TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:44 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 603 posts ]  Go to page Previous 127 28 29 30 31
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:54 am 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

phil1993 wrote:
phil1993 wrote:
I think Snetterton needs to have what Brands has - one race on the 300 and one on the 200 (well, the old circuit)

Now that they've ruined turn 2, it wouldn't be interesting. That corner was full of character because of the concrete run off and relatively high speed exit. Now it'd be a hairpin with a 90 deg switchback, which is as bland and horrible as the hairpins at Indy. :(

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:36 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

phil1993 wrote:
I think Snetterton needs to have what Brands has - one race on the 300 and one on the 200 (well, the old circuit)

We (the FUNCUP series) are going to Snett twice for that very reason!
Hoping for good weather in mid Sept!.. Last time we went there in autumn it was horrendous!

It's your forum and I paid the bills this year.. :p :p

and if people don't like it they shouldComplain here

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:07 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

ellis wrote:
phil1993 wrote:
phil1993 wrote:

Now that they've ruined turn 2, it wouldn't be interesting. That corner was full of character because of the concrete run off and relatively high speed exit. Now it'd be a hairpin with a 90 deg switchback, which is as bland and horrible as the hairpins at Indy. :(

Apparently it was all that running "4 wheels off" that Palmer had the biggest issue with at that corner and demanded it was changed.

I watched the Toyota MR2s from the 200 layout and it seems on that combination Montreal becomes a hairpin into a quick chicane on the exit which despite being flat out does NOT help cars stay close together for the following straight.
(Fortunately the straight is long enough that a car can gain back in the slipstream what they lose at the chicane kink but it's not exactly conducive for overtaking :( )

I'd agree with having one race on the 200 and one on the 300 though, especially if it meant taking a race off of Brands Indy, which I'm getting right royally sick of now...

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 603 posts ]  Go to page Previous 127 28 29 30 31