TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:10 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:50 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I know I’m coming in late here but I’m also getting wrapped up in the discourse over the shoddy coverage. We can debate the issue of showing/withholding footage all day long, but for them to not even mention that a serious accident was the reason for the race to be stopped is inexcusable IMO. It accomplishes nothing and only creates confusion and fear.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:51 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Exactly, Eurosport 2 went to adds after the red flag and everyone was returned to pitlane, I heard nothing about a serious crash on the broadcast. So I went to bed. Only the next morning I read about the crash online. At least tell the viewer what is going on, I didn't mean in my earlier post that they should show close-ups of the driver extraction, or 20 replays etc... but a far helicopter view, discussion about what happend, maybe an interview with drivers who saw what happened, but Formula E did none of this.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:07 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

cookie wrote:
Exactly, Eurosport 2 went to adds after the red flag and everyone was returned to pitlane, I heard nothing about a serious crash on the broadcast. So I went to bed. Only the next morning I read about the crash online. At least tell the viewer what is going on, I didn't mean in my earlier post that they should show close-ups of the driver extraction, or 20 replays etc... but a far helicopter view, discussion about what happend, maybe an interview with drivers who saw what happened, but Formula E did none of this.

Having helicopters flying around probably wasn't a good idea with all the, you know, air strikes.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:43 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

To be honest, it sounds more like race control didn't have 100% knowledge about what was going on and the broadcast team had even less. Coverage aside, that isn't great.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:30 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Note to self: stop booking the same top-speed braking zone first row seats, when Paris e-prix comes back.

Like many of you I honestly never thought these cars could have similar crashes. The end of it wasn't that bad but it started an awful lot like Jeff Krosnoff.

Lynn is lucky. Catchfence rides can have devastating consequences even if the cockpit/HALO integrity isn't compromised... like Dario Franchitti and Robert Wickens in Indycar have sadly shown.