TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:19 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 309 posts ]  Go to page Previous 112 13 14 15 16 Next
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:41 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

highgroove wrote:
lol Martin Johnson is so shit he only just managed to get by Gio, and Gio had a flat tyre :lol:

He's an amateur driver in a 5 year old Astra, been doing a pretty decent job this year really.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:08 pm 
2010 TBK-F1 prediction King
2010 TBK-F1 prediction King

That third race was insane, but it still doesn't make up for how poor ITV are.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:24 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Best race of the year that third race, especially Johny Herbert was a star, driving hard but fair. If he is in BTCC next year he'll definitely be a race winner.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:05 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I didn't watch all the coverage today, did they discuss what or who caused Matt Neal's first race accident? I noticed Reid was nearby so wasn't sure if he was involed.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:36 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

They never mentioned at all who pushed Neal off.

Reid wouldn't surprise me at all.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:41 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Just got back. Absolutely fantastic day, bloody knackered now though.

Great racing for the most part, the only real let down being the second Clio race surprisingly. Oh, and the G50 grid NEEDS more cars. It's a shame to see what could be a great series being wasted by dwindling grid numbers.

The first lap of pretty much every race was epic fail. I think 9 out of the 10 races there were today had a SC, the majority of them for first lap clusterfuckery :lol: I think the Juniors win the award for best first lap pile up, so... congrats to them?

The final BTCC race was ridiculously awesome, only problem being I didn't know where to look half the time! Best BTCC race of the year though imo.

Oh, and the house band thing that some of the drivers played in at the end of the day was good fun. Potato didn't show up - we left early, but just after we left the circuit a Porsche flew past us with the registration "P1ATO" (as well as on the way there in the morning on the A43 - overtaken by Plato twice in one day and didn't end up in the hedge!) so we're assuming he didn't turn up at all. I've got a great video of Louise Goodman and Johnny Herbert singing "Johnny B. Goode" ( :lol: ) so I'll try and get that up here sometime tomorrow. Also, Sarah Moore was standing right infront of me while the band were playing, but only me and the guy standing next to me seemed to know who she was :p

All in all, great day.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:58 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

kals wrote:
I didn't watch all the coverage today, did they discuss what or who caused Matt Neal's first race accident? I noticed Reid was nearby so wasn't sure if he was involed.

I was at Rockingham, so don't know what they showed on TV, but this is a photo I took of the beginning of the accident.
I don't think there was any contact between Neal and Reid, but it looked like Neal arrived pretty hot up the inside, desperate to make up places. Reid went pretty defensive, but Neal I think had already committed to the move. It looks from the picture that Reid has squeezed Neal on the grass, but I think it was more of a case of Neal arriving quicker than Reid, completely locked up (look at the skid marks - they start ages before he gets to the grass).

My Flickr photographs
My rubbish YouTube channel

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:11 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

"Whoops, there went my braking point."

Although Reid shouldn't have been that far over either.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:12 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Reid revenge for Silverstone 2004 probably

"I see you there Matt, like hell are you coming through, now eat grass! :lol:

Again an awesome BTCC meeting, have they ever had a bad one?

It seems that oval infield racing is boring for lots of other types of racing (Looking at you, Grand-Am) but the twistyness of them are perfect for Touring Cars.

Now onto Brands Hatch where we finally get the use of the GP loop! We'll show those WTCC fools how decent Touring Car racing can be on the longer layout ;)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:24 pm 
Eddie Jordan

I've just sorted out my 600+ photos I took on Saturday and will be uploading over the next couple of days (ie when I get time)

Very enjoyable meeting. Julio: looks like you were sat pretty near me from that photo angle.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:18 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Crash.net wrote:
Giovanardi hits out after points loss

Fabrizio Giovanardi has hit out at former F1 racer Johnny Herbert after contact between the two in the final race of the weekend at Rockingham saw the defending champion lose ground in the battle for the HiQ MSA British Touring Car Championship title.

The VX Racing driver had finished ahead of points leader Colin Turkington in both race one and race two in Northamptonshire to close to within five points of the lead going into the final race of the weekend.

However, that final race saw Giovanardi suffer damage to his Vectra while battling for position with Herbert's Team Dynamics Honda and saw him drop down the order to finish outside the points in eleventh – losing the final points scoring position to Martin Johnson on the run to the line.

With Turkington surviving a coming together with Jason Plato to finish fourth, the Team RAC driver will now take a 13 point lead into the final three races of the season at Brands Hatch and Giovanardi was far from happy to have seen his weekend 'ruined' by the contact.

“I was clawing back the points in the first two races, and in the third it was looking good, but then Herbert ruined it all,” he said. “He's a guest driver, he's not involved in the championship, so I don't know why he had to smash into me, many times. After that, my car was completely destroyed.

“It is frustrating when it happens like that, but when you lose out like that, to unprofessional driving, it makes it all the more difficult.”

Giovanardi wasn't the innocent party in the shenanigans that hit the final race having earlier run into the rear of Mat Jackson's Racing Silverline Chevrolet. Giovanardi picked up a reprimand and two penalty points on his licence for the incident.

Facepalm at Gio's comments. I assume this interview was conducted before he watched the TV replays?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:47 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Any vid's from the mentioned incidents?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:05 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Yep

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:02 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Thanks. Sad to see Plato keeps on driving like he's in WTCC. Actually. The only difference between that part and the WTCC is that they don't actually crash and cause a safety car.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:48 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

How can Gio make a comment like that, when Herbert and Colin were side by side he simply drove into the side of Johnny so it was his fault. I was shouting at the TV when Plato hit Turkington, but without that move we wouldn't have had the 3-way battle with Gio, Colin and Herbert, so thanks to Platard.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:10 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

It was a little unnecessary for Herbert to run Gio out wide out of the corner before the chicane, but the chicane was all Gio's doing. Given that Gio's car was slower than Herbert's, and Gio has a championship to think about, he would have been much better letting Herbert and Turkington fight it out.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:59 pm 

I was at Rockingham on Sunday sat at the turn 1 grandstand where you can see the whole track except where the Giavanardi and Herbert incident took place. I had no idea it was that amazing!
Seeing that reminds me of the 1992 season final at Silverstone! Great stuff!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:57 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

drdougal wrote:
I was at Rockingham on Sunday sat at the turn 1 grandstand where you can see the whole track except where the Giavanardi and Herbert incident took place. I had no idea it was that amazing!
Seeing that reminds me of the 1992 season final at Silverstone! Great stuff!

Yeah, it's the same place Neal and a few others decided to have their crash at the start of a race when I was there in 2006, the one place that was out of view of the turn 1 Grandstand and of COURSE there was a crash there :p

I wish they'd finally have the balls to open grandstand halfway down the straight towards turn 3 though, that'd give much better views of the hairpin and the rest of the track. You can hardly see any of the grandstands on TV so sheparding us all in so it looks like a big crowd on TV isn't helping anything.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:17 pm 
Eddie Jordan

I was also sat in turn 1 for the races on Sunday (right at the top, best views and nice cooling breeze). The North and South stands have only ever been used for the CART races in 2001/2002. I don't think they have ever been used for anything else and theres never a crowd big enough to warrant them.

IMO, it was a waste of money building them.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:25 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Same here. I was sat right at the far end, closest to T2. I was the one with the purple hoodie and slightly wild blonde hair incase anyone was sat near me :p

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 309 posts ]  Go to page Previous 112 13 14 15 16 Next