TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 1:34 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 937 posts ]  Go to page Previous 141 42 43 44 4547 Next

Who will be the champion?
Matt Neal 29%  29%  [ 6 ]
Jason Plato 14%  14%  [ 3 ]
Gordon Shedden 43%  43%  [ 9 ]
Mat Jackson 10%  10%  [ 2 ]
Andrew Jordan 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Frank Wrathall 5%  5%  [ 1 ]
Tom Onslow Cole 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes: 21
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:57 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

David Bartrum, my hero

Quote:
The only sour note of the weekend was Jason Plato’s reaction to the incident with Aron. I realise he will see it his way and we will see it ours, that’s natural. I was disappointed in the penalty which TOCA gave us because we’ve been on the receiving end of nearly identical incidents with Aron & Rob Austin in round 1, TOCA verdict – Racing incident, Liam & Lea Wood at Croft, TOCA verdict – Racing incident. Someone does it to Plato, TOCA verdict – 3 points & a £500 fine. Is it because its Plato? Maybe, who knows? With that in mind when we heard that 888 & Plato had appealed we were surprised, turns out Jason wanted more! He even suggested that Aron had a job to do on him! What can you say to this? Paranoid maybe?

Jason is supposed to represent British Motorsport, in two roles even beyond his role in the BTCC with MG & 888. He is the face of the KX young driver programme mentoring young aspiring drivers & has a major role at the BRDC as a Director. Yet despite all of this he remains the most outspoken, shouting his mouth of to anyone who will listen about how badly everyone else drives! Sorry, am I missing something? Is this the same Jason Plato who rammed Matt Neal off in a fit of rage/revenge at Snetterton, the same Jason Plato who rammed Gordon Shedden of at the last corner of Donington after pushing him along the back straight whilst Gordon tried to brake, and the same Jason Plato who simply disposed of Dave Newsham disgracefully at the first race of the season? And that’s just this year. He has been one incident away from a 3 month ban for a little while due to his own indiscretions on track in the last 12 months. Pot and kettle spring to mind!

He suggested Aron doesn’t deserve a race licence. Quite frankly, he is the man who needs banning from the championship. Why TOCA didn’t give him points for his revenge mission at Snetterton on Matt Neal is anybodies guess! Probably because he has so many points already. MG & his sponsors should think twice before renewing his contract if he continues to behave like this. He makes damning statements that other teams and drivers are merely ‘playing at this’ and we’re just ‘pretenders’ unlike the paid professional drivers. At most, if this was the case there would be a 3 car grid, this is modern day Motorsport. I amongst other would love to have the budgets of yesteryear and be able to pick two fully paid drivers like Andy Neate & Jason Plato as 888 have been able to this year!

How he keeps a job with the BRDC is beyond me. He is a Director in the most influential club in British Motorsport, he is in a role which people need to respect him and look upon his as someone who sets an example of how a race driver conducts himself both on and off the circuit. In my opinion he does neither! It’s a joke that they have someone with such low regard for fellow competitors and young drivers in such a position. It’s hypocritical. There is a new young driver programme which he is fronting. He then accuses Aron of being ‘a pretender’ because he pays for his drive. Will that be the same for all the drivers under his management who are paying for their drive? I doubt it, I’m sure he will change his mind then! Quite frankly no driver having been mentored by him would be welcome in a race car of mine.

All of that said I do respect his driving ability, he is clearly very talented. He also puts on a great show for the public, who seemingly love a bad boy. Maybe we’re just another part of his show this week. I just think if he kept his mouth shut and his thoughts to himself the world would be better for it. I can only assume, and half understand that Aron is on the receiving end of his passion from the reality that Jason’s Championship received a massive dent at the weekend due to him making a mistake of his own by drifting over into Aron, giving Aron very few options. Jason made the uncharacteristic error in which he lost out, something he doesn’t do very often. I think most drivers would have driven exactly how Aron did, and the others probably would have ended up in the gravel themselves!

http://www.motorbaseperformance.co.uk/b ... og-43.html

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:02 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Very well said.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:03 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Good man. About time someone (from within the paddock other than Matt Neal) spoke up about Plato.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:04 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

I guess everyone around is just used to him playing the panto villain role they expect a certain level of douchery and when he achieves it it's situation normal.
We'd be more surprised if he had a clean weekend tbh.

But hey, he knows his role and what he's expected to do, and it works, especially on me as I fill up page after page of BTCC threads with anger and ranting.

I'd probably have a heart attack if he ever did anything good.

In other news, I read in Autosport that Gow said they may race Knockhill in reverse next year.
Nahhh...can't see that happening.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:06 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Probably taking the piss...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:07 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Can we start a BTCC thread which is purely just comments made by Codename about his dislike of Jason Plato? Or does the internet not have that much storage available?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:08 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

codename_47 wrote:
In other news, I read in Autosport that Gow said they may race Knockhill in reverse next year.
Nahhh...can't see that happening.

It's not the first time it's been suggested. They also made similar suggestions of Donington Park about 10 years or so back.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:08 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

kals wrote:
Can we start a BTCC thread which is purely just comments made by Codename about his dislike of Jason Plato? Or does the internet not have that much storage available?

Not enough, like a compilation of people being taken out by Plato.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:14 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I can imagine the headlines on News At 10...

Quote:
And we start the programme tonight with news of the devasting and apparant distintegration of the World Wide Web. Reports suggest that motorsport fans on popular forum TBK-Lite were attemting to compile a comprehensive list of incidents caused and involving TV personality Jason Plato without realising they'd taken up all the world's internet storage. It caused such an immediate and catastrophic effect around the world that Barclays, HBOS, Bank of America and the Dow Jones immediately and symultaneously collapsed and are now officially bankrupted.

Last edited by kals on Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:16 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

Knockhill actually has a license to run the circuit completely in reverse now though, so it is completely possible to do. Unlike Donington Park, which never has done.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:48 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

That is one of the greatest articles I have read this year. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:05 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Quite suprised he's written such a rant in public. Will be interesting next time a Motorbase car and Plato are together on track...

Is Plato actually going through with the appeal for Smith's penalty? Any idea when it'll be heard?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:43 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

There was a proposal that the Birmingham Superprix track would be ran in the other way after 1990 but it was dropped and then the circuit was never used again shortly afterwards.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:08 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

And there was proposals to run Montreal backwards for the Champcar race in 2002 but again it came to nothing.

ITT we talk about circuits that could be raced in either direction :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:13 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

AFAIK, Birmingham council still have the authority and relevant valid laws/licenses etc to run the Birmingham superprix? Such a shame they don't capitalise :(

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:18 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Spa please
[youtubeidiot]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iq0BZwnfVmI[/youtubeidiot]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:10 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Two Audi's at Rockingham :)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:39 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Good.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:43 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Great news. Who will be driving?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:55 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Austin and Bratt.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 937 posts ]  Go to page Previous 141 42 43 44 4547 Next