TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:02 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:03 pm 

Hey guys

I think about going to Assen for the WSBK round

How is parking there? How crowded is it at WSBK?
Where to stay?

Is paddock access possible? I don't find any extra paddock tickets as at the Nurburgring. That WSBK superstore was quite handy to have a look at the timing screens etc and public press conference was great also

Just write down what I have to know about visting Assen (going by car)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:01 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Hey Tommy,

you should def. go to Assen! I'm going this year after missing the last 2 years. If you have any questions just PM me, I visit that track since I was 7 years old :)

Parking with a car is no problem anymore, although I can recommend to stay another night after the event ends. Parking is for free, and the last years they have improved things to get of the track. I'm sure it won't take more than half an hour from getting in your car and driving at the motorway. There should be around 50 - 60.000 people on raceday, -two-third of what is here during the MotoGP raceday.

What do you mean with "where to stay" ? A place to sleep during the weekend or a place on the track to watch the races? There are a lot of good places near Assen to sleep, but to watch the races I def. say the southern loop of the track. That is where you get the old Assen feeling. The first part of the track is so much tarmac runoff that it looks like a Tilke nightmare ;)

The last part, with the old style banked corners, is the place where I will be on race day. I think I will be sitting at the kink just before the "Ramshoek", the last corner before the last GT chicane. That's a very fast part of the track with very close braking battles, where riders position themselves for an attack at the chicane.

Paddock access is possible, with ticket prizes for Saturday € 20,- for paddock and € 10,- for only a pitwalk. On Sunday these prices are € 30,- and € 15,-

If you really come to Assen I'd like to know, you can always join our small group. The Dutch TT is for everyone, even the not-motor-fanatics, but the Superbikes are only for the DieHards! A lot of people go to the TT, because it's the "TT", but next weekend it's about real racing...

Here's a small map of the track, with purple is where we park our car, blue is the place to watch the races, and if you want to take some good pictures you should go to the "Bult" , the black cross.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:38 pm 

Thank you, that helps me a lot.

I'm definately go home after the race has ended, easy 380km motorway drive.

But one more question: How easy is it to get around the track like blue cross to black cross or blue cross to paddock?

I'm quite spoiled knowing Nurburgring and Spa with their numerous tunnels

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:59 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Well this is Holland, we are very down to earth, really normal people, so no spoiling over here :p

You can only walk around the track, except for the ones that have a paddock ticket. They can shortcut the track by using a tunnel @ the back of the Start/Finish grandstand and the paddock or enter the paddock using the main entrance for all traffic (Welcome Centre)

But the time it takes to walk from the blue cross to the paddock will be less than 15 min. and to walk from the black to the blue cross will be like 20 minutes. And you can watch track activity all around the track between those places, it's not that there are some spots where you will have to walk behind some boring advertising boards. During your walk you don't have to miss anything....

If you got any more questions...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:18 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

I've got a question for you as well, Gallie ;) I'm going to the TT this year, for the first time. I'll only go on saturday (work of the days before). I had the same spot in mind as you mentioned before. I'm going by car and I thought to leave at 06.45, that means I'll be there at 08.00 - 08.15. Is that early enough to avoid big traffic jams, and even more important, is that early enough to have a good viewing spot?

Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:00 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Well that depends on with how many you are coming to Assen. If you are alone, no problem you can join us ;)
But if you are with more the places on top of the hill will be taken and you'll have to search for a space somewhere between the others. We will be there when the gates open @ 05:00, just to make sure we have a place on top so nobody can tell us to sit down :p

If you arrive in Assen @ 8:00 it will be at least 8:30 when you have parked your car and passed the entry-gate. Then you'll need to enter the track @ the first corner, and walk about 1,5 km to get past the grandstands to the GA zone. I would say leave @ 6:00 or 6:15 to be sure of a good spot... the earlier the better ;)

Do you have tickets already? Check Marktplaats or PM me for cheaper tickets ;)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:42 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

OK, thanks for your advise! Going with my dad, not a motorsport fan, he never watches it, so when I said we'll leave before 7 he was like WTF? During the Rizla Racing Days I parked my car next to the front straight, near the Haarbocht tribune. Do you need special tickets to park you car there?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:11 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

That parking lot is all full with motorcycles during race day :D

You'll probably have to park @ the purple cross (if you're early enough) or somewhere in a field right after you went under these 2 tunnels to get to the track.

I hope you 2 have a nice day and if you have any questions I'll be happy to answer them...

and I just found this....that picture is the parking lot where you parked during RRD.

http://www.racesport.nl/MotoGP/MotoGP/grote-verkeersdrukte-en-extra-controles-rondom-tim-tt-assen/tabid/63/iNews_ID/23583/Default.aspx

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:15 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

I'll try to park my car at the 'Cars' parking at the bottom. I believe it's the best to arrive from the south and leave the highway earlier? Before Assen-zuid?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:22 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Rudy88 wrote:
I'll try to park my car at the 'Cars' parking at the bottom. I believe it's the best to arrive from the south and leave the highway earlier? Before Assen-zuid?

Yeah if you arrive from the south you will be directed to the parking fields on the south of the track and you'll have to enter the track @ Stekkenwal. I don't know how it works on that side of the track, never parked over there...

I'll be there from thursday till saturday. Thursday will be just a normal day, with myself driving. On friday morning we will be dropped @ the entrance and they will pick us up @ saturday evening :D On friday night we will go from the track to the centre of Assen with a lot of music and action. Around 4:30 am we will be back at the track, just before the gates will open.

It will be my 22nd TT since 1989, never missed one....

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:00 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Gallie wrote:
Rudy88 wrote:

Yeah if you arrive from the south you will be directed to the parking fields on the south of the track and you'll have to enter the track @ Stekkenwal. I don't know how it works on that side of the track, never parked over there...

I'll be there from thursday till saturday. Thursday will be just a normal day, with myself driving. On friday morning we will be dropped @ the entrance and they will pick us up @ saturday evening :D On friday night we will go from the track to the centre of Assen with a lot of music and action. Around 4:30 am we will be back at the track, just before the gates will open.

It will be my 22nd TT since 1989, never missed one....

Sounds nice ;) Excactly my ideal way to visit F1. Thanks for all the advice! I was able to convince my dad to leave at 06.00 am, hopefully we'll be able to get a nice spot! Enjoy your 'weekend'!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:52 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

I also hope you will have a nice day Saturday! Enjoy the races :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:29 pm 

How good it was Tommy? It was one the best race of the year, 7 riders in front pack. Do you have pics, video?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:10 pm 

I had to replace a player of my pool team in a league match what I was told on saturday afternoon.
The original player collided with a deer riding his motorcycle. Minor injuries, but hospital over the weekend for bruises and some scans

Well, there is still Nurburgring :( and 2011 :thumbsup: