TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:51 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 686 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 735 Next
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:40 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
the only reason he was with her was

Spoiler:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:43 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

LucasWheldon wrote:

Spoiler:
She could fill out a sundress, don't get me wrong, but once she opened her mouth and the craziness poured out, it was time to run for the hills...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:46 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

haha you didn't knew the reference right?

Ashley Judd was in that movie and it was her ass the subject explained by Al Pacino :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:35 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

it appears with this long-ass off season that Will Power has started photobombing local news stations

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:16 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Recent update on IndyCar's pursuit on getting more engine manufacturers for 2021+
https://racer.com/2018/10/22/indycar-en ... ontinuing/

Team Penske has reshuffled some of it's managing positions for their IndyCar / IMSA teams
https://racer.com/2018/10/25/penske-ann ... reshuffle/

Post-season testing is beginning with Ganassi / Rosenqvist at Barber & Foyt / Andretti / Carlin at CoTA
https://racer.com/2018/10/25/rosenqvist ... r-testing/

Taylor Kiel replacing Piers Phillips at Schmidt Peterson for 2019
https://racer.com/2018/10/24/kiel-repla ... chmidt-gm/

Jim Cornelison will return to IMS for the 500 pre-race in 2019

Juncos is prepping their second car for next season

Recent comments from one of NASCAR's top reps on the rumored IndyCar / NASCAR Cup doubleheader plan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:43 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

FiatFan83 wrote:
LucasWheldon wrote:

Spoiler:
She could fill out a sundress, don't get me wrong, but once she opened her mouth and the craziness poured out, it was time to run for the hills...

She didn't need to open her mouth for the craziness to pour out, just finding an unsupervised sharpie was good enough for that.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:49 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

racer612008 wrote:
Recent update on IndyCar's pursuit on getting more engine manufacturers for 2021+
https://racer.com/2018/10/22/indycar-en ... ontinuing/

If they pull in even 1 new manufacturer its a massive win over F1.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:23 am 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

http://kwese.espn.com/racing/indycar/story/_/id/25085265/indycar-driver-robert-wickens-confirms-paralyzed-waist-down

:(

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:57 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

that's really sad news. Hope Alex Zanardi can inspire him to chase a paralympic career

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:06 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I prefer the RACER headline.

https://racer.com/2018/10/25/wickens-cl ... on-my-own/

The implication from the ESPN headline is that it's permanent, which considering that he has some movement, is not guaranteed.

-----------

Shank has bought a second tub.

https://racer.com/2018/10/26/second-cha ... expansion/

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:36 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

racer612008 wrote:
it appears with this long-ass off season that Will Power has started photobombing local news stations
I don't know why, but that just seemed so forced. I give him credit for that and I've read that he actually does have a good sense of humor, but he's nothing like some of the jokesters in the paddock.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:39 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

LucasWheldon wrote:
haha you didn't knew the reference right?

Ashley Judd was in that movie and it was her ass the subject explained by Al Pacino
Not sure why I missed that, I love that movie. Been awhile I guess.
Ian-S wrote:
FiatFan83 wrote:
LucasWheldon wrote:

Spoiler:

She didn't need to open her mouth for the craziness to pour out, just finding an unsupervised sharpie was good enough for that.
Yeah, good call on the sharpie feminazi incident.

I follow Dario and his wife on Insta and I'd say he traded waaaaaaaaaaaaay up, movie star or not, and he has a beautiful family now.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:45 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

NVirkkula wrote:
I don't think that was ever in doubt, sadly, even though they respectfully danced around the issue.

The fact he already has some feeling and movement in his legs has to be a good sign though. Maybe he doesn't heal fully, but I'd be more worried if he still had no feeling in his legs.

It was nice to see his boss in the background watching on as he made that first transition.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:00 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

The fact Robert didn't win in 2018 makes the situation even worse to me. I mean, the win at St. Pete was rightfully his if it wasn't for a certain numbskull from California. And he was very fast at several other races.

Anyhow, I'm happy he is doing as well as he is. Spinal injuries are obviously extremely serious and he's lucky to be alive.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:28 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

RtN wrote:
I prefer the RACER headline.

https://racer.com/2018/10/25/wickens-cl ... on-my-own/

The implication from the ESPN headline is that it's permanent, which considering that he has some movement, is not guaranteed.

And from the man himself;

Robert Wickens wrote:
There was no 'announcement' to confirm I was paralysed.

https://www.autosport.com/indycar/news/ ... gic-status

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:05 pm 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

Gotta admire Robert for his attitude. And it's very good that he shares information himself and cuts the rumors. Man, I hope he makes a full recovery and gets back to win the Indy500. What a comeback story that would be!

And he's indeed lucky to be alive. He hit that fence post in a horrible angle but it could have been even worse.

While Ryan Hunter-Reay kinda closed the door on him, it was accident, purely unintentional. And yet such a small contact had devastating consequences and massive accident. And that really makes Kevin Magnussen look more of a jerk to me.

Just look at this picture.

Had there been a contact in a different way, with Leclerc already pulling to right, his car might have ricochet in the air and towards to those objects you see on the pitwall. There's flag post, column holding the starting lights and scoreboard. And of course, people like photographers, marshalls, team staff and so on.

Sure, you could argue that the speed difference was not that great or Leclerc was not going as fast as Wickens, but in accidents like these its difficult to predict exactly where the car might go. Gasly had small airtime at Baku but the contact was more side to side.

Sorry for going a bit off topic, but I see these things related. For me the Indycar drivers have much bigger respect on each other than what some F1 drivers have. And since no one is really reacting to what Magnussen does week after week, I can only see it end with a big one. Hopefully not as devastating as Wickens had.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:40 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

codename_47 wrote:
mclaren2008 wrote:
Nobody knew how bad the race would be until they started. There was no group running in practice.

This isn't true.

Everyone knew how those cars raced on tracks like that

People who pointed out it was a disaster waiting to happen were just "Champcar naysayers determined to ruined the new unified series putting on a new marquee event"

Yeahhh....

There were a LOT of concerned voices before that race, the fact it took place against good logic is one of the blackest days in my motorsport fandom, imo.

This is true. I went to bed (the US west coast races are in the middle of the night for my timezone) certain I'd read about a fatality or two in the morning and was not shocked at all about reading RIP Dan Wheldon in that little comment section at the top of the RfM torrent page where I'd gone to download the race after waking up. Sad yes but not surprised.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:46 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

NVirkkula wrote:
Gotta admire Robert for his attitude. And it's very good that he shares information himself and cuts the rumors. Man, I hope he makes a full recovery and gets back to win the Indy500. What a comeback story that would be!

And he's indeed lucky to be alive. He hit that fence post in a horrible angle but it could have been even worse.

While Ryan Hunter-Reay kinda closed the door on him, it was accident, purely unintentional. And yet such a small contact had devastating consequences and massive accident. And that really makes Kevin Magnussen look more of a jerk to me.

Just look at this picture.

Had there been a contact in a different way, with Leclerc already pulling to right, his car might have ricochet in the air and towards to those objects you see on the pitwall. There's flag post, column holding the starting lights and scoreboard. And of course, people like photographers, marshalls, team staff and so on.

Sure, you could argue that the speed difference was not that great or Leclerc was not going as fast as Wickens, but in accidents like these its difficult to predict exactly where the car might go. Gasly had small airtime at Baku but the contact was more side to side.

Sorry for going a bit off topic, but I see these things related. For me the Indycar drivers have much bigger respect on each other than what some F1 drivers have. And since no one is really reacting to what Magnussen does week after week, I can only see it end with a big one. Hopefully not as devastating as Wickens had.

That is what makes Charlie's horseshit explanation about this swipe even more galling.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:11 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Fuzzy's Vodka & ECR will not continue their partnership in 2019, as Fuzzy's is concentrating on other business initiatives. ECR's plans for 2019 are unchanged. ECR's 3rd entry with Scuderia Corsa for Ed Jones at Indianapolis will run as car #64 (like this year with RLLR / Servia)
http://www.edcarpenterracing.com/ed-car ... zys-vodka/

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:15 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Mark Miles has been invited by a Gold Coast politician for talks for a possible return to Surfers Paradise
https://amp.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/ne ... e2998efd71

Swedish media site Aftonbladet is reporting that Ericcson would fill in for Wickens at SPM
https://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/ ... ren--i-usa

Miles comment on McLaren full time chances for 2020+

Video of testing at COTA

Sent from my SM-S766C using Tapatalk

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 686 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 735 Next