TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:08 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 693 posts ]  Go to page Previous 131 32 33 34 35 Next
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:32 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Not sure I like that. Brands should start and end the year and we have a long break between Brands and Oulton Park.

On the driver front, I'd be good to have:

888 Racing (Kia's?): Giovanardi, Jordan
Dynamics: Neal, Herbert
Chevvy: Plato, Jackson
RAC: Turkington, Jelley
Private Seats: Shedden, Jones
Another team (possibly Hondas) Pinkney, Thompson
Aon: Chilton, Onslow Cole
Airwaves BMW: Collard, Adam
Chevvy 2: Vaulkhard, Nash

then all the other privateers like George and Hamilton

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:47 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Phil, I'll bow to your superior knowledge here, but do you think we might see any of this years cars (Vectras) in private hands next year...
Didn't it happen previously with 'last years car' (seats)???

It's your forum and I paid the bills this year.. :p :p

and if people don't like it they shouldComplain here

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:53 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

Cuisine de France to join BTCC in 2010

Free tickets for Mods and Admins :flag:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:55 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Eddington mains wrote:
Phil, I'll bow to your superior knowledge here, but do you think we might see any of this years cars (Vectras) in private hands next year...
Didn't it happen previously with 'last years car' (seats)???

Maybe, I don't know whether they will belong to Vauxhall squad but I expect 888 would have the funds to buy them off of them but probably run 2 cars rather than 3. More likely is Kia supplying 888 with a pair of their cars (God knows what type). Um, yeah, I think the Seats that Cartridge World (or whatever) used were used by Seat squad last year

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:08 pm 
2010 TBK-F1 prediction King
2010 TBK-F1 prediction King

phil1993 wrote:
Um, yeah, I think the Seats that Cartridge World (or whatever) used were used by Seat squad last year

The car Jones used is his own car (it's the same one he ran in 2008) and the Eaves/Shedden car is owned by Cartridge World. Both are ex-GR Asia cars as far as I know.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:20 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

pimmy wrote:
10, Sun 10 October, Brands Hatch (Indy), Kent

Shit finale. Why is the Indy round not at the beginning of the season?

Oh well, at least the GP layout is back for another year.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:24 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

jdh wrote:
pimmy wrote:

Yeah, I also don't like the long break between 3 and 4, after we only have a 1 week break between 2 and 3. And why Thruxton to start the year? Brands Hatch should start AND end the season, it just feels right :p Definitely feeling the need for a street circuit somewhere OR a night race somewhere :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:57 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

phil1993 wrote:
And why Thruxton to start the year? Brands Hatch should start AND end the season, it just feels right :p

Nah, it always used to be that Brands either started or ended the season. It's only the last two years that it's done both.

phil1993 wrote:
Definitely feeling the need for a street circuit somewhere

It requires an individual act of Parliament for any city in the UK to host a street race, and Birmingham is the only city with that legal right. And that shows no sign of returning.

phil1993 wrote:
OR a night race somewhere :thumbsup:

The fact that all BTCC races are now live on TV ensures this won't happen.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:59 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

True, but by this time of year (ie, first week in October) it's dark around 6.30, Race 3 usually finishes at about 5.50 so shifting an hour or so later wouldnt be a massive task really.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:00 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

According to Motorsport News and crash.net expect Jason Plato to either be in possible works Chevy Cruze next year, or a possible works Volvo.

Calenders quite interesting. Disappointed that the last rounds arent on the GP loop, but glad its back all the same.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:05 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Plato should go with the Chevvy: I'm not sure the Volvo would be that good

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:22 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I can't imagine why a manufacturer would want to enter if they'd be the only one in it. Being a manufacturer and beating a grid of independents doesn't strike me as impressive as beating other manufacturers. From a marketing point of view that is.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:36 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

jdh wrote:
I can't imagine why a manufacturer would want to enter if they'd be the only one in it. Being a manufacturer and beating a grid of independents doesn't strike me as impressive as beating other manufacturers.

I think we've learned to take any manufacturer talk with a pinch of salt until it actually happens.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:40 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I can pretty much say that Volvo won't be in BTCC and I doubt Chevy will either, as a works team anyway. If Plato drives for either it'll most likely be in WTCC.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:16 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

jdh wrote:
pimmy wrote:

Well we all know how tight Brands is with GP Loop running due to the Nimbys, so I guess BTCC will slot nicely into the hole in the schedule vacated by A1GP
(IF that series returns for 2009/2010 there won't be any round in England so they're free to do that...*sigh* )

That way Brands can keep the late season date for something else. DTM?
I'd love to see Superleauge Formula there too, but not at the expense of Donington ;)

Gaara wrote:
I can pretty much say that Volvo won't be in BTCC and I doubt Chevy will either, as a works team anyway. If Plato drives for either it'll most likely be in WTCC.

Oh god I hope so. At least anything that will get him to FUCK OFF out of BTCC and crash off some cars I might cheer him for crashing off, instead of hating him for.
(Plato vs Farfus would be pretty cool duels, who can crash the other off the quickest and the dirtiest while causing maximum amount of carnage behind! :p )

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:38 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mattzel89 wrote:
Cuisine de France to join BTCC in 2010

Free tickets for Mods and Admins :flag:

Hmm interesting thought..
Unfortunatly we had a brand new car at the start of the season and the cars have a competetive 3 years life cycle and with the 'current economic climate' the sponsorship has reduced somewhat.. The team that do our race prep ( Solutions racing) are more than capable of running a car though.. They run a Ginetta Jnr and a Clio and have run Porsches in the past..
A race coming up at Oulton on 16th and 17th October..

It's your forum and I paid the bills this year.. :p :p

and if people don't like it they shouldComplain here

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:44 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Gaara wrote:

Plato won't be in the WTCC. Thats a definite. He'll be driving in the BTCC next year. He won't want to do WTCC becuase it'll take him away from his TV work and I don't think his personal sponsers want him to go anywhere. He has said that himself.

Furthermore, Its also important to remember that a Chevy works team isn't that unlikely because there is now no conflict of interest with Vauxhall out and also the Cruze has just been released in Britain, therefore it would make good sense for them to enter.

On another note, Matt Jackson may be remianing with team Silverline/RML for next year and if Neal is confirmed then he would partner Johnny Herbert at Team Dynamics.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:06 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

kart99 wrote:
Gaara wrote:

Plato won't be in the WTCC. Thats a definite. He'll be driving in the BTCC next year. He won't want to do WTCC becuase it'll take him away from his TV work and I don't think his personal sponsers want him to go anywhere. He has said that himself.

Furthermore, Its also important to remember that a Chevy works team isn't that unlikely because there is now no conflict of interest with Vauxhall out and also the Cruze has just been released in Britain, therefore it would make good sense for them to enter.

On another note, Matt Jackson may be remianing with team Silverline/RML for next year and if Neal is confirmed then he would partner Johnny Herbert at Team Dynamics.

the only confirmed driver for next year is actually Harry Vaulkhard :lol: - Bamboo racing are trying to expand to 2 cars, so maybe Nash could be team mate to Harry?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:17 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

phil1993 wrote:
kart99 wrote:
Gaara wrote:

the only confirmed driver for next year is actually Harry Vaulkhard :lol: - Bamboo racing are trying to expand to 2 cars, so maybe Nash could be team mate to Harry?

Nathan Freeke might get the second Bamboo seat. He has been talking to them

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:05 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Something maybe to keep an eye on over the winter is that Ford may be increasing their involvement in the Arena team. According to Touring Car times they are evaluating entering the WTCC in 2011 and may view the BTCC as a launch pad to that.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 693 posts ]  Go to page Previous 131 32 33 34 35 Next