want to beat the consistent partnership of Hamilton-Bottas, I think they realized they need to put someone in the second car that can consistently challenge at the sharp end of the grid, especially when Vettel has a bad day.

Plus if Leclerc truly is their #1 driver of the future, then I don't see the harm in promoting him now and accelerating his development curve.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:54 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Juihi wrote:

Quote:
A concept vision for how Formula 1 cars could look in 2021 has leaked across social media ahead of the Singapore Grand Prix.

F1’s managing director of motorsport Ross Brawn produced the vision for the new look grand prix car in a ‘Tech Talk’ seminar that had been put on by race organisers in Singapore on Wednesday night.

Although the technical seminar took place behind closed doors, images of the concept car quickly circulated on social media.

And here I thought the A1GP cars looked ridiculous with their stylized aero packages. Why the hell does every new concept have to look like some bullshit Speed Racer thing. Am I the only person who thinks that the Formula E car looks like a 6 year old drew a picture of it and they just went out and designed it? For the love of God, stay away from these designs.

Also Halo huh?. They just give up?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:00 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

If the design brings back close racing and action let them introduce it.

But we all know the initial designs will allow that and the teams will cry murder and make just enough changes to fuck up any close racing and we end up with buttugly cars.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:12 pm 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

Neil wrote:
@NVirkkula Could I suggest that you add Scotty to your "Ignore" list rather than resort to name-calling? Thanks.

I think you're right, Neil, there's no way to beat narrow-minded troll by trolling with him. What was I thinking? It's like mud wrestling with stupid pig, he drags you down to his level and beats you with his experience while you notice that the pig likes it. I'll just ignore him from now on.

But stats you are showing are just stats, they're not telling the real story. Otherwise we could all say that Ricciardo has been massively under-performing against Verstappen lately.

From the last seven races:

Verstappen wins: 1
Ricciardo wins: 0

Verstappen podiums: 2
Ricciardo podiums: 0

Verstappen points: 80
Ricciardo points: 34

Verstappen has brought Red Bull 70,2% of all teams points from last seven races while Ricciardo has only brought 29,8%. No wonder Red Bull didn't offer him contract renewal.

The point is stats are meaningless. If a team ruins your qualifying but you overtake 10 cars and finish 4th, you might get 12 points, but you lost your chance to fight for win. This year Kimi has been great, pole at Monza proves he still has it. Where you should give Kimi credit is that he's brought his car to good points every race this season except the ones where he retired due technical issues. Vettel on the other hand has not been consistent. Also, Ferrari was rubbish in 2014 and 2016. Last year they gave two wins from Kimi to Vettel with team orders.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:17 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

If you take that small range for your statistics, then you are just like people who say "bit chilly this morning, undeniable proof that global warming is a hoax!".

Points scored in the last 2 races:

Ericsson: 1
Leclerc: 0

Therefore Ericsson is better than Leclerc and deserves the Ferrari seat.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:00 pm 

Statistics are great aren't they! :-)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:05 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Where are mods when we need them?

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
Juihi wrote:

Quote:

haha look at those lame rear wheel guards and those Burnout Revenge generic wheels. Is that made for a future Codemasters arcade style racing game?

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

By the time you have 10+ teams & hundreds of engineer's digging through the regulations you know the cars won't look like that & that within a few years there will be just as much dirty air affecting the cars just as badly as today.

I honestly believe that you could go back to full-on ground effects with sliding skirts & everything & you still wouldn't see as much close racing or overtaking as people like to think there would be, At least not long term because teams will always find something because you can't make them unlearn all the aero knowledge they have.

It's not like Indycar or the various junior categories where you have a spec chassis/aero package so can come up with something that works & not have to worry about it until you start thinking about the next car. You have 10+ different designs been worked on constantly by hundreds of very clever people looking for any advantage & any exploit to give them minute gains of downforce/performance & for as long as you have this you will never be able to find a car design concept that will work to produce what people want.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2255 posts ]  Go to page Previous 188 89 90 91 92113 Next