TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:05 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 740 posts ]  Go to page Previous 128 29 30 31 3237 Next
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:28 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:36 pm 
2011 TBK-Light Best Looking Member award winner
2011 TBK-Light Best Looking Member award winner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:51 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Looking forward to a jump start being declared legal once again, purely for nostalgia reasons :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:26 pm 
German Touring Car Series #1 Fan
German Touring Car Series #1 Fan

Askew's issues are seemingly concussion-related, stemming back to his crash at Indy: https://the-race.com/indycar/askew-open ... 500-crash/

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:31 pm 

Gaara wrote:

Bet he does more than Veach ever achieved

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:51 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Miller with some nice words about Veach and some Silly Season bumpf, including the belief that RHR is next on the chopping block if DHL decide not to renew, and that Ferrucci has been tapped up to replace him if necessary;

https://racer.com/2020/09/28/miller-sal ... ood-story/

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:18 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Save us DHL, you're our only hope.... :slaphead:

Twitter:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:05 am 
Isnt CCTV a Chinese television channel

RtN wrote:
Miller with some nice words about Veach and some Silly Season bumpf, including the belief that RHR is next on the chopping block if DHL decide not to renew, and that Ferrucci has been tapped up to replace him if necessary;

Well, according to their podcast, both Rossi and Hinch both don't exactly like that guy. Don't know if Andretti wants beef inside his team.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:27 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Gleaners Food Bank has become a official charitable partner of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway
https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/m ... 570517001/

-

meanwhile in today's crime blotter
https://www.bostonherald.com/2020/09/29 ... car-event/

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:23 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

RtN wrote:

Oh god no. For fucks sake.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:56 am 

Richmond and probably Iowa both out for next year according to miller. :( Only 3 ovals left

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:02 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

I know i'm prob hated on here because of my rants but here goes.....Ya that would be terrible, if a good driver, who made some dumb mistakes while young, was given a decent chance to grow and mature! We should always judge people on their actions at 20 years of age and never let it go! Ok, so who wants to go first on admitting what they did at 20? lmao. I don't condone his bs with his teammate (in F2) and definitely not his attempt at running MAGA shit on the side of his car, but jeez, chill the fuck out guys. HE WAS 20! I'm 34 and despise the person I was at 20. So ya people change, get the fuck over it. Y'all sound like teenagers at their first Jr. High dance. "OMG did you hear that Santino farted in class, one time, in 6th grade?! Hahaha lets never let it go cuz we're 12 and it makes us feel better about ourselves!" And now im sure some asshat will bring up the iracing stuff. Ok, perfect, please do that. Now also explain why everyone here isnt hating on Pagenaud for his crap, in the same race. That was waaay more embarrassing to indycar because of it involving a very well loved F1 driver AND Simon being a driver for the owner of the series. Ya everything about Santino, down to his stupid ass haircut, screams douchebag, but lets be honest. At least he didnt do some insane shit......like wear a Lucha libre mask, pre-race, just to hype himself up. Oh god, could you image if some asshole, who's that arrogant, was still involved in every single indycar race today?! Sorry, that was a stupid example, obviously no one that cocky would be still deeply involved in the sport today and if they were, we'd all be calling him out about it constantly, right? RIGHT?!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:08 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Beezle wrote:
Richmond and probably Iowa both out for next year according to miller. :( Only 3 ovals left

essentially no races on the east coast

yikes

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:22 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

sennadesillva wrote:
I know i'm prob hated on here because of my rants but here goes.....Ya that would be terrible, if a good driver, who made some dumb mistakes while young, was given a decent chance to grow and mature! We should always judge people on their actions at 20 years of age and never let it go! Ok, so who wants to go first on admitting what they did at 20? lmao. I don't condone his bs with his teammate (in F2) and definitely not his attempt at running MAGA shit on the side of his car, but jeez, chill the fuck out guys. HE WAS 20! I'm 34 and despise the person I was at 20. So ya people change, get the fuck over it. Y'all sound like teenagers at their first Jr. High dance. "OMG did you hear that Santino farted in class, one time, in 6th grade?! Hahaha lets never let it go cuz we're 12 and it makes us feel better about ourselves!" And now im sure some asshat will bring up the iracing stuff. Ok, perfect, please do that. Now also explain why everyone here isnt hating on Pagenaud for his crap, in the same race. That was waaay more embarrassing to indycar because of it involving a very well loved F1 driver AND Simon being a driver for the owner of the series. Ya everything about Santino, down to his stupid ass haircut, screams douchebag, but lets be honest. At least he didnt do some insane shit......like wear a Lucha libre mask, pre-race, just to hype himself up. Oh god, could you image if some asshole, who's that arrogant, was still involved in every single indycar race today?! Sorry, that was a stupid example, obviously no one that cocky would be still deeply involved in the sport today and if they were, we'd all be calling him out about it constantly, right? RIGHT?!

No, it's not like that. Santino is that shithead in high school football/soccer who sabotages others players to get ahead. That's just his character.

And fuck off, Paul Tracy is a legend. He just got better as he aged as well. His asshole flavor is nothing like Santino's. Paul Tracy's asshole flavor is rustically sweet, whilst Santino's is...extremely sour and bitter. Not the same at all.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:30 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Beezle wrote:

https://racer.com/2020/09/29/indycar-he ... p-in-2021/

Two races at Texas (same weekend) and 2 on the Indy GP circuit (start of May and NASCAR weekend). COTA also tossed.

I know it's been said before, but they really should try using the old F1 layout for at least one of the Indy GP races.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:35 pm 

Beezle wrote:

It figures... even NASCAR is trending away from ovals these days. (Out of left field speculation: I'm actually curious if that rumored NASCAR Road America race in July ends up being an Indy / NASCAR double-header, it's awfully close to when Indy usually runs RA.)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:46 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Indycar can only go to places that make financial sense

Oval fans seem to talk big on the internet but the sad fact is, they don't show up in enough numbers to make it viable for indycar

Sadly we're looking at a future with Indy as the only oval on the schedule :(

Even worse is the notion that Iowa and Richmond won't only just lose their indycar dates, but may well be closing their doors.
Richmond's statement about "we're prime real estate" sounds like their mission is to sell it to a house developer or something :(

Twitter:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:47 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

That's pretty lousy on the oval side.

They're going to have to have something up here. Watkins, Pocono, Lime Rock if they ever fixed the paddock... Something.

They just can't sell tickets to ovals. The package they have doesn't help, but Indy, Texas and Gateway (2 out of 3 ain't bad) as the only ovals is pathetic. I don't care for Indycars at Richmond, but they need a couple short ovals. Why is Iowa gone? The corn growers get tired of spending money?

I imagine this all potential fallout from Covid as tracks can't afford to take a flyer on Indycars.

Indy, Iowa, Pocono, Michigan, Richmond, Gateway, Texas would be a nice oval slate... Assuming they could ever figure out how to un-fuck Texas.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:08 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
considering how awful this package is performing at ovals I don't mind that much having only Indy on schedule

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:47 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

codename_47 wrote:
Indycar can only go to places that make financial sense

Oval fans seem to talk big on the internet but the sad fact is, they don't show up in enough numbers to make it viable for indycar

Sadly we're looking at a future with Indy as the only oval on the schedule :(

Even worse is the notion that Iowa and Richmond won't only just lose their indycar dates, but may well be closing their doors.
Richmond's statement about "we're prime real estate" sounds like their mission is to sell it to a house developer or something :(
Land is land, but RIR is in a shit hole part of town. It's better than it used to be but not by much.

Sent from my One Max using Tapatalk

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 740 posts ]  Go to page Previous 128 29 30 31 3237 Next