TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:43 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:40 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Di Grassi had no idea about the penalty. The team didn't inform him of it so they have a suspended €50,000 fine of which €5,000 is to be paid right away.

https://www.autosport.com/formula-e/new ... 9/?nrt=208

It's silly for Formula E not to close pit exit until the train of cars has passed.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:59 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I watched most of that race...

I don't know... I didn't hate it, but I didn't care for it. And, it had nothing to do with noise or lack thereof. I don't have the right words. It felt like... An exhibition, or some sort of contrived show... I'm not sure how to word it. I didn't feel like I was watching a race for the sake of sport, I felt like I was watching a side show.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:59 am 
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner

James B wrote:
What an absolute clown show

Formula E has always been a shit show. A bunch of mainly Red Bull rejects racing on tiny tracks and big cars that can't go more than 100km on the battery after 7 seasons of development.

There's been so many dumb DQ's over the years for tyres, energy use, driving through the pits because the pace car is pathetically slow, dumb crashes etc.

This season alone has had 12 winners from 13 races. That's some 1982 F1 stuff right there :8:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:17 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
at least FIA can use that to make their gimmicks without shoveing into F1

but manufacturers don't think twice about pulling the plug once they see they'll not be the electric Mercedes

and I still want to see those cars at regular road courses instead of the mickey mouse tracks they regularly go (quite sure they'll head to Sochi or Abu Dhabi)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:35 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

westracing01 wrote:
I watched most of that race...

I don't know... I didn't hate it, but I didn't care for it. And, it had nothing to do with noise or lack thereof. I don't have the right words. It felt like... An exhibition, or some sort of contrived show... I'm not sure how to word it. I didn't feel like I was watching a race for the sake of sport, I felt like I was watching a side show.

This has been my feeling for some time now, maybe a couple of seasons. I try to get excited and even making race threads here but just looks like I don't really care what actually happens or who wins. It must be mostly the gimmicks and the boring endless street circuits. Altough this season has proven the cars don't look fast enough on permanent circuits.

My interest peaked in the earlier car swap era seasons when they raced more during the winter months when there was little to no other racing going on.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:47 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

LucasWheldon wrote:
at least FIA can use that to make their gimmicks without shoveing into F1

Formula E Holdings is the promoter, showrunner and rulebook author and has been from the beginning.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:50 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

What a hoot of a race, really enjoyed that one

3x TBKL rFactor Hillclimb champion

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:03 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Definitely sitting at the switchback 2 hairpin part next year haha

I dunno, I'm tired of reading reasons why people don't like things. We get it, move on to the threads where you like stuff.

I also don't care if Formula E is the future of motorsport or just another 2nd tier open wheel series like Superleague Formula/A1GP/GP Masters or whatever else.

It's fun to watch, that's enough for me.
The cars aren't beholden to aerodynamics and dirty air like almost every other goddamn championship, and you switch on each race not knowing who will win
Also the conflicting nature of the drivers having to decide when to race flat out and attack someone and when to conserve the car means the races are a lot more tactical than people realise. Plus all the extra energy turbo boosts they give them with the 8 mins of higher power and fanboosts mean they will always be on the edge of running out of power at the end of a race, which means the races ALWAYS ramp up in excitment towards the end as some drivers know they have more than enough energy to make the finish and begin being aggresive while others start shitting themselves that they're not gonna make it and start ultra conserving
Much better than some series that are over by the pit stops and are naturally more exciting at the start which then fizzles out towards the end of the race.

I get it, it's turned a lot of what we think about traditional motor racing and the way they go about it on it's head and some fans are never going to come to terms with that or be ok with it.
But it's the most entertaining open wheel single seater racing out there for my money. Looking forward to it pretty much the exact same amount as F1 and that's been a surprise to me too
(But yes, I do agree I wish they'd go back to a October to April calender to spread out the passion all year round ;) )

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley