TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:32 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:02 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Philthy82 wrote:
I still don't understand how Wehrlein has become an F1 reject after impressing pretty consistently across his time in F1. Being a Mercedes development driver is pretty much looking like career suicide at this point.

Had a reputation for a poor attitude (which is where Princess Pascal came from), which was also the reason why FIF1 went for Ocon instead of him at the end of 2016. The neck injury, although not his fault, didn't help, and the fact that he failed to shade Ericsson in the way that Leclerc has was the final nail.

Although judging by Ocon's predicament he probably wouldn't have gone much further anyway.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:05 am 
Official TBK Rain Predictor
Official TBK Rain Predictor

I see that Vandoorne took his bad luck with him to Formula E lmao.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:23 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

https://www.forbes.com/sites/setheveret ... 8be78f49dc

The season opener in Saudi Arabia is still on despite some recent events (the death of the expat journalist).

I hope the pressure increases and they have to cancel it. Would serve FE/FIA right for deciding to hold the race in the first place.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:42 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Death? Murder more like, they tortured the guy then cut him up with a bone saw presumably so his remains would fit into diplomatic pouches so they could take him back to Saudi without as much as a whisper.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:12 am 
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner

The race will happen. They'l take the money and run.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:06 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Fuck Saudi Arabia. The US and the West have a massive hard on of hate for Iran, when they should in fact be 12 inches long thinking about Saudi Arabia, one of the most oppressive and dangerous nations out there.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:17 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Ian-S wrote:
Death? Murder more like, they tortured the guy then cut him up with a bone saw presumably so his remains would fit into diplomatic pouches so they could take him back to Saudi without as much as a whisper.

It was a diplomatic choice of word. Seems pretty clear case especially now as it was reported that one of the perps mysteriously and very suddenly died a car accident :whistling:, but I also don't trust Turkey.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:57 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

We're going way OT, but last time I was in London we walked up the road that has most of the embassies on, kinda ironic that the only two that had additional security, tank busters, armed cops, 20 foot high steel fences etc. we're the Saudi and Israeli ones, in fact it was quiet funny because the Turkish one had no security at all, and the front door was wide open (and still was 2 hours later) I could have walked straight in had I wanted. My wife made the mistake of wipping out her camera to try and take a photo (illegal on this road, so don't try it) only to have some probable MOSAD trainee scream at her from within the embassy to stop taking photos or they'd shoot her, the Brit cop outside kindly stepped in between and said they're serious, so put that away quick in a nice manner but it scared the shit out of us.

When we got to the other end security came out to ask if she was ok and said "yeah they don't like photos being taken of their embassy, we heard them introduce themselves from here", which was almost a mile away, and these countries wonder why they're not winning any popularlty contests when their first reaction is to threaten to shoot someone for taking a photo.

Funniest one was the Sudan embassy, it was an office block and had a hand written note outside, yes this is the Sudan Embassy not Tesco Express. The Russian one had an open front door too, like they were expecting regular defectors lol

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:44 pm 

webbsy wrote:
Fuck Saudi Arabia. The US and the West have a massive hard on of hate for Iran, when they should in fact be 12 inches long thinking about Saudi Arabia, one of the most oppressive and dangerous nations out there.

That's politics. :p It can be funny sometimes. Recall that the US reacted to 9/11 (of which most of the terrorists came from Saudi Arabia)... by going to war with Iraq. :slaphead:

I'll be honest, politically it's hard to think of a nation in the Middle East to root for though.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:46 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

That was because it was claimed the people behind 9/11 were living in Iraq, it's another one of those long forgotten and unproven factual triggers of the war, along with them having WMDs, chemical weapons and being able to blow the UK off the face of the planet within 45 minutes etc.

Immediately after 9/11 America went to war (with Al Quadia) in Afghanistan, Iraq was a war against a perceived threat that didn't exist, but because it was America behind it, neither Bush not Blair went on trial for it (both should be rotting in jail over those lies).

I do hope they are teaching children in America are more accurate representation of post 9/11 than the one you've described lol

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:43 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
they are condenscendent with Saudia because they offer cheaper oil which is kinda funny because they are receiving the electric car series and not the gas guzzling powerful cars

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:03 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Another UK broadcaster switch, this time to the BBC.

https://www.autosport.com/fe/news/14001 ... -in-201819

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:47 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

^ Web/Red Button only. Except for one for now unnamed race.

Earlier it was also announced that in UK there will be a live stream on Youtube with some Youtube "influencers"/personalities. Remains to be seen whether that really means actual live race broadcasts or just some stupid feed intended for 13 year olds.

http://www.fiaformulae.com/en/news/2018 ... tube-show/

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:58 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

The "unnamed race" will be BIRMINGHAM jajajajajajajajajajajaja

(srs: gone quiet on that atm though, sadly :( )

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:16 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Just bought tickets to the Paris e-prix. The system is much better, you can choose the grandstand and the exact seats - front row turn 1 here I come! Earlier years it was randomly assigned.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:29 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

They just released a video on how the new attack mode will work. It's weird but I am curious to see how it plays out.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:24 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Attack mode explained:
https://www.autosport.com/fe/news/14053 ... efore-race

Quote:
ABB FIA Formula E teams will only be informed of the duration, minimum usage time and number of activations of the attack mode boost system one hour before each race.

As confirmed by Autosport, FE is introducing the attack mode system - provisionally called hyperboost - for the start of the Gen2 era.

The FIA had previously explained that the precise details regarding the sporting rules for attack mode would be published ahead of the start of the 2018/19 season.

The governing body's World Motor Sport Council confirmed them on Wednesday in St Petersburg.

An FIA statement explained that the system "will be determined at each race by the FIA, according to the special features of the circuits, one hour before the start at the latest".

Attack mode raises a driver's power level from 200kW to 225kW once they have travelled through an off-line activation zone.

It is intended to increase strategy and overtaking options in FE now that the championship no longer features car swaps during races.

Autosport understands that reason for keeping the attack mode details from the teams until so late on each race day is to prevent them from simulating the best way to use the system.

It is also understood that attack mode will vary from round to round, with a total of eight minutes in the 225kW mode being split into different time allocations - for example, four lots of two minutes, two lots of four minutes or one eight-minute period - per race.

Drivers will not be allowed to arm the attack mode for the first two laps of the race.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:55 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
they say attack mode, I just hope it becomes a crash magnet

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:31 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I heard "Attack Mode" and the first thing that came to mind was the Horn Ball from NASCAR Dirt to Daytona.

You can understand my disappointment. :(

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:14 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Cartman wrote:
I heard "Attack Mode" and the first thing that came to mind was the Horn Ball from NASCAR Dirt to Daytona.

You can understand my disappointment. :(

Was the engine for that game derived from Viper Racing? As that had a bonus horn ball weapon!