TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 3:35 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 454 posts ]  Go to page Previous 119 20 21 22 23
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:41 am 
2011 TBK-Light Best Looking Member award winner

I like you Ayro. I hope you can feel welcome here despite some posts in this thread!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:16 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I think the nicknames for drivers/crews in every post might wear thin on some folks. Sure it's funny here and there, but it rubs people the wrong way it seems if it's every post. Honestly I don't give a shit. It's a long way from the old board with memes running rampant in every thread, if anyone else here remembers that. I'd like to see you hang around, Ayro, it's interesting to hear from people who have been involved with racing. If I've learned anything from following ARCA over the years, is that the fans rarely hear what really goes on outside of TV or a press release.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:04 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

dicksplaash wrote:
I like you Ayro. I hope you can feel welcome here despite some posts in this thread!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:11 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

You can tell there is either forum drama or a boring race weekend coming up when, on the day of the truck race, there is still no weekend race thread up.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:27 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

The trucks are at Kentucky? Blimey I thought it was just a nw/cup weekend.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:29 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

The only attention I've paid to this upcoming weekend is the fact I have to take a different route to Dayton on Friday night, since the ARCA Trucks are running at Kil-Kare that night.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:32 pm 

dr dog wrote:
You can tell there is either forum drama or a boring race weekend coming up when, on the day of the truck race, there is still no weekend race thread up.

Good point.

Any race at a 1,5 cookie cutter is a sure sign that NASCAR is dying

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:15 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Jeff wrote:
The only attention I've paid to this upcoming weekend is the fact I have to take a different route to Dayton on Friday night, since the ARCA Trucks are running at Kil-Kare that night.

Come on... you know you want to be backed up on I-71 all the way back to Louisville... you know it. :p

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:16 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I was gonna say, ganging up on the new guy is a little harsh. I can understand some of the eye-rolling over the weird driver nicknames, just because of the nature of this forum. I thought it was a little weird, but I knew Ayro was older than the majority of folks here, and I just chalked it up to crazy talk. haha No offense!

At the same time, this is a forum built on respect. It doesn't matter how old you are, and you can come in here with the loudest voice and most passionate love of racing there is, but it takes a while for us to get to know every new member that comes around. Spewing vitriol at various drivers for no apparent reason (Jeff Gordon, "runner-up loser of the Sonoma race", lulz) in your first 20 posts isn't really the best way to get on our good sides. It's just human nature, and has nothing to do with us "young kids behind keyboards".

I'm no "kid" at 30 years old, but I've been a part of this place for almost 10 years, uploaded my fair share of videos early on and learned the ropes. Ayro, I hope you stick around, because it sounds like you've got some cool stories and random tidbits to share.

Cheers.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:23 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I apologize to Ayro. I was one that took a bit of offense to the talk but I realize I should give the benefit of the doubt. It's natural to be a bit defensive over a place that you love. At first it seemed like another young kid coming in here and trying to make a splash. We've seen them come and go. I'm sorry and welcome to TBK.

As for Andre, Gordon was the runner-up loser of the race. Deal with it! :p

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:41 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

SecretAgentHarvick wrote:
Jeff wrote:

Come on... you know you want to be backed up on I-71 all the way back to Louisville... you know it. :p

They're gonna have a blast with all the roadwork on I-71. Got stuck in a traffic jam coming back from the Toledo ARCA race just south of Carrollton. Fortunately I know the back roads thanks to my many train watching outings and avoided the same traffic when I came home from Lake County a few weeks ago.

I spent 5 hours in traffic for the first Truck race at Kentucky in 2000. I have no desire to ever repeat that experience again.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:33 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

ChrisTRD wrote:
I apologize to Ayro. I was one that took a bit of offense to the talk but I realize I should give the benefit of the doubt. It's natural to be a bit defensive over a place that you love. At first it seemed like another young kid coming in here and trying to make a splash. We've seen them come and go. I'm sorry and welcome to TBK.

As for Andre, Gordon was the runner-up loser of the race. Deal with it! :p

Second place *is* the first loser... haha :p

I was more referring to the part where it's easy for *us* to say he had the better car, and that he *could* have won the race. At the end of the day, none of us know jack squat. We just observe and make up our own damn minds. :yes:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:23 pm 

I understand guys, it is not my first forum experience and sarcasm does not read back well. Sorry about getting a little mean there. That was really mild compared to most musical artist forum fights I've been a part of. Thanks for stepping up and having your say to all those who did. Understand about the nicknames/word play on driver names - it's something that got started over 35 years ago and probably not the best thing coming from a new guy on a forum. Here's to looking forward.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:46 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Next week, on "As the Forum turns"...

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 454 posts ]  Go to page Previous 119 20 21 22 23