TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sun Jun 09, 2024 10:42 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 374 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 519 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:50 pm 
jdh wrote:
Lasek99 wrote:
Is GP2 going back to Eurosport next year? I can't fucking stand the ITV announcers.

I would think whatever happens David Croft will either be doing the F1 on BBC or not doing live motorsport commentating anywhere (assuming ITV loses GP2 that is).

Croft is rumoured to be 1 of the candidates for the TV commentary alongside Jonathan Legard and Ben Edwards, and I should think if he doesn't get it will be back on the radio

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:51 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

RtN wrote:
This is from the Autosport\Atlas forums-

D.M.N. on page 3 wrote:
ITV are definitely losing it (I believe GP2 is attached to the F1 contract), although BBC could sell the rights to anyone. There is a strong rumour that GP2 Qualifying could be streamed live on the GP2 website.

From this thread.

That would be fuckin' awesome

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:54 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

jdh wrote:
JJ wrote:
Too bad we don't get coverage over here :(

If you're talking about BTCC you'll be able to watch the stream on justin.tv

I think I won't be at home, it's my grandparents birthday

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:01 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

jdh wrote:

I would think whatever happens David Croft will either be doing the F1 on BBC or not doing live motorsport commentating anywhere (assuming ITV loses GP2 that is).

What about radio 5Live? They'll need someone for that

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:01 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Looking forward to this one. Hopefully Seat won't dominate but at the same time it would be nice to see the title go down to the wire.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:17 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Whofan wrote:
jdh wrote:

What about radio 5Live? They'll need someone for that

When I said F1 on the BBC I was including 5Live in that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:45 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Looking forward to the races at Silverstone. Dont think we will see the title go down to the wire though, as I reckon Gio will clinch it this weekend, but hey.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:53 pm 
Admin - Shareholder
Admin - Shareholder

Damn too bad there is a clach with the Formula Superleague at Donington. Dunno what series I will watch on TV.

I really want to see the 1st racing weekend of the Superleague Formula but BTCC is always exciting... Difficult choice. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:04 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Toto87 wrote:
Damn too bad there is a clach with the Formula Superleague at Donington. Dunno what series I will watch on TV.

I really want to see the 1st racing weekend of the Superleague Formula but BTCC is always exciting... Difficult choice. ;)

Happy to see you here guy :thumbsup:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:45 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Toto87 wrote:

Would be cool if you could record the Superleague as doubt many people here will be able to recieve it. Think the 1st Superleague race is before BTCC coverage starts, not sure what the 2nd race will clash with.

Last edited by gd49 on Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:01 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

First post updated with all the weekend info.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:18 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

jdh wrote:
RtN wrote:
With F1 and possibly GP2 gone, ITV are in a position to do something quite special with the BTCC next year.

I hadn't even thought of that, but it is a good point. Maybe BTCC can move to ITV1 on a permanent basis like it was a while back.

I don't really understand the logic here...GP2 ran on F1 weekend and since 2004 I think it is they've never clashed so GP2 dissapearing isn't going to effect BTCC coverage...

Though if ITV start shedding all motorsport now they've lost the F1, who knows if we'll ever get as good coverage again...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:22 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

codename_47 wrote:
jdh wrote:
RtN wrote:
With F1 and possibly GP2 gone, ITV are in a position to do something quite special with the BTCC next year.

I hadn't even thought of that, but it is a good point. Maybe BTCC can move to ITV1 on a permanent basis like it was a while back.

I don't really understand the logic here...GP2 ran on F1 weekend and since 2004 I think it is they've never clashed so GP2 dissapearing isn't going to effect BTCC coverage...

Logic being they would put effort into it as it would be the only motorsport series on the channel. Maybe not the best logic knowing ITV though. :p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:40 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

jdh wrote:
codename_47 wrote:
jdh wrote:
RtN wrote:

Logic being they would put effort into it as it would be the only motorsport series on the channel. Maybe not the best logic knowing ITV though. :p

They gave up the F1 in favour of getting more football so I'd expect them to focus on that from next year and drop off all the motor racing shows.

Sad to say it but I think the BTCC had better look for a new home. :(
(Although the BTCC contract runs until the end of 2009 IIRC...lets hope there isn't any get-out clauses!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:16 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I've read elsewhere that BTCC might be paying to be on ITV, in which case there's a good chance it'll stay as it's making ITV money. I not sure it'll ever get back to being on ITV1, but as the digital switchover continues, being on ITV4 will be less and less of a problem, and at the mo ITV is definately positioning ITV4 as its sport channel.

More concerning is that we know James Allen is definately out of a job next year, and Ben Edwards might be working for the BBC....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:20 pm 
gd49 wrote:
More concerning is that we know James Allen is definately out of a job next year, and Ben Edwards might be working for the BBC....

Actually I think JA doing the commentary would be hilarious. And we wouldn't have to worry about him being biased

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:23 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

What about John Hindhaugh? He's stepped in for Ben Edwards at a couple of rounds this season and done a good job.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:17 pm 
Let's face it, if JA is definitely not going to the BBC, which is likely after the "insider" posted the info over at DigitalSpy, ITV will probably have to give him something to do because he's likely to still be under contract with them

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:21 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Gah! Couldn't stand to have that drivelling retard commentating BTCC :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:26 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Would be awful.

James has worked in F1 for so long that maybe (and hopefully) he decides if he can't have F1 he might as well have nothing.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 374 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 519 Next