TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:31 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 231 posts ]  Go to page Previous 16 7 8 9 1012 Next
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:59 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Beezle wrote:
A possible cause that came to mind: What if Palous current contract had a clause that permitted him to leave if he got an F1 drive? And then what if he doesn't know wheater or not he now has an F1 drive?

Based on the quote from Alex's lawyer in this article, I think you've got a pretty good theory there: https://www.motorsport.com/indycar/news ... /10344694/

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:29 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Beezle wrote:
Ian-S wrote:
...if I worked under a fixed term contract and did the same to my boss he’d sue me too.

Another thing I wondered: Why can Chip sue him NOW? Until now Palou honored his contract and is driving for CGR. I would have thought the first chance to sue him would be the day where he fails to show up at work? Or is it regarding PR issues caused by the tweets?

Maybe the contract had a no negotiation clause in it that prevented him from talking to other teams until the option had expired?

We’ll never know as I thought I read the case had been sealed.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:50 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Schedule news from Pruett; https://racer.com/2022/07/29/next-indyc ... ks-for-24/

The only major changes planned for next year will be St. Pete moving back into March and Texas moving away from the IMSA Sebring weekend. For 2024, a return to Milwaukee now looks feasible as does a race in Mexico. Both would be additions to the calendar rather than replacements.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 2:20 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Milwaukee! :thumbsup:

About the only oval left that makes sense!

Mexico City too plz

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:27 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I want another 500 miler...:(

There was nothing wrong with Pocono. The drivers just needed to pull their heads out of their asses and realize you can't win on lap 1.

I would also take Michigan back without hesitation.

Never really cared for Milwaukee all that much but I'll take it in a heartbeat if they can put butts in the seats.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 5:00 pm 
Isnt CCTV a Chinese television channel
Isnt CCTV a Chinese television channel

I don't actually see a reason for Texas not to be a 500 miler

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 5:06 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

westracing01 wrote:
I want another 500 miler...:(

There was nothing wrong with Pocono. The drivers just needed to pull their heads out of their asses and realize you can't win on lap 1.

I would also take Michigan back without hesitation.

Never really cared for Milwaukee all that much but I'll take it in a heartbeat if they can put butts in the seats.

All of those tracks were lost because of a meh reaction of fans to oval racing and not enough people showing up to make them viable, rather than anything to do with danger

Ovals are something everyone online shouts about needing on the calender because murrrr tradition, then they never show up enough in enough numbers to make them worthwhile for promoters or the series itself

I too would like more of them on the schedule, the diversity between road/street/oval racing is what makes Indycar unique, much more than one big event in May that the entire series is hung around, but no-one wants to run at a loss either.

Twitter:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 3:24 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I went to every Pocono race. First couple years was eh attendance, but the date sucked and it was hot as hell. When they moved it to August we had one rainout and moved to Monday, but the last two years there was definitely a decent crowd on hand.

I was certainly under the impression that a big part of the reason Pocono wasn't renewed was because the drivers didn't want to race there.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 4:52 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

codename_47 wrote:
All of those tracks were lost because of a meh reaction of fans to oval racing and not enough people showing up to make them viable, rather than anything to do with danger

Most of them were poorly promoted (if that), had date switches every year, most had little to no support races whatsoever & then TV putting the start times in a bad spot to boot.

In general - IndyCar & NASCAR both need to promote themselves better & not just piggy back off whoever (sponsors, television, manufacturers) to solely do it for them.

on the track end: Iowa & Gateway both prove that oval races for IndyCar can be successful if they are actually promoted locally & made into a event (true test for Gateway is this year with them having a Cup date now, but I think that race will still do well)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:36 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Palou sues Floyd.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:32 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

RVK stays put.

https://racer.com/2022/08/04/veekay-sta ... er-racing/

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:15 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Contrary to earlier press releases, FRosen is not under contract to McLaren for next year.

https://racer.com/2022/08/04/indycars-s ... ist-twist/

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:23 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

cross-posting here as it has a IndyCar factor to it

according to Kenny Sargent on the SpeedFreaks show tonight (at 32:24); sounds like Texas Motor Speedway could be getting the dynamite treatment after next year

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:46 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Seems odd they wouldn't want to have Indycar in their future given how much the series is on the up

3x TBKL rFactor Hillclimb champion

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:44 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

After all this time you have to assume NASCAR is doing it deliberately just to keep Indycar from its tracks

NASCAR doesn't NEED to do it either, we've learnt from this season that it's the car that needs to bring the racing product, not the track

Indycar need to scoop up the remaining 1 mile ovals they can because NASCAR is not their friend, no matter how much they pretend they are to get access to Indy

Twitter:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:28 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

codename_47 wrote:
NASCAR doesn't NEED to do it either, we've learnt from this season that it's the car that needs to bring the racing product, not the track

Don't tell that to SMI. They saw the show Atlanta put on with their "super-speedway" reconfig and they're striking while the iron's hot.

Indycar possibly not coming back almost confirms it. No way they hold a race on that layout, lest they risk a repeat of 2001, or worse.

Last edited by Cartman on Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:41 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Cartman wrote:
codename_47 wrote:

Don't tell that to SMI. They saw the show Atlanta put on with their "super-speedway" reconfig and they're striking while the iron's hot.

Indycar possibly not coming back almost confirms it. No way they hold a race on that layout, lest they risk a repeat of 2001, or worse.

Not that I agree with it, of course.

Texas loss is COTA's gain I guess

Twitter:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:22 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

codename_47 wrote:
Cartman wrote:
codename_47 wrote:

Not that I agree with it, of course.

Texas loss is COTA's gain I guess

only way IndyCar races at CoTA again is if the series itself rents out the track, or SMI moves their IndyCar date from Texas to their CoTA track rental slot for the NASCAR race. Sargent was kinda hinting at that on SpeedFreaks last night as well

CoTA by itself has nothing to gain by promoting it themselves, and IndyCar / Penske isn't going to want to loose all of their commercial rights just to be a support race with F1 or MotoGP

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:29 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Cartman wrote:
codename_47 wrote:

it's either that, or a full blown Fontana treatment I reckon

The land value in & around that track has to be skyrocketing right now with how fast DFW is growing; so it wouldn't be shocking if they focused on the turn 1 side of the property & dozed the turn 3 side for parking / sell the western parking & camping plots for more warehouses.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:49 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Looks like all the cars from the Newman-Haas team are up for auction :8: :8: :8: :8: :8: :8: :8: :8: :8: :8: :8: :8: :8: :8:

Some absolutely legendary cars listed here :8: :8: :8: :8: . Shall we all start a TBK collection and pitch in to buy Mansell's 93 title winning car?

https://rmsothebys.com/en/home/lots/hn2 ... ageSize=40

3x TBKL rFactor Hillclimb champion

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 231 posts ]  Go to page Previous 16 7 8 9 1012 Next