TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:13 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 759 posts ]  Go to page Previous 134 35 36 37 38
 Post subject: Re: RE: Re: Le Mans 2017
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:02 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

bigears wrote:
But can it be proved with Koba burning his clutch because of Capillaire's actions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harder to prove that, true, but he broke down shortly after that happened according to the team manager.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Post subject: Re: Le Mans 2017
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:17 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Toyota has the same luck at Le Mans as I do with women.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:31 am 
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner

Same here, add finding a job to that as well.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:42 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Sergio wrote:
So some guy in racing overall who looks like to be lmp2 driver Vincent Capillaire signed Kobayashi off to go while he had to stay and because of that Kobayashi burnt the clutch in the process resulting in a dnf.

If this guy (Vincent Capillaire dont know if it is confirmed yet) signed Kobayashi of that person needs to be banned permanently.
With this info toyota looks to be robbed of a potential victory.

Vincent Capillaire standing rightside.

Or you know, Toyota might want to consider building a car capable of pulling away from a standing start on the clutch, just like every other car on the planet, instead of trying to pass the buck.

Yeah the guy was a dick for giving the thumbs up to another driver, that never happens ever, but ban him for it? Be serious.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:16 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

My banning opinion was ment in a sarcasm way Ian-s forgot put a smiley on it. ;)
I agree with you on the clutch.

Post subject: Le Mans 2017
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:44 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I can't find out which year the whole LMP2 class retired or crashed out at Le Mans. Anyone help me? I tried looking up on Wiki and nothing there.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:50 am 
2011 TBK-Light Best Looking Member award winner

bigears wrote:
I can't find out which year the whole LMP2 class retired or crashed out at Le Mans. Anyone help me? I tried looking up on Wiki and nothing there.

http://www.racingsportscars.com/photo_lemans.html

Just look up the results there.

(It's a myth. Never happened. For a few years in the class' youth just 2 cars were classified, but they were still classified.)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:56 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

It is just to make my point that the LMP2 is much more competitive than before and they grabbed the opportunity when the LMP1 cars dropped out. The class improved since one disappointing year at Le Mans. Kudos to ACO/FIA for getting it right when the LMP1 cars dropped out (like Audi) or retired from the race.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:12 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Sergio wrote:
My banning opinion was ment in a sarcasm way Ian-s forgot put a smiley on it. ;)
I agree with you on the clutch.

:lol: :oops:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:19 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

bigears wrote:
It is just to make my point that the LMP2 is much more competitive than before and they grabbed the opportunity when the LMP1 cars dropped out. The class improved since one disappointing year at Le Mans. Kudos to ACO/FIA for getting it right when the LMP1 cars dropped out (like Audi) or retired from the race.

I think the big change was after it became cost capped class... 2011? Of before. And for this year it became a spec class...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:55 pm 

Ugh... Looks like Rebellion have lost third overall.

Quote:
Rebellion was found to be guilty post-race of "modifying a homologated part and using it partly during the race," and has been disqualified from the results.

The offence relates to a "hole that [had] been fashioned by the competitor in the right-hand side of the engine cover," which had been done to grant the Rebellion crew access to the starter motor – to tap a malfunctioning solenoid to reset it – without having to remove the engine cover and rear bodywork.

This in effect meant the #13 car, which had suffered starter motor issues earlier in the race, ran the final part of the event with non-homologated bodywork, without any "crash damage or other cause which may be in mitigation".

Stewards were informed of this fact by a video taken by the technical delegate's staff during , which was then shown to Rebellion.

The disqualification promotes the second DC Racing LMP2 car, the #37 machine shared by Alex Brundle, Tristan Gommendy and David Cheng, to second in class and third overall.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:37 pm 

That's ridiculous. So you're not allowed to be clever anymore, in regards in overcoming technical difficulties?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:52 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Great for the DC crew with their double podium finish but still, a hole in the bodywork takes the piss imo. Rules are rules I guess.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:23 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

deggis wrote:
bigears wrote:

I think the big change was after it became cost capped class... 2011? Of before. And for this year it became a spec class...

Is it REALLY a spec class though? Outside of the single team specific cars(SMP, Strakka), P2 used to be mainly one of four chassis, and if you didn't have the Nissan engine you weren't gonna be competitive.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:44 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Woodski wrote:
deggis wrote:
bigears wrote:

Is it REALLY a spec class though? Outside of the single team specific cars(SMP, Strakka), P2 used to be mainly one of four chassis, and if you didn't have the Nissan engine you weren't gonna be competitive.

Semi-spec I guess, previously it was actually open. Gibson is now the engine supplier and there are only four official chassis constructors (Oreca, Ligier, Dallata, Riley). Riley had one car in this race, and Oreca is clearly the best chassis, eventually just one or two will be better than others so all teams will run them. The chassis rules are frozen and only yearly updates (or was it just one update during the whole duration of these rules) are allowed.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:35 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

deggis wrote:
Woodski wrote:
deggis wrote:

Semi-spec I guess, previously it was actually open. Gibson is now the engine supplier and there are only four official chassis constructors (Oreca, Ligier, Dallata, Riley). Riley had one car in this race, and Oreca is clearly the best chassis, eventually just one or two will be better than others so all teams will run them. The chassis rules are frozen and only yearly updates (or was it just one update during the whole duration of these rules) are allowed.

I know.

It was essentially the same before if you wanted to compete though. Buy your Ligier/Oreca, slap a Nissan in the back, and you'll be competitive. If you had silly deep pockets you could dev your own car like SMP and Strakka did, which was kinda silly tbh.

Last years LM24 entry list.
http://www.fia.com/news/wec-2016-24-hou ... entry-list

22 P2 cars, 19 running Nissan engines, 5 total chassis. 17 of those cars being either a Ligier or Oreca.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:38 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Romain Rusinov was complaining of his harsh penalty (3mins penalty at the next WEC race) after crashing into a Porsche early into the race.

He used the Rockenfeller/Ferrari accident at the 2011 Le Mans when he said there was no penalty.

But that driver was pulled out of the race by the stewards at the time. He also used the McNish/Beltoise monster accident as well, I don't recall a penalty?

What about Davidson and the Ferrari when the Toyota flew in the air? No penalty I assume?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:01 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Neil wrote:
Look who I found! Hello @
Schumifan

Somehow didn't get back to Bleu Nord until 4am :lol: Do remember someone trying to drive their quad bike up the stairs out of the tunnel under the pit straight though, that was fun.

Enjoyed the race, not much racing up front but lots of drama. Aston Martin vs Corvette was tast :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:53 pm 
Admin - Shareholder
Admin - Shareholder

Fuck I didn't see you guys, my internet was working so badly at the track after the start. I couldn't even check the live timing.

Seriously was an awesome weekend but it was way too hot that we spent most of the time at the camping or at the bar. :p

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 759 posts ]  Go to page Previous 134 35 36 37 38