TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:25 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 367 posts ]  Go to page Previous 115 16 17 18 19
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 6:03 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I was hoping Vaulkhard would show abit of force getting back past Gio because Gio's original move was careless and just ended up driving into the side of Harry. Shame he lost 3 places in the process :lol:

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 6:53 pm 
2010 TBK-F1 prediction King
2010 TBK-F1 prediction King

That was a typical BTCC meeting really. Great racing all day with the exception of the Porsches, with ITV doing an awful job.

Vaulkhard was very impressive, its just a shame the pressure got to him at the end.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 7:00 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Martin Johnstone also drove a great race, coming home 12th, adding to the 11th he scored in Race 1. I had no idea that he actually drving an 8 year old car which makes it actually a very impressive.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 8:02 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Just got back form the track and christ...that was a intense day!

It absolutely hammered it down straight after the 2nd BTCC race while I was walking back through the paddock and by the time I made it backto the CRS garage, I had water flowing off me like a waterfall! :lol: :oops:

Awesome day though none the less. I really enjoyed it despite getting drenched about 4 times... 8)

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 2:13 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Gaara wrote:
Well they gave him the gap and he takes it. Just because the others are too chicken to do the same, it isn't DTM you won't get a D/T for even the slightest touch...

Agreed, I actually found the Clearways stuff to be quite ballsy overtaking.
Besides it's not like he invented that move or was the only one using it. The guys Neal passed lost one place, Gio tried it a couple of times and pushed the car he was passing so wide they both lost several places.

I've found Neal to be driving quite maturely this year, and the championship position reflects this.
Case in point again was at Brands when he found himself behind Plato and decided to stick where he was rather than risk an accident with ol' big-head. I don't normally support drivers settling for what they have over going for an overtake but, it was Neal and Plato, any move would've ended in an accident, Plato would've assured it, he'd rather crash than lett Matt over take him, so for Matt to see this coming and pressure Plato but not risk anything was quite an intellegent approach imo.
He's my tip for champion even though ITV are on the Giovanardi bandwagon at the moment.

Another great day's racing though, but we say that every meeting don't we? :)
I just wish with all the will they/won't they in the run up to the race didn't happen so my Dad didn't book a day off meaning I couldn't be there!
Oh well, I get the F3/GT meeting or possibly Formula 2 to make up instead.....yayy? :?

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 12:34 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Autosport gave the Carrera cup races 3/5 stars. I didn't think it was worth 1!

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 4:37 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

phil1993 wrote:
Autosport gave the Carrera cup races 3/5 stars. I didn't think it was worth 1!

Side by Side finishes make people forget how boring it was to get to that point apparently.

Happens a lot on this forum too.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 367 posts ]  Go to page Previous 115 16 17 18 19