PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:06 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Morgan wins!!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:47 pm 
2010 TBK-F1 prediction King

codename_47 wrote:
It's still fucking ridiculous BTCC chose this weekend to race against F1, British GT, WTCC and every other fucking thing that's racing instead of the pretty much barren weekend off last week.

Been building up to that rant for 3 weeks

That said, race 1 is about to begin :whistling:

And when are you going to realise that the BTCC releases its calendar months before other series? The clashes are everyone else's fault. But these are wasted words since you've proven time and again that you have an absolute inability to pay attention to anything.

I needed two heads to follow the action at Donington yesterday, there was so much going on! BTCC races 2 & 3 were very good, as were the Clios & Juniors.

Dr. Palmer isn't going to be happy about the state of his grass as it was being torn up by everyone, even to the point that it destroyed the front of a Ginetta. They had to send a roller out during the lunch break to fix it.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 1:01 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Why do they have to release their calendar that early though? Regardless of the logistics, Codename's point that this many calendar and start time clashes is bad for BTCC is valid.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 2:08 am 

Philthy82 wrote:
Why do they have to release their calendar that early though? Regardless of the logistics, Codename's point that this many calendar and start time clashes is bad for BTCC is valid.

Because the series finalises deals with the circuits that early. So, because it can, really. It isn't like other series where the calendars are sometimes only confirmed a couple of weeks before the season starts, or even after it has started.

BTCC clashing with BGT & WTCC isn't an issue at all. I'd say it's highly likely that it receives higher attendance & UK viewing figures than both series combined.

And I don't know why people continuously make a fuss about a domestic touring car series racing on the same weekend as an international single seater series. The two have nothing to do with one another and the former is always more interesting to watch.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 2:57 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Despite the attitude, I'll bite

It's more the clash with F1 that I find frustrating, you can't tell me the ITV4 viewing figures didn't dip halfway through the porsche race when Baku started and didn't come back until it ended, missing BTCC race 2 in the process (ironically, one of the better races of the day)

As for British GT, it may be a blip, TV viewing figures wise but surely its attendance figures could do without racing 30 miles down the road from the nation's most popular motorsport at the same time.
If they'd raced next weekend or the weekend before, some ardant motorsport fans would do both and not have to choose.
(Some of the racing teams that run in both series or in both ladder series were a bit frustrated about it too, from what I heard)

This year is probably worse than most, they probably all started with the World cup month and worked backwards and forwards from there, leading to all cramming into the same weekends and the other weekends with relatively little action

But hey, its just another instance of motorsport thinking that their series is its own little bubble instead of taking a step back and working out what would be best for the fans, this is nothing new.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 10:19 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

codename_47 wrote:
Despite the attitude, I'll bite

It's more the clash with F1 that I find frustrating, you can't tell me the ITV4 viewing figures didn't dip halfway through the porsche race when Baku started and didn't come back until it ended, missing BTCC race 2 in the process (ironically, one of the better races of the day)

As for British GT, it may be a blip, TV viewing figures wise but surely its attendance figures could do without racing 30 miles down the road from the nation's most popular motorsport at the same time.
If they'd raced next weekend or the weekend before, some ardant motorsport fans would do both and not have to choose.
(Some of the racing teams that run in both series or in both ladder series were a bit frustrated about it too, from what I heard)

This year is probably worse than most, they probably all started with the World cup month and worked backwards and forwards from there, leading to all cramming into the same weekends and the other weekends with relatively little action

But hey, its just another instance of motorsport thinking that their series is its own little bubble instead of taking a step back and working out what would be best for the fans, this is nothing new.
I think sometimes you need to look outside the motorsport world as well - quite often it's clear BTCC has ended up on the weekends it does to avoid clashing with other ITV4 sports, when it has clashed in the past it's always BTCC that gets pushed to the website.

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk