TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:03 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 438 posts ]  Go to page Previous 118 19 20 21 22
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:24 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Erebus has confirmed that Todd Hazelwood will be replacing him for round 1. They claim that he is still on the team though, presumably they haven't formalised his exit with the lawyers.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:41 am 
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner

Juihi wrote:
Philthy82 wrote:
Barry must have some serious dirt on Betty for her not to have shitcanned him by now. Imagine sticking with your tourettes bully of a team boss over the driver that won you the championship.

I heard that Barry owns half the team, if true, would explain why he's still around

Turnover in that team is ridiculous

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:20 pm 
2010 TBK-F1 prediction King
2010 TBK-F1 prediction King

Erebus have lost Shaw & Partners too.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:54 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

pimmy wrote:

Article says they might be losing Coca Cola too

What the fuck is going on

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:38 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

What an utter mess. Trying to devalue the team and take over entirely?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:24 am 

Surely it can't be all Barry?

Perhaps someone found something from the past, I dunno

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:25 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Geezez, what a self implosion :o :o :o

3x TBKL rFactor Hillclimb champion

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 4:19 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Coco-cola confirms exit from Erebus

https://speedcafe.com/coca-cola-confirms-erebus-split/

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 4:25 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

peterohanrahanrahan wrote:
pimmy wrote:

Article says they might be losing Coca Cola too

What the fuck is going on

They've lost Coca-Cola (who've said they'll stay in the sport but not with Erebus) and another major sponsor, who said the following in a statement

Quote:
“People are making commercial decisions because we're fully aware that there's a lot more to the story, and if things do come out, they are potentially damaging to other people's brands.”

Scott McLaughlin said this on Twitter

Quote:
"The sport should be ashamed. They know the full story and as per usual side step around everything and don't say anything hoping the storm will settle like they always have. No protection for drivers ever."

Boost has also withdrawn it's naming right sponsorship on the Gold Coast 500 over this issue (Adderton was a big supporter of Brodie's and is financing some of his NASCAR stuff later this year).

There's something seriously afoot, not only at Erebus but the sport in general.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 4:50 am 
There are number of people who complain about certain drivers.
There are number of people who complain about certain drivers.

Poo has hit the fan and I have a feeling some heads will actually roll over this mess if Boost Mobile also seems upset. It's no longer an internal Erebus matter :o

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:38 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

So after some digging, asking a few people in the sport, here's what I believe has happened (all unfounded, word of mouth, but better rumour mongering than a facebook comment section).

Betty Klimenko fired Kostecki during the off season (I was told it wasn't Barry Ryan, but he still could have been involved in some way). The wording I was given was "biblical falling out".
They've tried to make up with him and re-hired him or reneged on sacking him.
He's realised that he doesn't want to be part of the toxic environment, having been stepped all over, so he's trying to walk. Erebus are trying to hold him to a contract he was essentially fired from.
Erebus have treated him like garbage, but Supercars have not shown any real support to Kostecki, hence a lot of people outside the sport (McLaughlin, SVG et al) have commented about his treatment.

This apparently also happened to SVG when Stone Brothers turned into Erebus.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 4:40 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

as I've said in other places, you know damn well Supercars is looking at this with joy knowing damn well they want another 2 cars off the grid so they can ruin their international marketing campaigns with another non-broadcast overseas race alongside Formula 1 in fucking Qatar

I hope Brodie can get a ride where he's properly respected, where ever that may be.

hopefully Perth Motorplex & 7 can continue this trek on trying to increase the spotlight of Sprint Car racing over there as well, because it's 100% clear that CAMS & RACE/Supercars continues to want to riddle away at what they have. Like come on bro, ARG or SRO Australia ain't gonna be competing with y'all for shit. You have the greatest circuit race in the region & frankly one of the greatest in the world. GT3, TCR or TA2 ain't ever gonna dethrone that (nor does it want to).

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:07 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

So after some digging, asking a few people in the sport, here's what I believe has happened (all unfounded, word of mouth, but better rumour mongering than a facebook comment section).

Betty Klimenko fired Kostecki during the off season (I was told it wasn't Barry Ryan, but he still could have been involved in some way). The wording I was given was "biblical falling out".
They've tried to make up with him and re-hired him or reneged on sacking him.
He's realised that he doesn't want to be part of the toxic environment, having been stepped all over, so he's trying to walk. Erebus are trying to hold him to a contract he was essentially fired from.
Erebus have treated him like garbage, but Supercars have not shown any real support to Kostecki, hence a lot of people outside the sport (McLaughlin, SVG et al) have commented about his treatment.

This apparently also happened to SVG when Stone Brothers turned into Erebus.

That feels both surprisingly underwhelming and also realistic. But I don't get why both their major sponsors would jump ship over this, unless they want to follow Brodie wherever he ends up. Driver contract disputes rarely bleed into sponsorship termination unless the sponsor's relationship is with the driver or there's serious misconduct (like the kind that sponsors wouldn't want to be publicly associated with) involved.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:54 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Yea, it's that last part of your post that makes me think there's more going on here

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:23 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Philthy82 wrote:
But I don't get why both their major sponsors would jump ship over this, unless they want to follow Brodie wherever he ends up. Driver contract disputes rarely bleed into sponsorship termination unless the sponsor's relationship is with the driver or there's serious misconduct (like the kind that sponsors wouldn't want to be publicly associated with) involved.

There actually is a simple explanation to this one - the commercial manager of Erebus is also, apparently, Brodie's manager. Brodie left, thus his agent left and took all the commercial agreements (sponsors) with him.

Roland Dane, who I've never really resonated with, had this to say

Roland Dane, via Speedcafe wrote:
This is not an issue of mental health, as alluded to by Supercars, at least not on the part of Brodie. This is a case of what appears to be a toxic workplace. Other teams and Supercars have seen evidence of this in the past. For instance, some 18 months ago an email (addressed to pretty much everyone involved in Gen3 development) emanated from the team in question that was so venomous that the CEO of Supercars was obliged to step in and attempt to smooth the waters. But long-term damage was done. That's just one example. There are others.

Erebus have chewed up and spat out several high profile, successful drivers, SVG, David Reynolds, Will Davison, Anton De Pasquale, so it's no surprise it's all come to this.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:03 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

the commercial manager of Erebus is also, apparently, Brodie's manager. Brodie left, thus his agent left and took all the commercial agreements (sponsors) with him.

If Betty/Barry fired Brodie with that factor present, that is a whole new level of shooting yourself in the foot. Still seems like either the sponsors were committed for 24 but have pretty solid evidence of contract-breaking behaviour on Erebus's side, or Erebus are terrible at commercial contracts.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:30 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Philthy82 wrote:
the commercial manager of Erebus is also, apparently, Brodie's manager. Brodie left, thus his agent left and took all the commercial agreements (sponsors) with him.

If Betty/Barry fired Brodie with that factor present, that is a whole new level of shooting yourself in the foot. Still seems like either the sponsors were committed for 24 but have pretty solid evidence of contract-breaking behaviour on Erebus's side, or Erebus are terrible at commercial contracts.

According to BRW, Betty as of last year has a net worth of about $2.7bn (she shares with her half sister), so she obviously can handle a bit of time without financial input from major backers. She's worth more than the sport.

Heading back into the world of rumours, there is word he could get a wildcard seat at Triple 8 at some stage.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:16 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

They won the championship. They should expect to pay the driver more. Or ask the sponsor for more money. Or whatever it takes to keep the success going.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 438 posts ]  Go to page Previous 118 19 20 21 22