TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:33 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 413 posts ]  Go to page Previous 117 18 19 20 21
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:46 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

racer69 wrote:
Nick88 wrote:
A lot of Safety Cars though?

Certainly, at least we had a boring race for the first 140 laps

Fixed.

It was getting ludicrous when we were past the halfway stage of the race and the only "highlights" in the highlight clip was the stall at the start and a load of crap on pit lane...whoooo...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:51 am 
Australian - All the animals look so strange

Ebessan wrote:
racer69 wrote:

Why is that funny?

lol

go away.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:30 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

garbo wrote:

Read that in the paper today, was quite shocked when I read it. Hopefully that company shouldn't be allowed to sponsor another V8 Supercar ever again.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:35 am 

Quote:
Rookie driver attacked by sponsor

By James Phelps
October 15, 2008

RISING Ford star Michael Patrizi was attacked by a sponsor of his team after the Bathurst 1000 on Sunday.

The young V8 Supercar driver suffered bruising and lacerations to his face when he was head-butted by a director from electrical testing company Tex Onsite.

The shocking incident occurred at the conclusion of the Bathurst 1000 when Patrizi was walking with his girlfriend in pit lane at Mt Panorama.

Witnesses say the director, whose company sponsors the Ford Rising Stars team, ran 15 metres to confront the 23-year-old rookie before head-butting him. The attacker was restrained by three men as he questioned Patrizi's driving ability.

foxsports

what a scumbag, it's one thing to be disappointed with your team it's annother to be physically agressive towards them, i hope this bastard never get's near annother race event.

EDIT: LOL WUPS didnt read the above posts

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:44 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Damn, the Rat is very unlucky.
http://www.v8supercars.com.au/content/l ... statement/
Quote:
Paul Radisich statement
Release date: 15/10/2008

Statement on behalf of Paul and Patricia Radisich

New Zealand racing driver Paul Radisich was involved in a crash at Bathurst last Saturday, and while his injuries are not life threatening they are extensive and will require a long period of acute care.

His list of injuries include:

• reopened the fractured sternum from the 2006

• fractured right ankle which has already had been operated on and plates have been inserted

• fractured left foot which requires surgery when he returns to Melbourne

• fractured vertebrae in lumbar region

• fractured vertebrae in thoracic region

• cracked ribs

• bruised lungs

Paul and Patricia now need to concentrate on his recovery and rehabilitation from the injuries which are more extensive than first thought, and have requested some privacy to deal with the next six to eight weeks.

Paul is hoping to return to Melbourne on Friday to be nearer to his family.

Source:V8 Latest News

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:29 am 

He would have to be thinking about it. Really poor luck.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:36 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Wow, didn't think those injuries were that bad. Hope he has a speedy recovery.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:06 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Nick78 wrote:
The end of his career I wonder?

Certainly would be the smart move, considering he suffered greatly from his broken left ankle and now having 2 weak ankles. Even if he has a full recovery and does want to go racing again, the smart thing to do would be to never race Bathurst again.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:18 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Damn, never thought his injuries were that bad. At first they said only a broken ankle.

I hope they extend the tyre wall at that part of the track.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:01 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Your right, & it wasn't a 'normal accident' (although Damien White's similiar off last year could easily have had the same ending) though CAMS were quick to install tyres there afterwards...there is probably a perfectly good explanation why there wasn't any tyres there in the first place, but lets hope they give us an explanation at least.

If he was still driving full-time i'd have said he would be back... as a part-timer though (was he racing anything other than V8 enduro's and the New Zealand championship?), he might ease himself out of it.

scotty wrote:
because 99% of people spent the first 72 laps (well atleast laps 40-70) waiting for a safety car to bunch up everything, yet you wanted the race to remain the crap loop-de-loop that it was.

As i mentioned previously, get over it. the safety/pace car makes the racing infinitely exciting, and you are the only person (here atleast) who shares your opinion.

It's quite amusing to read that people found the racing so boring that they wanted safety cars to artificially tighten it up. You may want me to 'get over it', but why should i be making apologies for wanting to see proper racing? If the safety cars had of been for actual accidents, i have no problem with that...but when they throw them for sand on the track (they let the similiar Rick Kelly incident go last year), or for cars bogged at Murray's Corner, it just ruins the flow of the race.....

Lets be honest, all anyone seemed interested in (even Crompton & White) was the dash to the flag after the last safety car....why do we bother racing all day then???

What was crap about the first 72 laps, you had a proper motor race. #888 had built up a lead on merit... what a farce it would have been had #4 won, they were over a minute off the lead when the first safety car came out, yet they finished 3rd! Similiarly #1 was saved going a lap down by the first safety car.

Surely if yellow flags are what was required to keep the race interesting (as you seem to suggest), that indicates there is something wrong with the formula.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:52 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

racer69 wrote:
If the safety cars had of been for actual accidents, i have no problem with that...but when they throw them for cars bogged at Murray's Corner, it just ruins the flow of the race.....

And create a very dangerous situation as a result. In fact, had they left the 777 Reindler car that was bogged there in the middle of the race, Matt Neal would have slammed into it. They've thrown safety cars for cars bogged at Murray's for years, and I've got no problem with it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:34 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

kentrulz wrote:
And create a very dangerous situation as a result. In fact, had they left the 777 Reindler car that was bogged there in the middle of the race, Matt Neal would have slammed into it. They've thrown safety cars for cars bogged at Murray's for years, and I've got no problem with it.

I'm not advocating leaving the cars there, anything but. Why not have a tractor stationed at Murrays? Other series seem to try everything they can 'not' to throw a caution, on Sunday it was like they were looking for reason's to do so.

scotty wrote:
Dick Johnson, Allan Moffatt, Jim Richards all agreed to the safety car rules

What did they have to do with it? The safety car was only introduced for the 1987 race as it had World Championship status, and the pace car was part of the International rules (who knows how long we would have carried on with the tilt trays had we not had the WTCC round in 1987). In terms of safety cars in actual ATCC/V8SCS, the first one wasn't until Symmons Plains 1997.

And scotty, this is a discussion forum where everyone has & is entitled to different views, there is no need to take it (seemingly) personally just because someone offers a different opinion to something you are obviously passionate about.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:45 pm 

They are ridiculously trigger happy with SC in this country though. It completely ruins our development races since they are so short to start with, then we have 7 laps under SC because someone was buried in the kittly litter in an area where local yellows would more than suffice.

Might be enjoyable for spectators but fuck me it's frustrating times in the pits.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 413 posts ]  Go to page Previous 117 18 19 20 21