TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:05 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 363 posts ]  Go to page Previous 115 16 17 18 19
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:45 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yeaa, who knows maybe next season he'll do much better. It's not as if he's past it, he's the same age as Gio and Plato after all.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:23 pm 
2010 TBK-F1 prediction King
2010 TBK-F1 prediction King

I think the main problem is that he hasn't driven a car that suits him that well for a couple of seasons. Since the end of 2006 he's only won two races.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:52 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

JB-F1 wrote:
More on Neate's crash. Seems that he clipped Sharpe's car (which according to Adam had a gearbox problem all weekend) or spun in avoidance, hit the outside barrier which knocked him out initially, spun back across into the pit wall and got hit hard in the passenger side by the works Ginetta of Richard Dean. The car looks a complete mess although that is after they cut him out. Apparently he's in a serious but stable condition

Well Sky usually show Britcar races on their World Motorsport programme so they probably had their own camera crew at the track, though judging by the severity of the accident from the reports, I'm not sure I want to see it..... :oops:

I hope Neate is OK like everyone else, a terrible thing to happen on the first lap of a 24 hour race. A bit naughty of the circuit commentators to not let on of the severity of his condition but they would probably argue they were being professional and they had a 24 hour race to cover and his condition wasn't immediately obvious to be life threatening... :oops:

On to BTCC issues, Plato's record suggests something I was fearing going into 2009. Bearing in mind the team didn't get a full handle on the diesel and it's straight line advantage until the early-mid part of the season after the first major test, I was worried that given an off season to work out the reliability gremlins they would easily walk the 2009 championship. This is why I find it a bit puzzling they pulled out in the first place but I guess fighting in Europe is better for the company overall that being BTCC champions...:(

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 363 posts ]  Go to page Previous 115 16 17 18 19