TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:14 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 10:03 pm 

codename_47 wrote:
What you've got here is old guys in the dying embers of their careers jealous of the young guys coming through, disguised as pretending it's "just a game" or F1 jealousy

Kanaan should've retired 2 years ago and Pageneud hasn't got long left either.

They just wish they were back being Lando's age with the world at his feet and so much potential and can't handle he's better than them now

Lando Norris is another perfect example of a little bitch getting where he is based solely on his dad's money. People give Lance Stroll shit for that, but Norris is exactly the same.

Do you really think 1 win at Formula 2 level is enough to get you a deal with Mclaren in Formula 1?

Norris is fucking insufferable.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 2:09 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

XQR wrote:
codename_47 wrote:
What you've got here is old guys in the dying embers of their careers jealous of the young guys coming through, disguised as pretending it's "just a game" or F1 jealousy

Kanaan should've retired 2 years ago and Pageneud hasn't got long left either.

They just wish they were back being Lando's age with the world at his feet and so much potential and can't handle he's better than them now

Lando Norris is another perfect example of a little bitch getting where he is based solely on his dad's money. People give Lance Stroll shit for that, but Norris is exactly the same.

Do you really think 1 win at Formula 2 level is enough to get you a deal with Mclaren in Formula 1?

Norris is fucking insufferable.

I can't believe Tony Kanaan joined TBK just to post this.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 2:36 pm 
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner

Wow what a first post :8:

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 3:14 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Lol, he finished runner up in his first season in F2. A lot of drivers need a second or third season at that level to be competitive. He may be privileged, but at least has the results to back it up.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 3:50 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

That's probably the sort of bitter person that does not judge people based on their present actions and results, but rather based on birth and past opportunities perceived as unjust luck.
We all know people like that, and usually avoid them in our daily lives. No reason not to do so on an online forum as well.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 4:24 pm 

De Cesaris fan wrote:
Lol, he finished runner up in his first season in F2. A lot of drivers need a second or third season at that level to be competitive. He may be privileged, but at least has the results to back it up.

Stoffel Vandoorne had the results to back it up, and where did that get him with Mclaren?

Hell, if you look at Lance Stroll's achievements at F3 level compared to Norris, Stroll actually appears the more capable driver. If I had made a post about how Stroll deserves his seat in F1 just as much as Norris you would be trying to ridicule me for that.

Don't get me wrong, Pagenaud is a fucking dipshit and what he did was pathetic, I'm not debating that.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 3:17 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

XQR wrote:
De Cesaris fan wrote:

Stoffel Vandoorne had the results to back it up, and where did that get him with Mclaren?

Hell, if you look at Lance Stroll's achievements at F3 level compared to Norris, Stroll actually appears the more capable driver. If I had made a post about how Stroll deserves his seat in F1 just as much as Norris you would be trying to ridicule me for that.

Don't get me wrong, Pagenaud is a fucking dipshit and what he did was pathetic, I'm not debating that.

It's good how you swapped Vandoorne for Stroll here, because Vandoorne's junior career is arguably not as good on paper as Norris's. Stoll and Norris both won the F3 Euro championship; Stroll had more wins but only an 8th at Macau. You're splitting hairs, but the stats don't back you up here.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 4:56 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Stroll also had two seasons in F3, whereas Norris won it in his first attempt (excluding a couple of one off events the year before).

Stroll's record isn't actually that bad. He probably should have had a season or two in F2, before stepping up to F1.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 5:39 pm 

So you don't think his dad being rich as fuck has anything to do with his career progression?

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 6:06 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

XQR wrote:
So you don't think his dad being rich as fuck has anything to do with his career progression?

Money =! talent.

Just ask Deletraz, Lavaggi or Rosset.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 6:32 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
the main difference is that Stroll used the money more logically to reach a good development, instead of just paying their way into the top tiers. His dad purchased a stake on Prema to get their goals set, pretty much like Nelson Piquet and Nelson Jr, but the latter has a world champion as a dad

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 6:56 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Of course the money is the main reason he made it through the ranks, and I'm sure there are other drivers that could have done better with the same resources. But my point is that on results alone, Norris has still done enough. Even Stroll's record is far better than someone like Chilton.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 9:42 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

XQR wrote:

I can't stand Stroll either, and I think he's got more chances than anyone else because of his deep pockets. But if we dig down, we'll reach a similar conclusion to any top driver. It could be a rich dad, or a rich businessman who sponsors promising drivers (what if Carlos Slim didn't give a shit about motorsport? Would we see Perez around?) or anything else. The least rich guys in this sport are some middle-class guys whose parents were fortunate enough to afford their expensive careers at the very beginning. I am sure there are a lot of talented guys who would have a massive potential for the sport but can't afford even 20 minutes at a go-kart, and we'll never see them.

This is the very nature of the sport. If we cannot accept it, we'd better watch football or anything else, because this is how this sport works.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 1:26 am 

amq55 wrote:
XQR wrote:

Money =! talent.

Just ask Deletraz, Lavaggi or Rosset.

:lol: :lol: :lol: