TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:39 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 435 posts ]  Go to page Previous 118 19 20 21 22
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:16 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Thruxton and Silverstone are within an hour from me
Donington an Rockingham are around 1.5 hours
Oulton is about 2 hours
Brands is around 2.5 hours

highgroove wrote:
Everything is hours away from me, and Motorsports hates Wales, so the nearest track is pembrey :(

It is a shame Pembrey hasn't been on the BTCC bill for years as it is a great little track. The one time I went British F3 was there, it may have been slightly isolated but it was enoyable. I thought there was always a plan to renovate and extend Pembrey?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:20 pm 
2010 TBK-F1 prediction King

I never saw most of the incidents yesterday, so I didn't think Chilton & Shedden went off as heavily as they did. And what was Matt Neal thinking when he made that move on Collard? He would never have made that stick in a million years.

I think John George had a few too many happy pills yesterday morning, you could've stabbed him in the eye and he'd still be smiling :lol: .

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:35 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

kals wrote:
Thruxton and Silverstone are within an hour from me
Donington an Rockingham are around 1.5 hours
Oulton is about 2 hours
Brands is around 2.5 hours

highgroove wrote:
Everything is hours away from me, and Motorsports hates Wales, so the nearest track is pembrey :(

It is a shame Pembrey hasn't been on the BTCC bill for years as it is a great little track. The one time I went British F3 was there, it may have been slightly isolated but it was enoyable. I thought there was always a plan to renovate and extend Pembrey?

I'm not too sure, I havn't heard anything, I thought that was Anglesey they were planning on updating. Ah well at least I could always drive up north.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:29 pm 

I was at the complex on Sunday. Didn't realise the extent of some of the crashes until I checked on here! God bless mobile Internet lol.

Not sure if it's been mentioned but the circuit commentator said that one of the g50s actually went over the tyre wall at church and wasn't recovered for several hours! Driver was fine and started the subsequent races! I didn't catch who it was tho.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:31 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

One of the G50 drivers, I think the one in the yellow car that had the huge crash, broke a collarbone and fractured three vertebrae.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:50 pm 

Ads274 wrote:
I was at the complex on Sunday. Didn't realise the extent of some of the crashes until I checked on here! God bless mobile Internet lol.

Not sure if it's been mentioned but the circuit commentator said that one of the g50s actually went over the tyre wall at church and wasn't recovered for several hours! Driver was fine and started the subsequent races! I didn't catch who it was tho.

I forgot to say the crash I mentioned happened on the Saturday, it was told before racing commenced on Sunday. Although I just checked the report in autosport and there's no mention of it :?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:50 am 

Is there any footage of the G50 qualifying crash on Saturday. The car spun off at Church and went over the barrier, upside down. Only managed to get a picture of the clean up as the car could obviously not be seen from the complex. Luckily the driver was not injured, although he was done for the weekend. Horrible conditions anyway on Friday and Saturday.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:20 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

If its a Saturday, you'll be more than likely out of luck, as generally the cameras don't do a lot of filming on the Saturday - usually just the BTCC stuff and occasionally a race which happened I think once last year at the final meeting.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:57 pm 

No, there were no TV camera's taping at the moment. But I was hoping maybe some professional photographer was there.

There were quite a few offs and spins on Saturday because of the wet weather, both Village and Church saw quite some action. Luckily that was the biggest off.

Is it common that they have both Carrera races on Sunday? Last time I watched it on the telly they had a Porsche race on Saturday and both Clio races on Sunday. Now it was the other way around.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:13 pm 

The Porsche races are only going to be split Saturday/Sunday at two events this year. The Clios will be split at all events.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:25 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Reported over on DigitalSpy that the yellow G50 crash took out the camera in that location too, which is why Shedden's off in the BTCC was missed completely, and Chilton's was only caught from a distance.

kart99 wrote:
If its a Saturday, you'll be more than likely out of luck, as generally the cameras don't do a lot of filming on the Saturday - usually just the BTCC stuff and occasionally a race which happened I think once last year at the final meeting.

Last year only championship deciders were filmed on the Saturday, it's probably the same policy this year, but can wait and see if anything turns up on Motorsport UK.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:30 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Wow, didn't know it took out the camera as well 8O

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:09 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Is the 3rd BTCC race worth downloading? My recording went wrong so I missed it.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:26 pm 
Eddie Jordan

The Ginetta G50 driver that crashed in qualifying was Adam Morgan.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:23 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Schumifan wrote:
Is the 3rd BTCC race worth downloading? My recording went wrong so I missed it.

Wasn't a fantastic race. If you can find caps of just the incidents that'd probably do, there wasn't a great deal of battling to make it worth a full race download.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 435 posts ]  Go to page Previous 118 19 20 21 22