TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:44 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:10 am 

Wait, so the fact that most fans would be kept out because of the "semi-exclusive nature of the event" was a good thing?

Am I missing something here or was this event just a giant fucking troll against normal race fans?

You know what, if they do this again next year, make it even more exclusive and don't even bother fucking televising it. People won't be complaining.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:04 pm 

ZeroX wrote:
Am I missing something here or was this event just a giant fucking troll against normal race fans?

It just felt off from an "Indycar the brand" perspective in my opinion, yeah. Sure, "VIP" sections that cost $500+ exist in many other tracks too, and rich playboys have been associated with racing since forever. Indycar's not really known for that sort of thing, though -- in fact, it's probably more known to being more accessible to the fans than many other racing series, even American ones like NASCAR. Indycar general admission tickets typically are relatively affordable (usually $100 or less) and are open to all. Image wise I think Indycar is quite a ways from something like golf, so it does not make sense to hype a club race course as if it were Augusta or something.

What also was "off" to me was the circuit itself... not that it wasn't "working as designed", but it was designed to be an amateur club track for rich people to drive their sports cars around, not a track for pros driving formula single seaters. This sure wasn't Road America.

I guess the best thing you can say about this event is that it filled a spot in a 6 week gap in the schedule, which hopefully will be replaced by a proper event next year.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:05 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
ZeroX wrote:
Wait, so the fact that most fans would be kept out because of the "semi-exclusive nature of the event" was a good thing?

Bernie Ecclestone approves