TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:54 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:45 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

He might not remember if he did. He's got concussion-like symptoms again. If Power isn't cleared for Sonoma, Pag is champ.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:28 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Marco should take inspiration from PT's career; if you hang around long enough till all the good drivers have left, you too might win a championship by default.

Post subject: IndyCars@Watkins Glen
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:56 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Very true, but the entire Andretti squad has been shit this year. Save for a Herta inspired win at Indy and Munoz consistency, none of the team has done a solid job. Something in the team needs to change. Maybe Marco will gel better with Herta's team.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:58 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Very enjoyable race, plenty of incidents and passing, drama for the title contenders and at the end of the race, but Dixon dicked everyone, the guy was incredible

3x TBKL rFactor Hillclimb champion

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:32 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

First experience at Watkins Glen was awesome. The place is absolutely beautiful. We started in T1, then hoofed it up to the bus stop, looped around to Turn 10 and closed it out above the pits. We didn't stay in one spot as much as I would've liked as we do at Limerock. Got a good blister on my foot. Next year I want to either camp for the weekend (if there are a good amount of support races) or set up shop at the top of the esses and walk the track from there.

As for the race, the speed into the chicane was incredible to behold as was the cars going up the esses. Dixon just crushed them. Great run from Newgarden. He was fighting with his crew chief on the radio about the fuel number because he wanted to be let go to try to run down Dixie.

Will definitely be back. So will my buddy who we took along who has never been to an Indycar race. He was pleased with what he saw. New fans are always good.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:39 am 
Head Muppet

Veach's winning Indy Lights car was too low in post race inspection. He was docked ten points.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:17 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

westracing01 wrote:
First experience at Watkins Glen was awesome. The place is absolutely beautiful. We started in T1, then hoofed it up to the bus stop, looped around to Turn 10 and closed it out above the pits. We didn't stay in one spot as much as I would've liked as we do at Limerock. Got a good blister on my foot. Next year I want to either camp for the weekend (if there are a good amount of support races) or set up shop at the top of the esses and walk the track from there.

As for the race, the speed into the chicane was incredible to behold as was the cars going up the esses. Dixon just crushed them. Great run from Newgarden. He was fighting with his crew chief on the radio about the fuel number because he wanted to be let go to try to run down Dixie.

Will definitely be back. So will my buddy who we took along who has never been to an Indycar race. He was pleased with what he saw. New fans are always good.

Camp for the 6 hour ;)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:51 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Woodski wrote:
westracing01 wrote:

Camp for the 6 hour ;)

That's a real possibility.