TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 11:00 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 397 posts ]  Go to page Previous 116 17 18 19 20 Next
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:53 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

James B wrote:
Plato drove a very unPlato-like classy race, to be fair

He has been the best driver so far this year. He deserves the championship lead

I've found Plato to be very un-Plato like this year to be honest; driving sensibly most of the time and collecting points consistently. Personally I want TOC to win the crown.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:45 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Just got back from the Hill. The Touring Cars were bonkers, the Porches did their usual of waiting till they come up to Scotland to produce crackers, The FRenaults provided some flips, but the Clios were boring. Overall, a cracking day, though.

And the marshals weren't that drunk. You should have heard the laughter when they did that to Collards car and got the tow truck stuck, it was hilarious.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:03 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Just back, very decent weather makes a big occasion like that at Knockhill much more pleasant. :p It was nice to see Shaun Hollamby get so much support from the crowd, seems they appreciated what he was up against in a scratch built car against all the works and ex-works cars and he got a huge cheer when he passed Smith at the hairpin in the third race. The touring car races were all excellent and the porkers actually did put on a good show. It was a top day even though it took an age to get out the car park at the end.

Plato was on form at the interview thing he did at the hospitality tent, he utterly laid into the Ford team and especially Tom Chilton - "I've not even got a millimetre of respect for him, he's not a real racing driver like Onslow Cole. And the way they run that team is a complete joke getting the other Tom to pull out of the way so that Daddy's boy can win. When Onslow-Cole is on the podium none of the team even bother to show up in front of it, they just follow Chilton around like sheep." It went on for about 5 minutes, lol.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:07 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

You know thats interesting you bring up that point about the car park. I had different experience. For the first time at a BTCC event, I manged to get out of the car park within half an hour of getting back to the car.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:15 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I think the key is to get running to your car as soon as the final race finishes. I did that at the British GP and must have been the first person out of the campsite onto a totally clear road! (My friend left 15 minutes after me and was queueing for 2 hours)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:22 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

One of the other rather funny bits today, was a that a marshal at the Chicane kept singing I've got a feeling by the B.E.P, and tried to get everyone to join in, so someone rather politely 'txt'd the tower' and told him to shut up

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:28 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:02 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

hedgey666 wrote:
Plato was on form at the interview thing he did at the hospitality tent, he utterly laid into the Ford team and especially Tom Chilton - "I've not even got a millimetre of respect for him, he's not a real racing driver like Onslow Cole. And the way they run that team is a complete joke getting the other Tom to pull out of the way so that Daddy's boy can win. When Onslow-Cole is on the podium none of the team even bother to show up in front of it, they just follow Chilton around like sheep." It went on for about 5 minutes, lol.

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:19 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

De Cesaris fan wrote:
I think the key is to get running to your car as soon as the final race finishes. I did that at the British GP and must have been the first person out of the campsite onto a totally clear road! (My friend left 15 minutes after me and was queueing for 2 hours)

Or accidentally park in the marshalls/media/teams etc car park, somehow without anyone noticing, like we did at Thruxton. Got out in about 5 minutes :p

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:38 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

phil1993 wrote:
hedgey666 wrote:

:lol:

He was also rocking the Top Gun look.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:46 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Did you get to talk to him directly or was that it? In all honesty though I kind of agree with what he's saying about Chilton.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:16 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

phil1993 wrote:
Did you get to talk to him directly or was that it? In all honesty though I kind of agree with what he's saying about Chilton.

There was supposed to be a meet and greet thing but the interview didn't happen between the 2nd and 3rd races as it was supposed to as he got called to the stewards when Airwaves protested his move on Jackson at the hairpin. He came down after the third race but could only stay for about ten minutes as he had to get to Edinburgh to catch a plane apparently. I'll give him props for showing up at all, he could have just not bothered and left after the third race.

The general consensus afterwards was that everything he said was basically correct, he just said it all in a kind of asshole way. :P

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:48 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

hedgey666 wrote:
There was supposed to be a meet and greet thing but the interview didn't happen between the 2nd and 3rd races as it was supposed to as he got called to the stewards when Airwaves protested his move on Jackson at the hairpin. He came down after the third race but could only stay for about ten minutes as he had to get to Edinburgh to catch a plane apparently. I'll give him props for showing up at all, he could have just not bothered and left after the third race.

Think it was his move on Kane wasn't it? Did the stewards take no action? A penalty for Plato would nicely tighten up the championship...

Given BTCC history in these matters, I'd imagine they'd let it go cos Kane didn't actually crash/spin, even though he was just shoved out the way.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:51 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

gd49 wrote:
Given BTCC history in these matters, I'd imagine they'd let it go cos it was Jason Plato.

tbh.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:54 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

True, with the BTCC being right behind him, ITV 6 foot up his arse and the best car (well, seeing as any car better than his MUZZZT BE SLOWED DOWN - German accent much more effective - ) it'd be pretty funny if Plato didn't win the title.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:32 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Well TOC has no chance because Aon are up the lil daddies boys arse. Shedds would probably mess up like he did in race 3 so it'll have to be Neal and some round these parts don't like him...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:37 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

True, I feel that Onslow-Cole is in the "Irvine situation" as I call it - the team don't want him to win. I think though if we come to Brands Hatch and TOC is in contention and TC isn't, Chilton will support him. Anyway, what with Simon Gillet blowing up Donington Park (well, it did look like Passchendale at one point), I assume the race is set to go ahead as planned.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:40 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

There was a Grand Prix Masters race weekend held on the track and I havent heard anything about it not being able to run, so I would assume that the tracks up to scratch to run a BTCC meeting.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:42 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Haven't they moved the chicane back a few metres though?

Plus when I went to Donny Park, I went on that simulator that had the "F1 2010" track and was set to get on to the leaderboard when I dropped it on the last corner :p

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:44 pm 
German Touring Car Series #1 Fan
German Touring Car Series #1 Fan

phil1993 wrote:
Haven't they moved the chicane back a few metres though?

Yes. It's roughly back where it used to be, I believe. Apparently the FIA never liked them having the chicane at Goddard because you've got tarmac leading onto a straight coming the other way, which wasn't particularly safe when using the GP circuit

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 397 posts ]  Go to page Previous 116 17 18 19 20 Next