TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:22 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 611 posts ]  Go to page Previous 127 28 29 30 31 Next
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:57 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

kals wrote:
Yes because someone protecting the leader of the race, including aggressive moves on his own teammate is exactly the same as a few other riders making sure not to hinder a title contender (which is standard in many forms of racing and has been for decades...).

And as for the kick rhetoric, you've yet to provide any facts for us to discuss. When you do, we'll listen.
One thing is that Marquez didn't take any clear chance (because if he falls off Jorge, then he had messed it up), he needed a super-clear chance: he hadn't (although I believe a try at least was possible). The movement on Pedrosa wasn't as risky as you're seeming to think, it was classic Marc, a came-back down the inside. I don't really understand your point here because you criticise Marc because of not trying it and then you come with 'not to hinder a title contender'. Letting through manouvres were a farce, at least you have to be there, and not stepping aside, if you're quicker then he'll pass you, but the manouvres were more of a gift: 'pass and don't lose time'. That following declarations of (e. g.) Iannone are evidence (at least for me) that the recovery wasn't as fair as it might be.

Anyway, Rossi starting 3rd or 4th he might have finished 4th because his pace was way back the podium finishers (with no traffic I mean, of course).

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:01 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

i don't know if you've seen this

be quick cause it will be removed soon.

Vale to Ezpeleta "what did i say to you Carmelo? What did i say to you on thursday?"
a third voice "Carmelo, this can't be tolerated"
Vale to Ezpeleta. "So disgusting. Come to my motorhome we'll talk about it later"

it's amazing how Ezpeleta, the boss of motogp is embrassed and completely humiliated by rossi. It's absolutely clear even to him that what happened is totally wrong and a shame to the sport.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:37 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

2UncleanerLake53 wrote:
[quote="kals"]Yes because someone protecting the leader of the race, including aggressive moves on his own teammate is exactly the same as a few other riders making sure not to hinder a title contender (which is standard in many forms of racing and has been for decades...).

And as for the kick rhetoric, you've yet to provide any facts for us to discuss. When you do, we'll listen.
One thing is that Marquez didn't take any clear chance (because if he falls off Jorge, then he had messed it up), he needed a super-clear chance: he hadn't (although I believe a try at least was possible). The movement on Pedrosa wasn't as risky as you're seeming to think, it was classic Marc, a came-back down the inside. I don't really understand your point here because you criticise Marc because of not trying it and then you come with 'not to hinder a title contender'. Letting through manouvres were a farce, at least you have to be there, and not stepping aside, if you're quicker then he'll pass you, but the manouvres were more of a gift: 'pass and don't lose time'. That following declarations of (e. g.) Iannone are evidence (at least for me) that the recovery wasn't as fair as it might be.

Anyway, Rossi starting 3rd or 4th he might have finished 4th because his pace was way back the podium finishers (with no traffic I mean, of course).[/quote]

Let's dissect this:

1 - Had Marquez taken any chance then it is likely that Jorge would have jumped out of the way to avoid an accident and lose the title. Marquez never took any chance even though he was far faster out of a few turns lap after lap.
2 - The undercut on Pedrosa was ok, but pushing him wide mid-corner to exit was excessively aggressive. It wasn't a standard overtake but something more than normal.
3 - Like you I saw all the moves Vale made on other people. The people he's multiple seconds per lap quicker than. That should tell you enough. Most of the time in normal circumstances those same riders don't fight with Rossi or the other front runners. Today was no different. An example of what disproves your point is Bradley Smith and how many laps it took Vale to get past him.
4 - Agree with you that with all things considered Rossi may have finished fourth had he qualifies normally. But we won't know because he wasn't allowed to. All we know was that once he got to fourth he couldn't match the pace because he'd most likely used the best of his tyres while coming through the field. Add the fact he was never going to catch up 10 seconds to Pedrosa either.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:51 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

kals wrote:
2UncleanerLake53 wrote:

Anyway, Rossi starting 3rd or 4th he might have finished 4th because his pace was way back the podium finishers (with no traffic I mean, of course).

Let's dissect this:

1 - Had Marquez taken any chance then it is likely that Jorge would have jumped out of the way to avoid an accident and lose the title. Marquez never took any chance even though he was far faster out of a few turns lap after lap.
2 - The undercut on Pedrosa was ok, but pushing him wide mid-corner to exit was excessively aggressive. It wasn't a standard overtake but something more than normal.
3 - Like you I saw all the moves Vale made on other people. The people he's multiple seconds per lap quicker than. That should tell you enough. Most of the time in normal circumstances those same riders don't fight with Rossi or the other front runners. Today was no different. An example of what disproves your point is Bradley Smith and how many laps it took Vale to get past him.
4 - Agree with you that with all things considered Rossi may have finished fourth had he qualifies normally. But we won't know because he wasn't allowed to. All we know was that once he got to fourth he couldn't match the pace because he'd most likely used the best of his tyres while coming through the field. Add the fact he was never going to catch up 10 seconds to Pedrosa either.
1 - I understand that you wanted Rossi to win, but was Marquez, after Rossi's declarations in Phillip Island and Sepang, going to give Rossi the title? Rossi with his mind games lost the title.
2 - The manouevre on Pedrosa was fair, a little bit too risky, but classic Marc, if instead of Pedrosa is Smith it would be the same.
3 - Yep, but leaving the red carpet to Rossi after publicly supporting him is not fair, is it? It's like Marquez and Lorenzo (but with public declarations).
4 - The pace gap was too big IMO, tyre degradation is not as big as that. Anyway, we won't never know that so hypothetical situations shouldn't be our concern.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:06 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

It was Marquez's approach through Turn 5/6 which has made me suspicious. He carried a lot of speed through 5 yet every lap didn't try and force a move at 6, despite having a big opportunity. Had he been a second or so behind, it'd have been fine, but the opportunity was there and he never tried it. This is Marquez we're talking about, who usually tries a move even if the door is only half open.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:24 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

2UncleanerLake53 wrote:
kals wrote:
2UncleanerLake53 wrote:

Let's dissect this:

1 - I understand that you wanted Rossi to win, but was Marquez, after Rossi's declarations in Phillip Island and Sepang, going to give Rossi the title? Rossi with his mind games lost the title.
2 - The manouevre on Pedrosa was fair, a little bit too risky, but classic Marc, if instead of Pedrosa is Smith it would be the same.
3 - Yep, but leaving the red carpet to Rossi after publicly supporting him is not fair, is it? It's like Marquez and Lorenzo (but with public declarations).
4 - The pace gap was too big IMO, tyre degradation is not as big as that. Anyway, we won't never know that so hypothetical situations shouldn't be our concern.

Please don't assume you know what I want, but I get your point(s). Mind games is normal in sport whereas the behaviour demononstrated by Marquez is not. While you say that Marquez didn't want to try a move on Lorenzo because of the impact it may have had on Lorenzo and the Championship, let's remember what Marquez did (and the number of times he did it) in Malaysia. Marquez had not one clear chance today but somehow managed to get multiple on Vale on Malaysia. Like you say, and we agree, Marquez didn't want to help Rossi after the mind games and decided to provide assistance to Lorenzo.

What I wanted to see was a good fair fight for the title, regardless of the outcome. This didn't happen.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:51 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

kals wrote:
Please don't assume you know what I want, but I get your point(s). Mind games is normal in sport whereas the behaviour demononstrated by Marquez is not. While you say that Marquez didn't want to try a move on Lorenzo because of the impact it may have had on Lorenzo and the Championship, let's remember what Marquez did (and the number of times he did it) in Malaysia. Marquez had not one clear chance today but somehow managed to get multiple on Vale on Malaysia. Like you say, and we agree, Marquez didn't want to help Rossi after the mind games and decided to provide assistance to Lorenzo.

What I wanted to see was a good fair fight for the title, regardless of the outcome. This didn't happen.
Marquez's behaviour is completely normal bearing in mind what Rossi said after Australia. After that words and (IMO) the kick it's understandable. He's not friend of Lorenzo, but against Rossi (at least now). The championship battle was not clean because of Valentino Rossi, who added thrash to the rivalry and prevented us from one of the greatest possible battles. Without the punishment due to unfairness and the words, the championship decider would have become great.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:15 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Lol. I saw the race and the commentators made a huge deal out of it and nothing happened. Pedrosa was atleast professional. Are any of them from Basque country?

Rossi wasn't smart with his comments, likely, and i still think what happened in Malaysia was Marquez own fault. It wasn't professional, but at some (childish) level understandable. Hopefully Honda will have a daddy talk with him.

Lorenzo deserves the title as much as Rossi. The way he won it.....i wouldn't be very proud of it.

The biggest problem was the penalty for Rossi. The footage from above clearly shows it was Marquez who just drove into Rossi. If Marquez was allowed to drive as slow as he wants. Then Rossie can drive his iwn damn lines.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:02 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Fuck Marquez. He has lost a lot of fans.

Lorenzo was the fastest man this year so can't be bitter about the championship. Doesn't change the fact he comes across as a massive twat every time he opens his mouth.

Well done Dani Pedrosa and Rossi for trying to make the race interesting!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:23 pm 
Official TBK Rain Predictor

Nice to see retarded fanboys aren't only present in F1 but also in MotoGP.

Dissappointed by Marquez, what a clown.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:40 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Fabs wrote:

There is no one more retarded than one that believes he's intelligent.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:43 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

2UncleanerLake53 wrote:
kals wrote:

Marquez's behaviour is completely normal bearing in mind what Rossi said after Australia. After that words and (IMO) the kick it's understandable. He's not friend of Lorenzo, but against Rossi (at least now). The championship battle was not clean because of Valentino Rossi, who added thrash to the rivalry and prevented us from one of the greatest possible battles. Without the punishment due to unfairness and the words, the championship decider would have become great.

When you are still talking about a "kick" you are indeed delusional. :slaphead: #fanboyism

And it doesn't matter if-or-not Rossi could finish higher as 4th today. But both Honda's should have gone past Jorge and that is what is wrong with this championship outcome.

Remember the press-release Repsol made about 'bad sportmanship' by Valentino in Malaysia? Wonder what they think now about Marc Marquez denying them a certain Honda 1-2 today at Valencia?! And c'mon don't talk about Rossi got this started with his pre-Malaysia comments. It's Marquez his (by then not so clear) behaveour during the PI race that made Rossi make these comments and we all know he was damn right about it.

And as I don't want to get into a long-going discussion over here, I'll leave it with this:

Just think about the booooo-ing on the podium for your 2 Spanish friends. In their own country... just because everyone here got robbed of a REAL battle for the championship. And to Marc: "Karma is a bitch..."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:51 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

2UncleanerLake53 wrote:
Fabs wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:56 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Not only is Rossi the doctor he's also a clairvoyant :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:09 pm 

2UncleanerLake53 wrote:
Fabs wrote:

Djeez you're a smug asshole.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:14 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Gallie wrote:
When you are still talking about a "kick" you are indeed delusional. :slaphead: #fanboyism

And it doesn't matter if-or-not Rossi could finish higher as 4th today. But both Honda's should have gone past Jorge and that is what is wrong with this championship outcome.

Remember the press-release Repsol made about 'bad sportmanship' by Valentino in Malaysia? Wonder what they think now about Marc Marquez denying them a certain Honda 1-2 today at Valencia?! And c'mon don't talk about Rossi got this started with his pre-Malaysia comments. It's Marquez his (by then not so clear) behaveour during the PI race that made Rossi make these comments and we all know he was damn right about it.

And as I don't want to get into a long-going discussion over here, I'll leave it with this:

Just think about the booooo-ing on the podium for your 2 Spanish friends. In their own country... just because everyone here got robbed of a REAL battle for the championship. And to Marc: "Karma is a bitch..."
A leg flying whereas a very close rider falls of is fanboyism? Paolo Scalera is a fanboy then.

I don't understand you. Marquez wasn't clearly quicker than Lorenzo (I believe he was a bit), although I miss a try. And Pedrosa arrived at the back of Lorenzo in the last laps, so the certain 1-2 is not seen from me. They COULD, but not certain.

Yep, it was unfair, very unfair. Marquez started to getting annoyed with Rossi after Australia. And Rossi said he started to get annoyed with Marquez in Australia. So Australia is the starting point. Remember what Rossi said: he deliberately slowed down in order to be caught by Iannone and started battling. And when he was asked 'why then Marquez passed Lorenzo for the win', he answered that 'a win is too much for anyone'. Is that valid for today? Or not?

Bearing in mind that the biggest fan club today at the grandstands was the Rossi fan club (I mean which it had the biggest amount of spectators), I'm not surprised by the boos. As they mainly come from Rossi's fans. I don't believe Spanish crowd booed today Marquez or Lorenzo, so they would do if Rossi.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:43 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Shameful end to the season. Although I was rooting for Rossi I think he probably would have lost the title at the end just due to Jorge's stronger pace, but at least that would have been a conclusion everyone could respect. Marquez succeeded in making the end of this season all about him and his pettiness, and the image of Lorenzo, Rossi, MotoGP were all the worse for it.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:57 pm 
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner

What a farcical end to the best season the sport has ever seen. Pity it had to be ruined by a rider who was 100 points back and had many stupid falls throughout the year.

It was clear that the last race as all about patriotism and was not a real race. The Moto3 race was what the MotoGP race should have been.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:01 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Now I'm trolling

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:00 am 
Admin - Shareholder
Admin - Shareholder

Jorge's fingers are pretty far up MM's arse - would have thought it would be the other way round.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 611 posts ]  Go to page Previous 127 28 29 30 31 Next