TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:50 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:53 pm 
2010 TBK-F1 prediction King

codename_47 wrote:
As for Neate, what more needs to be said? He can cause blatent incidents, swear and threaten officials, crash everyone else off in sight and still is invited back for a warm welcome
His pockets must run DEEP. IE Deep enough to have everyone in the entire circuit on the payroll
Won't be long before he's paying people to post positive stuff about him and slander his rivals online either, like the IRL used to do.
Can't wait to see his facebook post explaining THIS meeting. :whistling:

To paraphrase James Hunt: "Neate really is completely out of order, he really shouldn't be allowed to drive in British Touring Cars. He's got a mental age of 10 in the first place, and that was an absolutely disgraceful bit of driving for a driver of his experience...the authorities have to crack down on driving like that...he should certainly receive a short suspension, and for being himself, he should receive a permanent suspension."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:01 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

pimmy wrote:
codename_47 wrote:
As for Neate, what more needs to be said? He can cause blatent incidents, swear and threaten officials, crash everyone else off in sight and still is invited back for a warm welcome
His pockets must run DEEP. IE Deep enough to have everyone in the entire circuit on the payroll
Won't be long before he's paying people to post positive stuff about him and slander his rivals online either, like the IRL used to do.
Can't wait to see his facebook post explaining THIS meeting. :whistling:

To paraphrase James Hunt: "Neate really is completely out of order, he really shouldn't be allowed to drive in British Touring Cars. He's got a mental age of 10 in the first place, and that was an absolutely disgraceful bit of driving for a driver of his experience...the authorities have to crack down on driving like that...he should certainly receive a short suspension, and for being himself, he should receive a permanent suspension."

And to paraphrase Murray, "to put it very very MILDLY indeed, letting Neate back out onto track again would be absolutely SUICIDALLY DANGEROUS!. What a FOOL driving the Ford, a RAVING LUNATIC!"

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:03 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

the ost wrote:
Someone was putting up hour-long highlights of each round on YT, which I was enjoying. Looks like they're gone now :(

This was probably the edited Highlights that get shown on the main ITV channel at some ungodly hour

Of course, ITV can be quite officious about BTCC footage online considering they're not uploading anything but 2 minute highlights to youtube themselves.
They seem to be on a mission to try and ensure little if any BTCC footage is available on the internet :roll:

Twitter:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:04 am 

ITV is awful. I don't know why people are happy about the 5 year extension. The type of coverage they provide might have been acceptable in 2004 when Motors TV were doing it but the world has moved on and ITV hasn't. They treat the supporting series like dirt.

For example: Why can I, a person living in the UK, freely and legally watch every round of the German, Italian, Japanese & South East Asian F4 championships but not my own domestic series? It's no wonder the series struggles for entries really, is it?

The coverage that gets uploaded to watch on demand also omits any footage of a race before a red flag (last weekend's Minis for example), basically screwing the viewer out of being able to see the very thing they've logged on to see.

And the qualifying stream still doesn't have a decent picture quality. In 2020.

Just stick it all on Youtube or give the rights back to the BBC, even if it means it'll be on iPlayer like Formula E.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:21 am 

Sutton's been put back to third in the race 3 result.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:46 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Motors TV treated the supports better. They came onair for the first support race, not the first BTCC race, waffling on about random bollocks while a support race is running in the background.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:57 pm 
Your Stream Sucks
Your Stream Sucks

The brilliant battle at the end of Race 3 was just epic and amazing:

https://dai.ly/x7wifc6 :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :metal:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:12 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Gaara wrote:
Motors TV treated the supports better. They came onair for the first support race, not the first BTCC race, waffling on about random bollocks while a support race is running in the background.

The trouble ITV have is the usually long Lunch hour, so they like to film the supports in the morning, come on for the first BTCC race and then show edited highlights of the supports during the lunch

Why they've failed to realise there is racing on a SATURDAY after BTCC qualifying (and their cameras are obviously already there and set up...) they could use to fill the lunch break is a mystery
Well, it isn't, we know why... :whistling:

Twitter:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:45 pm 
German Touring Car Series #1 Fan
German Touring Car Series #1 Fan

It's worth bearing in mind that Motors TV could do that because they were Motors TV - a channel dedicated to cars and racing (which doesn't exist any more). ITV4 (or 2) isn't. It's a different audience and it has different expectations, both in terms of the coverage and the overall scheduling

Not to be a bootlicker here but I think we're lucky they show as much as they do. They can't be getting many viewers for the support series - I'm a racing fan and I switch off for them these days. That being said, I think they could stream more. They have the capability to do it

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:57 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

It's their singular failing to do anything with the BTCC on social media/youtube that is where they're lacking in 2020

During lockdown, when even F1 was live streaming old races on Youtube, what were the BTCC doing?

Shoving it on their random old website away from prying eyes

The Web presence is where the BTCC truly is lacking these days, and it's because ITV want it on their channel exclusively.

Twitter:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:36 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

wow a lot of great racing in this round. glad butcher wasnt hurt, was expecting him to get hit by oncoming traffic with how fast it all unfolded

crazy weekend for motorbase, won a race with jackson, butcher with the big wreck and neate being the usual shithead. great points gain for cammish, there's only a few rounds left but i feel like he could still be an underdog if the top 2 have any more off races