It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 7:26 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:08 pm 
Eddie Jordan

Good to hear they are likely to go back to the shorter layout

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:33 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Shame the supports were better than the BTCC races, though doesn't help when the commentators slag off the circuit, suspect Harvey may be getting a bollocking about that. Liking the fact that ITV have started playing in incidents from the Saturday races.

HSCC race here for anyone who missed it

http://youtu.be/h4KucY2PqII
kals wrote:
Well those races happened.

I'm not sure why racing on the full circuit was worse than the Island configuration. There's only a small difference and on the shorter circuit drivers tend to defend hard going into the hairpin (I've mentioned this in past year's) lap after lap, and the only way a pass happens is when the attacking driver does what Plato did to Turks in race 3. And that said, TOCA / Gow normally let's that kind of thing go on the Island circuit but put Plato back behind Turkington after race 3. How odd.

I think island bend doesn't help as its hard for cars to go side by side through there so its very easy to defend at the hairpin. I think they've got a lot stricter on contact this year, the tap and pass has been going on for a bit too long.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:36 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

gd49 wrote:
I think they've got a lot stricter on contact this year, the tap and pass has been going on for a bit too long.

yea the commentators mentioned this a few times. I'm not sure why the officials decided to strongly enforce driving standards this season, things seemed just fine last year? I'm not saying we need lots of crashes but I think some contact is ok. This and the track layout change made all three races kinda crappy. It looked like a few drivers didn't want to take the risk of punting someone in situations where they would have normally made a move.