TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:41 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 231 posts ]  Go to page Previous 18 9 10 11 12
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2022 12:58 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

And from the Motorsport article; a quote from Newgarden that codename will love.

JoNew wrote:
For just one example, fuel-saving: I know a lot of people say that sounds boring but in reality it’s really fascinating and difficult to do well, especially across a portfolio of different types of racecourse. Going fast while saving fuel is such a big part of our racing, and explaining how being able to do that opens up new strategies for the team is the kind of detail I hope we can get into.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2022 1:18 am 
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner

Dixon has been saving fuel for 20 years. Has he ever done a race without saving fuel.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2022 3:23 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

RtN wrote:
And from the Motorsport article; a quote from Newgarden that codename will love.

JoNew wrote:
For just one example, fuel-saving: I know a lot of people say that sounds boring but in reality it’s really fascinating and difficult to do well, especially across a portfolio of different types of racecourse. Going fast while saving fuel is such a big part of our racing, and explaining how being able to do that opens up new strategies for the team is the kind of detail I hope we can get into.

Good luck making that as exciting as drive to survive lol

The other part of the article says "And it's really dramatic when the yellow comes out and ruins your strategies, you're gonna see pit guys swearing as their car goes from 3rd to 10th"

Not once does it mention wheel to wheel racing or the excitement of an indycar race apart from pit strategies and fuel saving lol

Good luck with that :whistling:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2022 2:46 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

“Cup of cold vomit” isn’t something I’d ever see mentioned in the same sentence as Indycar :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2022 2:54 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
codename_47 wrote:
The other part of the article says "And it's really dramatic when the yellow comes out and ruins your strategies, you're gonna see pit guys swearing as their car goes from 3rd to 10th"

Not once does it mention wheel to wheel racing or the excitement of an indycar race apart from pit strategies and fuel saving lol

Good luck with that :whistling:

don't forget that most times yellow comes out in road courses is after everyone has entered the pits

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:35 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Quote:
I’ve written this many times before, so pardon its return, but at the onset of the 2022 season, since most vintage series require cars to be at least 10 years old to be accepted, IndyCar’s Dallara DW12 became eligible for vintage racing. If you want to bring a DW12 to Goodwood or the Rolex Monterey Motorsports Reunion or run it with the Vintage Indy Registry series, there should be no barrier to entry. The DW12 will be 12 when it goes hybrid, and yet, this isn’t seen as a problem by IndyCar.

Regardless, the vintage-eligible DW12 was always going to carry the new motor and ERS system, so I don’t think sticking with the 2.2L would change their views on commissioning a new chassis.

The same new gearbox, bellhousing, and all the new ancillaries to keep things cool and functioning properly in 2024 are still happening, and teams tell me they are bracing for outlays of $250,000 to $300,000 per chassis to buy those items. So, no, I can’t see IndyCar turning around and announcing a DW25. But I remain ever hopeful that they will.

Looking at the same damn car for more than a decade, with the same damn engine for more than a decade, is a soul-crushing thing for those of us who are inspired by innovation.

https://racer.com/2022/12/14/the-racer- ... mber-14/2/

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:36 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

mclaren2008 wrote:
Dixon has been saving fuel for 20 years. Has he ever done a race without saving fuel.

Probably his final Champ Car year when there was a rule which forced drivers to pit every Xth lap.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2022 9:21 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

pending wrote:
Quote:
I’ve written this many times before, so pardon its return, but at the onset of the 2022 season, since most vintage series require cars to be at least 10 years old to be accepted, IndyCar’s Dallara DW12 became eligible for vintage racing. If you want to bring a DW12 to Goodwood or the Rolex Monterey Motorsports Reunion or run it with the Vintage Indy Registry series, there should be no barrier to entry. The DW12 will be 12 when it goes hybrid, and yet, this isn’t seen as a problem by IndyCar.

Regardless, the vintage-eligible DW12 was always going to carry the new motor and ERS system, so I don’t think sticking with the 2.2L would change their views on commissioning a new chassis.

The same new gearbox, bellhousing, and all the new ancillaries to keep things cool and functioning properly in 2024 are still happening, and teams tell me they are bracing for outlays of $250,000 to $300,000 per chassis to buy those items. So, no, I can’t see IndyCar turning around and announcing a DW25. But I remain ever hopeful that they will.

Looking at the same damn car for more than a decade, with the same damn engine for more than a decade, is a soul-crushing thing for those of us who are inspired by innovation.

https://racer.com/2022/12/14/the-racer- ... mber-14/2/

Still produces great racing

3x TBKL rFactor Hillclimb champion

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2022 10:17 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Juihi wrote:
Still produces great racing

And this is the nub of what the CrackForum subset of the fanbase fail to grasp. No series introduces a new car for the fun of it. F1 introduced a new set of technical regulations because the old set made for very poor racing (and the new set still relies on the gimmick of DRS). NASCAR introduced a new car, almost entirely spec, because the old one had gotten so expensive that several teams were about to go to the wall. WEC introduced Hypercar because the top category had become a joke with only 2 works cars.

None of these problems apply to Indycar. There are other problems requiring solutions, but none of them would be resolved with a new chassis.

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2022 2:34 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

It also doesn't feel quite so long because they've had it in about 4 seperate configurations since it started

1) The initial design with the wheel guards

2) the Ugly, race ruining Aerokit era

3) The best looking era, post aero-kit, almost Champcar-esque

4)The Aeroscreen, 2nd best looking, not as good as before but it's for safety so we'll suck it up and enjoy it era

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2022 8:35 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Ganassi already thinking about Palou's replacement.

https://racer.com/2022/12/19/shwartzman ... ycar-test/

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 231 posts ]  Go to page Previous 18 9 10 11 12