TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:04 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1427 posts ]  Go to page Previous 127 28 29 30 3172 Next
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:07 pm 

"I didn’t see him and it is disappointing to lose the victory like this. I was in the middle of the track when I braked for the corner, just to be safe.

But he was next to me and already hit my wheel. I didn’t think he would try something like this. There is no way to overtake there"

What a joke.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:13 pm 
"club baby seals", sounds like some delicious sandwich

RtN wrote:
Mattzel89 wrote:
Maybe Nick should have really given him a reality check and punch him in the face

Plenty of opportunity next weekend.

Poor Mathias Beche

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:30 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Stoegi wrote:
"I didn’t see him and it is disappointing to lose the victory like this. I was in the middle of the track when I braked for the corner, just to be safe.

But he was next to me and already hit my wheel. I didn’t think he would try something like this. There is no way to overtake there"

What a joke.

That's a ridiculous excuse! He was looking in his right-hand mirror all the way down the straight, so if he knew he wasn't there...

'There is no way to overtake there'. Best he tell whoever it was who pulled off an inch-perfect move there a couple of laps beforehand.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:41 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

Watching the whole race. Honestly, this is pretty abysmal. If these were petrol engined, everybody would hate it.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:43 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:51 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Lucky Heidfeld didn't go over the top of that air barrier. Crazy last corner but the speed of the cars is a bit too low given the length of the track. I was watching recorded highlights and actually fast forwarded a lot of it. 2x speed is closer to F1 heh

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:20 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Just caught up with the race and while it wasn't amazing, it wasn't terrible. Thought it was a decent first race, some good racing and overtaking, some boring stuff. My only criticism is that the cars look and are too slow, but then again this is a new series showcasing alternative technology so I'm sure as the cars and technology is developed we'll see improvements.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:35 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Prost has owned up and apologised.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:39 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I wasn't expecting the mid-race car swap, haha. Anyway, for the racing, it's the first race in a new series, we'll see how things progress.. I think the track had as much to do with the limited opportunities than the cars themselves.

I dunno wtf Prost was doing there, that was ridiculous. Glad Heidfeld is ok.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:52 pm 

I thought the race was okay as well. Definitely will see more improvements made to the cars as the time goes by. As for the incident, well that would have been absolutely not the way to start this racing series with a massive injury (or worse), but glad to see Heidfeld doing okay. Such a bonehead that Prost, the new Maldonado of F-E. Needed a race ban tbh.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:27 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

ellis wrote:
Watching the whole race. Honestly, this is pretty abysmal. If these were petrol engined, everybody would hate it.

you have to compare it to the first petrol engined race, surely they weren't that much faster than these electric cars back in the day (maybe even slower). Did you expect F1 style speed at this first race? I wasn't because that's impossible with current technology. Of-course they are also playing it safe with power output and race length in the first season, all cars dnf'ing would be stupid. We'll probably see speeds go up in the next seasons, and probably bigger tracks and longer races will come. The car swapping will also be eliminated and replaced by quick battery changes or something like that (or super quick recharges).

For something completely new it certainly wasn't abysmal. I didn't like everything about it (that music :yuk: ) but I'll certainly watch the next race.

(first A1gp races also seemed very slow compared to F1, but they also got a lot quicker in the end)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:31 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

No you can't compare it to the first petrol engined race.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:34 pm 
Sent from my SCH-R910 using Tapatalk

Things I like:
It's a unique form of motorsport with a unique atmosphere.
How accessible the tracks seem like, with every track a street circuit (a smart move)
Fan interaction via "Fan-Boost"
How racy and close the cars are, given that they're basically set up like IROC cars of the past
Like any other form of motorsport, you never know what's gonna happen next.

Things I don't like:
Background music on repeat
SAFETY CAR!!!
Pit stops just by changing cars (tho, they had to--hot-swapping batteries could end in disaster)
Too many chicanes taking away prime overtaking spots
the way FOX Sports 1 covers the race with the international English feed (they should have sent a team over there)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:48 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
haha I got bored with the low pace and slept before the finish. looks like I lost something historic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:00 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I think the biggest mistake, image-wise, was to call this 'Formula' E, because, it inevitably draws comparisons to F1. The cars are apparently comparable in speed to Formula Ford, which isn't the worst, but I guess it will become much more exciting as the technology progresses due to the obscene amount of torque they'll end up with.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:36 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

gkmotorsport wrote:
I think the biggest mistake, image-wise, was to call this 'Formula' E, because, it inevitably draws comparisons to F1. The cars are apparently comparable in speed to Formula Ford, which isn't the worst, but I guess it will become much more exciting as the technology progresses due to the obscene amount of torque they'll end up with.

I don't agree with that.
I think that calling that series "Formula" is a reference to F1, which is a good point.
The goal of FE is too to attract people who usually doesn't like classic motorsports. Fact is FE is an ecologic racing series, but still a racing series, has to be called like that.
In Europe, if you ask any people to tell you the name of a racing series, they will answer "F1", especially if they are not F1 fans. F1 is known all around the world, Hope FE will have the same future.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:42 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

Ayrton S. wrote:
gkmotorsport wrote:

I don't agree with that.
I think that calling that series "Formula" is a reference to F1, which is a good point.
The goal of FE is too to attract people who usually doesn't like classic motorsports. Fact is FE is an ecologic racing series, but still a racing series, has to be called like that.
In Europe, if you ask any people to tell you the name of a racing series, they will answer "F1", especially if they are not F1 fans. F1 is known all around the world, Hope FE will have the same future.

It isn't even remotely ecological to buy 2 of everything so you can run 2 cars. And it's really not ecological to charge the cars in China, who are one of the worst in the world for clean energy.

Lets not BS ourselves into thinking that buying 2 cars and flying them all over the world is somehow green.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:52 pm 

The term "green" is simply a marketing gimmick companies use to somehow let the consumer feel like they're making a difference environmentally, even tho it's reaching the opposite effect. Think it would be better if they have some sort of a rapid charge system, but we're far away from that yet.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:18 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
don't forget about how tire and rubber is aggressive to enviroment

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:32 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Ayrton S. wrote:
gkmotorsport wrote:

I don't agree with that.

Don't get me wrong, it's great from a brand recognition perspective! I just think it has attracted the attention of the more hardcore sort of fan who will think 'Ooh, electric F1!' and then feel undersold when it turns out to be electric FFord*.

I think the series as a whole is a great idea, as it serves to draw more attention to electric cars in general. More public awareness of electric cars might result in car manufacturers starting to want to deal with the polluting man behind the curtain, so to speak. There's no incentive for them to build truly 'green' cars when we are happy to buy something that burns fuel. Formula E won't solve this problem, but it's another (small) step in the right direction.

* Someone, several years ago, fitted a 120bhp electric motor to each hub of an F3000. I think a field of these would make for better TV :excited:

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1427 posts ]  Go to page Previous 127 28 29 30 3172 Next