It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:42 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: 2010 Isle of Man TT
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:51 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Anybody watch this on here?

For English viewers its on ITV4

there was great racing in the Supersport Race 1 yesterday, top 3 were Ian Hutchinson, Guy Martin and Michael Dunlop

Post subject: Re: 2010 Isle of Man TT
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:20 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

For us USA viewers, HD Theatre will be showing the races, just not sure when.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:15 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

dont think there is much interest anyway...

the 2nd supersport race has been postponed today :(

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:07 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

The sidecar lot are utterly mad.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:01 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

a tried searching for videos of the accidents and i couldnt find any, even the official higlights didnt say anything about it

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:01 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Today the senior TT was red flagged after a high-speed crash of Guy Martin. Thank God he isn't critically injured. He has some bruised ribs and minor fractures to his spine. His bike went up in flames and to let the firetruck onto the track they had to stop the race. It was later restarted with soon another big crash of Connor Cummins. Connor suffered multiple leg and arm injuries but is stable and talking to medics.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:27 pm 
Admin - Shareholder
Admin - Shareholder

Bad year for accidents already. I have a horrible feeling that the Isle of Man TT won't have much of a future.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:52 am 

wow. I didn't know a motorcycle racer shared my last name. It's a shame what happened though. R.I.P.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:09 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

nea wrote:
Bad year for accidents already. I have a horrible feeling that the Isle of Man TT won't have much of a future.

the commentary team actaully said a few days back that, the iomtt is the last of the great road races - and i thought to myself i hope there isnt any bad crashes then (as that usually stops the road races)....

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:55 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

A crash from Mad Sunday...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:12 am 
2011 TBK-Light Funniest member award winner
2011 TBK-Light Funniest member award winner

Andy wrote:
nea wrote:

the commentary team actaully said a few days back that, the iomtt is the last of the great road races - and i thought to myself i hope there isnt any bad crashes then (as that usually stops the road races)....

But it must be the main generator of income for the Isle of Man and for them to actually cancel would feel like cutting off your nose to spite your face.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:04 pm 

ryan86 wrote:
it must be the main generator of income for the Isle of Man

Exactly, and the Isle is pretty much self-governing so I think the TT is thankfully safe for now (unfortunate choice of words, perhaps).

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:28 pm 

High price for a race, but when you decide to race you must know all the risk !! :(

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:53 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

nea wrote:

They've been saying that for 30 years. The race isn't going anywhere anytime soon

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:37 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

this says enough:

Quote:
The wife of TT racer Paul Dobbs, who was killed in a racing accident on the Mountain course, says he 'died doing what he most loved'.

'Dobsy' died when he crashed at Ballagarey during the second Supersport race of the 2010 Isle of Man TT on Thursday.

The loss of the popular New Zealander, who was a TT regular, shocked the paddock and brought tributes from all parts of the event.

Fellow Kiwi Bruce Anstey was among the riders to wear a black armband during Friday's Senior TT, and later dedicate dhis third place finish to his friend.

Dobsy's wife Bridget issued an emotional statement about the crash, which said his family were 'devastated' but also feel 'lucky in so many ways'.

The statement said:

'Dobsy died doing what he most loved, in a place he loved and felt at home and surrounded by people he loved and admired.'

'He died instantly and felt no pain. He had no knowledge of his end, but was fully focussed on the bike and the race.'

'After making a hard decision and missing the TT last year, I am thankful that I was here at this tragic time. We have been wholeheartedly supported by the whole racing community in both a professional and personal way.'

'We held nothing back in pursuing Dobsy's racing and so I need regret nothing. Our lives have been immeasurably enriched by the TT and the Isle of Man.'

'I would like to thank Bruce Anstey who had Dobsy in his thoughts even in his moment of glory after the Senior TT.'

The statement also paid tribute to Paul Owen, a fellow TT racer who abandoned his own race to help marshals at the scene of the crash. He was later handed the 'Spirit of the TT' award for his selfless actions.

Mrs Dobbs added:

'I would especially like to thank Paul Owen. Paul was perhaps Dobsy's greatest rival and friend at the TT. They were very evenly matched and Dobsy measured his performance against Paul's. They invariably got together soon after a practice or race to share their experiences.'

'Paul's selfless and big hearted action on Thursday moves me beyond words. Without hesitation, he did everything in his power to try to help Dobsy. Paul truly embodies the spirit of the TT and I wish the award could be named after him for posterity.'

'This is a difficult time for Dobsy's mother, Dawn. I hope that she can overcome and put aside her hurting. She helped to make Dobsy what he was and she should be very proud. Dobsy's daughters, Eadlin and Hillberry, are two very special people. They have lived an honest and unsheltered life and I know they both understand exactly what this means. They will miss their Dad terribly and there will be some hard times over the coming weeks, months and years. But I also know that they have been shaped by having Dobsy in their lives and they are all the stronger, smarter and braver for that.'

'He really spoilt my week, but he has brought infinite joy, adventure and fun to our lives. He has energised and inspired. He will live forever in our esteem, our thoughts and our hearts.'

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:57 am 
Admin - Shareholder
Admin - Shareholder

That's an awesome tribute and really shows what the IoM TT means to people, even in such tragic times. I also love the "He really spoilt my week" comment, nicely understated with a good helping of black humour.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:13 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Who is going to stop it? The Isle is a law unto itself, the event is a big tourism attraction for them and the TT is fully backed by the government.Plus there aren't seemingly many protesters out there each year trying to put a stop to it.

The event was deemed unsafe by the FIM in the mid-70s when they removed the TT as a round of the 500cc World Championship and riders like Barry Sheene were calling for its culling. It survived that, and will for donkeys years to come.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:15 pm 

racer69 wrote:
nea wrote:

They've been saying that for 30 years.

At least 40 - the TT's deadliest year, 1970, was followed by a huge media outcry for it to be banned.

I didn't really get into the TT until the late 80s, and even in those more safety conscious times, there were 4 or 5 riders a year being killed.

Still going strong though, touch wood......

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:13 pm 

This is "The race" and every driver know what means race at TT.
Maybe this is also the reason because a lot of driver dream to race at TT.
No one is obliged to race here.
I race in rally since 19 year ago and now i have family with one daughter, i know what i'm risking and that's all. :)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:28 am 

Dunno if someone has posted this already but Guy is a very lucky man!

http://www.topspeed.com/motorcycles/mot ... 65446.html

I get annoyed everytime someone starts to speak about people wanting to stop this race. Usually these people don't have any experience of racing anything. Like Marcuspia said: they aren't force to race there :)