TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Mon May 27, 2024 1:00 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2255 posts ]  Go to page Previous 186 87 88 89 90113 Next
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:55 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I am curious about the Monaco national anthem when Leclerc wins.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:18 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Leclerc is actually the first Ferrari Driver Academy driver to drive for Ferrari. Obviously this would have been Jules Bianchi in a better world, but that's still a terrible success rate.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:27 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

gkmotorsport wrote:
Leclerc is actually the first Ferrari Driver Academy driver to drive for Ferrari. Obviously this would have been Jules Bianchi in a better world, but that's still a terrible success rate.

In a better world Leclerc would have partnered Jules at Ferrari.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:27 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mind you, two others also made it to F1. Just not at Ferrari.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:30 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

kals wrote:
gkmotorsport wrote:

In a better world Leclerc would have partnered Jules at Ferrari.

Yeaa, Ferrari would have ditched Vettel after all his mistakes because I have no doubt that Bianchi would be beating him badly as a result. Kimi's just been on borrowed time, he'll be happier at Sauber because he won't be under all the pressure of expectation a Ferrari driver gets and can just be his usual relaxed self.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:33 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Gaara wrote:

From memory Ferrari Junior drivers who made it to F1 include Perez, Stroll, Bianchi and now Leclerc. I'm sure I'm missing a ton.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:42 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

kals wrote:
Gaara wrote:

From memory Ferrari Junior drivers who made it to F1 include Perez, Stroll, Bianchi and now Leclerc. I'm sure I'm missing a ton.

From what I know, they're the only ones who've made it thus far. They don't seem to have had many in their academy, just nine at the moment. Though I guess you can technically take LeClerc off that list.

Quote:
GIULIANO ALESI
MARCUS ARMSTRONG
ENZO FITTIPALDI
ANTONIO FUOCO
CALLUM ILOTT
CHARLES LECLERC
GIANLUCA PETECOF
ROBERT SHWARTZMAN
GUAN YU ZHOU

Former include Bortolotti, Marciello and Zampieri. I'm guessing they don't have the awful turnover that Red Bull does...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:13 pm 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

kals wrote:
Gaara wrote:

It's funny how people want to count Leclerc as the first Ferrari junior driver to make it to Ferrari and forget all the failures Ferrari has had with their other promising drivers. Sometimes bad luck (Bianchi), twist of faith (Giunti), poor car performance (Gilles, Alesi, Capelli) and playing the cards just wrong (Massa), waiting too long to sign a driver (Räikkönen) or betting on the wrong horse (Räikkönen).

Ferrari will now repeat their idiotic mistake of letting Kimi go and betting on the wrong horse. They will not win the titles this year or next year. Right now they are too focused to get this years title, but Mercedes keeps outsmarting them. Red Bull has all the time in the world to prepare for next season with Honda and the next rules generation should favor them while Ferrari is known to drop the ball when rules change.

For Räikkönen this is a sweet deal. He'll still get over 10 million good reasons to drive two years in F1 without all the political non-sense that he truly hates. I'm quite sure there's something in that Sauber deal that we don't know. I wouldn't be surprised to see Kimi taking over the team after 2020 season, he already has IceOne Racing in motorcross and had one in rallying so why not?

While it seems a distant thing now, it's only going to be ten years when Robin "Ace" Räikkönen is going to turn 18, the age that Lando Norris is now and what Max Verstappen was just few years ago.

And anyone of you who don't see Kimi as a team boss, I give you this.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:09 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
best place for a kart track, near a rock wall. more Gran Turismo impossible

Ferrari will have new blood, let's hope is not an Alesi or a Cappelli and more like Alboreto and Berger (winning races but not championships :/)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:10 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

You know, whenever you start about Kimi, I just stop reading. We get it, you're a Raikkonen fan.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:57 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Fabs wrote:
I hope Charles wipes the floor with Vettel.

Yeh i really hope that, like Ricciardo did in 2014

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:29 am 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

Nothing compared to your troll level of bitching about everything you don't agree with.

There's numerous of reasons why Räikkönen has not won with Ferrari, ageing isn't one of them. He'll win before heading to Sauber to build something important.

Oh and Omega, no one is forcing you to read anything. It's your loss.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:57 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

You know...I LOVED Mark Webber. But even I could see that he should have been given the boot after 2011 and far out welcomed his stay in F1. This isn't in hindsight, I thought that at the time as well. Kimi has the same thing written all over him as to what Webber did. Yep, he might have a good race and get on the podium, but he has a team mate that is clearly number 1 in the team and he is getting on.

At no single time whilst he was leading at Monza did I think he was going to win, not because I thought Ferrari might play funny buggers and try to get Seb the win, but because he just simply isn't fast and ruthless enough anymore. You could practucally feel him consign himself to be beaten. Ditto Bottas (and Webber) If Seb or Hamilton were infront then I would have felt like there was no way that they would be beaten. Hence why Kimi's time at Ferrari is up.

He did his role. Held down the seat (did an OK job) whilst the successor to Jules came along.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:52 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I'd say a poor man's Barichello. At least Webber put up a fight against Vettel in their first few years.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:49 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I think Gaara said it perfectly. Kimi has been on borrowed time because of what happened with Jules. If that didnt happen he would have been gone 2-3 years ago. Anyone not able to see that is delusional.

Having that said, I feel his having his best season in a long time and sacking him now is slightly less justified than had they sacked him in 2016 or 2017.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:58 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

@
NVirkkula
His career is over, he's done. He was one of the top drivers when he was young, but only became world champion because two guys in the best team refused to work together. He lost some valuable years by doing that rally thing (and not being good in it). His Lotus years were excellent for a guy who is not at his best anymore but can still take a mediocre team to top levels occasionaly. In his return to Ferrari he was good but never again brilliant, but a perfect number 2. 2018 seems to be his best season since rejoining Ferrari although he never came close to winning. He should have quit 2 or 3 years ago, instead he now chooses to do 2 more years at the back of the field.

And the biggest reason you are a fanboy beyond compare is probably because you have the same nationality. Had he been Danish, you'd probably hate him.

Last edited by Omega on Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:23 am 
There are number of people who complain about certain drivers.
There are number of people who complain about certain drivers.

micha wrote:
I think Gaara said it perfectly. Kimi has been on borrowed time because of what happened with Jules. If that didnt happen he would have been gone 2-3 years ago. Anyone not able to see that is delusional.

Having that said, I feel his having his best season in a long time and sacking him now is slightly less justified than had they sacked him in 2016 or 2017.

Don't forget about Kubica too. Raikkonen would have never returned to Ferrari but for Kubica/Bianchi accidents.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:34 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

@
NVirkkula
please know that while we disagree with you, continue to post. We need good discussion points around here.

Also I can't believe that I have been nodding my head in agreement with stuff Scotty has been saying lately...what the fuck is happening to me!!! lol.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:04 am 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

webbsy wrote:
@NVirkkula please know that while we disagree with you, continue to post. We need good discussion points around here.

Also I can't believe that I have been nodding my head in agreement with stuff Scotty has been saying lately...what the fuck is happening to me!!! lol.

Bwoah, I'm not expecting everyone to agree with me and I also like to discuss or even debate to a certain level here.

What I don't like is asshattery unciviliced screaming that "I want to talk to the manager right now!"-karens of internet like Scotty will do when ever they get a chance or feel like it. Dude likes to heckle everyone from behind a curtain anonymousness. He's more pathetic than someone being a fan of another living person.

Your opinion is NOT a fact, scotty and doesn't overwrite my opinion or change it anyway! Not with that way in this lifetime on this reality.

I'm sorry, but I can't help but laugh at you and your miserable comments, scotty and omega. What you could have done was to ignore me of try to stay civilized like the rest here did. But no, one of you had to say that I didn't read what you said and other decided to stick to his sorry little bitch character of his. That's what killing all the good conversations in here and that's why brave decent folks like webbsy have to ask to not stop commenting.

We used to have a lot of good things going on in here but all of it slowly dies if there's douchebags that silence there rest of us with their idea of being hillarious or getting off by mocking others.

Five years ago Kimi was announced to become a Ferrari driver again. For the last 60 months people have giving same down talk about him. And now you say you "saw it coming". Please, you just kept running your mouth until time did its thing and the innevitable change is now coming. You never had it right, just look how opinions were the day before the announcement yesterday. Nearly 100.000 people signed a petition to Ferrari to keep Räikkönen. Big groups of the Tifosi got upset of the call.

There's tons of reasons why Räikkönen is the most popular driver in the grid, he's the last of a dying breed, a world champion, fastest driver in F1 history and a memorable character. And yes, he should have won more, but life is not always sunny. Gilles also should have won more, same for Rubens, who didn't take a ride from Williams for 1995 for sentimental reasons.

In the beginning of his career, back when I was just another high school kid, people mocked Räikkönen already.

"He's too young, he doesn't know how to drive, he can't even talk right."

Then it changed to "he's not like Häkkinen, he doesn't know how to drive without breaking the car, he can't even talk right."

And now it's "he's too old, he doesn't know how to drive, he can't even talk right."

So that didn't change much, didn't it? How many of you remember other rookies from 2001? Montoya and Alonso for sure, but where's the stars from these three to Hamilton? Kimi IS a living legend, Webber and Barrichello are more of "what could have been?"-type of F1 drivers. Then there's ex-F1 drivers who reached their peak level and expertice after their careers and inside commentary booths. Kimi doesn't have to bother to be the mic jockey, he's going to do what he wants, as always.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:05 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Could you please not compare me with Scotty?

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2255 posts ]  Go to page Previous 186 87 88 89 90113 Next