TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:39 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 8 Next
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:37 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

34 cars should run over the next 2 days - the one missing will be the #50 run by Abel, as they have not yet finished building their new car nor do they have a confirmed driver.

6 drivers need to complete either ROP or a refresher - Siegel, Rasmussen and Simpson are rookies, and Marco, Legge and Fittipaldi have not done any oval racing since last year's 500 (longer in Fittipaldi's case). Larson, Armstrong, Lundqvist and Blomqvist completed their ROPs last October, which is why they can run with the veterans now.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:05 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:38 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Day 2 of the test cancelled. Didn't this happen last year too?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2024 5:57 pm 

They like wasting money. And time, apparently.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:45 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:58 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

ZeroX wrote:

Yep, because they predicted rain when it was scheduled

3x TBKL rFactor Hillclimb champion

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:04 pm 

Juihi wrote:
ZeroX wrote:

Maybe if they weren't fucking around in that shit hole in California they would have had more time to schedule in something the fans actually care about.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2024 11:29 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

ZeroX wrote:
Juihi wrote:
ZeroX wrote:

Maybe if they weren't fucking around in that shit hole in California they would have had more time to schedule in something the fans actually care about.

Regardless of what they did, you'd have some negative/cynical thing to say

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:34 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Are they going to reschedule it or is that a vital day of Indy Prep lost? :?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:47 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:41 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Harvey will move across to the #51 for Long Beach.

https://racer.com/2024/04/15/harvey-to- ... ong-beach/

---------------

EDIT: Coyne clarify that Harvey will remain in the #18 and Siegel will drive the #51.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:09 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

RtN wrote:
Something else that was tested at IMS last week is a new aeroscreen, which appears to be less boxy than the current design.

https://www.autohebdo.fr/actualites/mon ... polis.html

This aeroscreen will be implemented on all cars from this weekend on.

https://www.indycar.com/news/2024/04/04 ... aeroscreen

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:28 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Oh nice - good to see them still developing it. Looks like a much tidier piece now and 35 pounds is a pretty epic amount of weight saved.

Would still prefer F1 to be rocking the aero screen than the Halo, I think.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:51 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Pourchaire will remain with SPAM for Barber.

https://racer.com/2024/04/23/pourchaire ... or-barber/

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:17 pm 

indycar.com wrote:
INDYCAR has announced penalties for Team Penske, including disqualifications for the No. 2 (driver Josef Newgarden) and No. 3 (Scott McLaughlin) and a 10-point penalty for No. 12 (Will Power) from the Firestone Grand Prix of St. Petersburg presented by RP Funding on Sunday, March 10 on the Streets of St. Petersburg.

Team Penske was in violation of the following “Push to Pass” parameters:

Rule 14.19.15. An indicator to enable Push to Pass will be sent via CAN communication from the timing and scoring beacon on board the Car to the team data logger. This signal must be passed on to the ECU unmodified and uninterrupted during all Road and Street Course Events.
Rule 14.19.16. Race Starts and any Race Restart that occurs before the lap prior to the white flag or prior to three minutes remaining in a timed Race Event will have the Push to Pass system disabled and will be enabled for a given Car once that Car reaches the alternate Start/Finish line.

According to the rulebook, the violation is considered a Race Procedure Penalty (9.2.2.), which includes the right to reposition the Driver/Car in the posting or results, with a disqualification (9.2.2.6.) that includes the forfeiture of points and awards.

During the Sunday, April 21 warmup session ahead of the Acura Grand Prix of Long Beach, INDYCAR discovered the team’s possible rules violation.

An extensive review of data from the race on the Streets of St. Petersburg revealed that Team Penske manipulated the overtake system so that the No. 2, 3 and 12 cars had the ability to use Push to Pass on starts and restarts. According to the INDYCAR rulebook, use of overtake is not available during championship races until the car reaches the alternate start-finish line.

It was determined that the No. 2 and the No. 3 gained a competitive advantage by using Push to Pass on restarts while the No. 12 did not.

Additionally, all three entries have been fined $25,000 and will forfeit all prize money associated with the Streets of St. Petersburg race.

“The integrity of the INDYCAR SERIES championship is critical to everything we do,” INDYCAR President Jay Frye said. “While the violation went undetected at St. Petersburg, INDYCAR discovered the manipulation during Sunday’s warmup in Long Beach and immediately addressed it ensuring all cars were compliant for the Acura Grand Prix of Long Beach. Beginning with this week’s race at Barber Motorsports Park, new technical inspection procedures will be in place to deter this violation.”

Due to the disqualification penalty of the No 2, the No. 5 entry of Arrow McLaren driven by Pato O’Ward is now credited with the win on the Streets of St. Petersburg.

An updated official final results from the St. Petersburg race is available here with updated 2024 season standings available here.

Members may contest the imposition of the penalties detailed in the review and appeal procedures of the NTT INDYCAR SERIES rulebook.

“Unfortunately, the Push to Pass software was not removed as it should have been, following recently completed hybrid testing in the Team Penske Indy cars,” Team Penske President Tim Cindric said. “This software allowed for Push to Pass to be deployed during restarts at the St. Petersburg Grand Prix race, when it should not have been permitted. The No. 2 car driven by Josef Newgarden and the No. 3 car driven by Scott McLaughlin both deployed Push to Pass on a restart, which violated INDYCAR rules. Team Penske accepts the penalties applied by INDYCAR.”

lmao

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:40 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

You know what though, you can laugh, but it proves that the series is above board considering who owns it.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:24 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the light at the back of the car flashes when they use the P2P, right? If that is the case this is a blatant and intentional cheat, as it would've been clearly visible.

Also I wonder why only Josef and Scott took advantage of it and Power did not. Was it their crew chiefs that asked to do it or hold back or was it Power who decided no to? Overthinking it, I know.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:45 pm 

FiatFan83 wrote:
You know what though, you can laugh, but it proves that the series is above board considering who owns it.

Yeah, you know what, I will laugh.

I will laugh at the pathetic and disgusting attempt from Cindric and the Penske organisation's attempt at an excuse. This bullshit about the "software that should have been removed after testing" sounds familiar doesn't it? It sounds very similar to the excuse Benetton came up with when the B194 was found to have illegal traction control software.

It's amazing how with cheaters, the same excuses seem to be drawn up despite the incidents not being connected in any way or with the same people. Fascinating huh?

Except Penske were even dumber than Benetton in that they had the illegal software, and they consciously used it in the race, and it could be demonstrably proven that they did so. And they still had the fucking balls to come out and say "unfortunately the software was not removed".

Fuck Penske and fuck Tim Cindric. He's another piece of shit destroying the credibility of motorsport with his nepotism.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:16 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

I just realized that this was for St Pete! WTH took so long for them to do this? Yeah, go ahead and laugh, this series is a joke.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:06 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Good on the series for taking action after they discovered it on Sunday. It seems like fairly unprecedented action though I must say! And I guess it signals that since Roger owns the series, his team won't be treated special. The sticking point for me is the Scott and Josef knowingly using the P2P on the restarts, that suggests to me an element of intent rather than it being an accident

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 8 Next