TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:03 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 709 posts ]  Go to page Previous 132 33 34 35 36
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 11:04 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I wish Servia had won it, but Power deserved the lifetime achievement award.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 12:32 am 
Head Muppet

So that was a hell of a month. My fifth time covering the race, my 23rd time attending. I think a bunch of people had high hopes for Stefan Wilson late, hoping someone would bin it.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 6:15 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

During practice in the cool temps the cars could hang with each other much better in the corners and set up the runs down the straights. When it got hot and the guys had to peddle the cars through the corners, handling became so much more of a premium and the field spread out. Those first couple laps when the car is its best they could stay pretty close but the minute one guy had to crack the throttle more than another that was it. These cars are clearly a lot harder to drive in the heat than the old one was. I imagine not have the rear fender work around the tires punching a hole in the air made the draft much less effective as well.

I enjoyed the races the last handful of years for all the passing and ability to get a run on a guy but I also enjoyed this race. As I was talking to my buddy during the race we both were glad that these things are now hard to drive and puts the driver back in control to some extent.

The same thing happened that happened at Fontana a few years ago, just in reverse. At Fontana, the forecast was 100* and they put in downforce level X, but the actual temp was cooler and the X level downforce produced what many thought was one of the best races they'd ever seen. Sunday, they practiced in the cool and could run close together, then race day came and it was much warmer and the aero balance was off on most of their cars and they couldn't really run close together.

Let's see what we've got when we get to Texas.

I would like to see some more horsepower but I really think people need to figure out what they want to see or tone down their expectations. If you want Hanford era racing like the last few years, OK, but if you want lower downforce and more horsepower racing then what we saw Sunday is more like what you're going to see. if you were disappointed in Sunday's race, don't expect to be excited if you get less downforce and more power.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 4:22 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Disney underlined why they have lost the TV rights by delivering the lowest rating for the 500 (3.4) since they started showing them live.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 5:51 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

westracing01 wrote:
During practice in the cool temps the cars could hang with each other much better in the corners and set up the runs down the straights. When it got hot and the guys had to peddle the cars through the corners, handling became so much more of a premium and the field spread out. Those first couple laps when the car is its best they could stay pretty close but the minute one guy had to crack the throttle more than another that was it. These cars are clearly a lot harder to drive in the heat than the old one was. I imagine not have the rear fender work around the tires punching a hole in the air made the draft much less effective as well.

I enjoyed the races the last handful of years for all the passing and ability to get a run on a guy but I also enjoyed this race. As I was talking to my buddy during the race we both were glad that these things are now hard to drive and puts the driver back in control to some extent.

The same thing happened that happened at Fontana a few years ago, just in reverse. At Fontana, the forecast was 100* and they put in downforce level X, but the actual temp was cooler and the X level downforce produced what many thought was one of the best races they'd ever seen. Sunday, they practiced in the cool and could run close together, then race day came and it was much warmer and the aero balance was off on most of their cars and they couldn't really run close together.

Let's see what we've got when we get to Texas.

I would like to see some more horsepower but I really think people need to figure out what they want to see or tone down their expectations. If you want Hanford era racing like the last few years, OK, but if you want lower downforce and more horsepower racing then what we saw Sunday is more like what you're going to see. if you were disappointed in Sunday's race, don't expect to be excited if you get less downforce and more power.

Last year was the best case scenario ever for a Hanford kinda race, it was like a dream, too good to be true, so much draft, yet, kinda hard to pass, so it was also very exciting when it happened. And this year it was the worst for the other cases - The cars couldn't pass each other, couldn't even get close together. Such a contrast will always bring a negative reaction. I actually wouldn't mind if they kept the old aero only for Indy, if the races were always like last year. And I really hate most of the fake races they produce. But I really wanna see them with more horsepower.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 4:37 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Something to watch while I'm working from home today

Amazing how much he loses out on restarts, if I was him I'd be pretty damn furious too

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 6:00 pm 
The most anticipated member

I simply love when they release those full onboards from Indianapolis.

Castroneves onboard is also available.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 6:39 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Yes HCN's is my upload, not Indycars lol, I've also uploaded Will Power and Danica's (Danica has a wicked sense of humour, they should be easy to find on my channel) and also got some of Marco's and I think Rahal's, plus Newgarden's full race is uploading as I type.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 10:20 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Finally an Indy 500 onboard with engine sound!!!!!

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 709 posts ]  Go to page Previous 132 33 34 35 36