TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:31 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1614 posts ]  Go to page Previous 175 76 77 78 7981 Next
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:58 am 
Meh, I'm pretty much in the same boat.

I already skipped most of the Cup races on 1.5/2.0 mile tracks this year and pretty much all the Nationwide races. I won't stop watching restrictor plate races, but after shit like this I'll probably end up watching only Daytona, Talladega, Bristol, Dover, Darlington and Richmond to cut back on the BS.

Edit: ... and the road course races.

Last edited by Dirac on Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:06 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Jeff Gordon just said on wind tunnel, that if Regan was more experienced he would have stopped turning down when he got to the line, and if Tony hit him and spun himself it'd be his own fault. I absolutely agree.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:11 am 
Karter24 wrote:
Jeff Gordon just said on wind tunnel, that if Regan was more experienced he would have stopped turning down when he got to the line, and if Tony hit him and spun himself it'd be his own fault. I absolutely agree.

I'm sure at the time he thought he was doing the right thing and they would rule his pass legal. Silly him.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:12 am 

NASCAR GAVE TONY THE WIN BECAUSE THAT GUY FROM 3 DOORS DOWN DID THE ANTHEM AND TONE E. WAS IN A VIDEO FOR THEM AND THEY'RE DALE JR'S FAVORITE BAND AND TONE E IS DALE JR'S FAVORITE DRAFTING PARTNER SO NASCAR WAS LIKE HAY LETS GIVE TONY THE RACE FUCK YOU REGAN SMITH...HMMMMMMMMMM

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:13 am 
mdp4499 wrote:
NASCAR GAVE TONY THE WIN BECAUSE THAT GUY FROM 3 DOORS DOWN DID THE ANTHEM AND TONE E. WAS IN A VIDEO FOR THEM AND THEY'RE DALE JR'S FAVORITE BAND AND TONE E IS DALE JR'S FAVORITE DRAFTING PARTNER SO NASCAR WAS LIKE HAY LETS GIVE TONY THE RACE FUCK YOU REGAN SMITH...HMMMMMMMMMM

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:13 am 

Ha Ha I sent this e-mail to NASCAR

Quote:
Dear NASCAR and to whom it concerns,

I am confused about your rules and rulings more now than ever before. In SPEED channel's broadcast of the truck series race Saturday October 4, 2008 the announcers said that anything goes on the last lap concerning the yellow line. In ESPN's broad cast of the cup series race on Sunday October 5, 2008 the announcers also said the same thing. There is even a quote from one of your officials in the Feburary 24, 2007 edition of the Augusta Chronicle citing the same thing.

"Drivers throughout the Craftsman Truck Series garage were still talking about last week's [Feb 2007] three-wide finish at Daytona International Speedway. While they admitted the finish was good for television, most wondered why NASCAR allowed Johnny Benson to drive below the yellow line - Daytona's out of bounds line - to jump from third to second in the final 200 yards. Benson wasn't penalized because "if you can see the checkered flag on the last lap, anything goes," according to NASCAR spokesman Owen Kearns."

Now I ask why is it that its okay for this to happen in one instance and is perfectly legal and during October 5, 2008's running of the AMP Energy 500 it was not when Regan Smith was clearly forced below the yellow line by Tony Stewart coming to the checkers. I do not understand how an organization as huge, well financed, and powerful as NASCAR can run a sport inconsistantly and have foggy rules. I was appalled at your decsion to declare Tony Stewart the winner and then classify Regan Smith in 18th position. I understand if the results are finalized and can't be changed but, please in the future clarify what "anything goes on the last lap" means.

I am very upset about this and it might have weighed in my decsion weither i go to the race in Atlanta in three weeks time. It sure does cost a bundle to go to the races and why do I want to spend money on an organization that can't clarify rules and makes inconsistant calls. I do however hope whoever takes a few seconds out of their time and reads my e-mail and maybe some thing's can become clear soon.

Disappointed race fan,
Edwin James

And this is their response

Quote:

"First and foremost, we want to thank you for your interest in NASCAR. You can be assured that we take your feedback seriously. Everyone at NASCAR understands that the success of our sport depends on the support of the fans.

We read every e-mail we receive from our fans and respond to as many as possible. Thanks again, and we hope you enjoy the rest of the season."

they really don't care :yuk:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:14 am 
they probably went Image irl

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:16 am 

You shoulda said "LET ME STATE IT CLEARLY, FUCK A BUNCH OF BASEBALL"

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:17 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Burnt Toast wrote:
they probably went Image irl

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:21 am 

OH I FORGOT TO MENTION TONY'S TEAM IS GONNA BE A HENDRICK TEAM NEXT YEAR AND NASCAR LOVES RICK HENDRICK HMMMMMMMM

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:21 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Emailing a championship organization to say you're annoyed with them - that's even further ahead in the scale of uselessness than online petitions.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:22 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I'm with cArmAkAze above pretty much. I skipped almost the entire season of NASCAR this year, with exception of Daytona/Talladega/All-Star and maybe a random race here and there. I really miss the way Nascar was pre-2000 and have a hard time tolerating it now.

So I'll probably be the same way for the coming seasons, tuning in for my favorite venues and ignoring anything else.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:25 am 

Quote:

"First and foremost, we want to thank you for your interest in NASCAR. You can be assured that we take your feedback seriously. Everyone at NASCAR understands that the success of our sport depends on the support of the fans.

We read every e-mail we receive from our fans and respond to as many as possible. Thanks again, and we hope you enjoy the rest of the season."

They have pre-writed that crap so they won't take the time to write one single quick response.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:27 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

REALLY? :eyecrazy: :eyecrazy: :eyecrazy: :flag:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:30 am 

Temiree wrote:
I'm with cArmAkAze above pretty much. I skipped almost the entire season of NASCAR this year, with exception of Daytona/Talladega/All-Star and maybe a random race here and there. I really miss the way Nascar was pre-2000 and have a hard time tolerating it now.

So I'll probably be the same way for the coming seasons, tuning in for my favorite venues and ignoring anything else.

The only NSCS races I've watched this year are all RP races, first 21 laps of Cali, Bristol, All Star, Chicagoland, Bristol 2, Richmond, Dover, and most likely Homestead.

I've watched all NCTS races due to the awesomeness in that series

I've only watched all RP races for NNS due to the series is just a farce.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:37 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Yeah. I'm still a fan of Craftsman Trucks and ARCA. Unfortunately with my new cable provider, SPEED is in a sports package costing $7 a month, on top of everything else. Understandably, my parents don't want to spend that much on one channel; so I got to resort to streams to watch anything.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:08 am 

I just want to say that my heart broke when I watched the 99 plow into the 28. I had been banking on that car all day. :( I will say this... the run Kvapil had today gave me hope for next year. I figure things can only get better.

The race was very entertaining. I thought the racing was great, and the drama was intense. The ending was awesome, but I wish I had turned off the TV a little sooner. That shot of the 01 team celebrating could have been the last thing I saw.

Congrats Regan Smith! Win or lose, you were the only one to make a difference in the final laps.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:27 am 
noikeee wrote:
Emailing a championship organization to say you're annoyed with them - that's even further ahead in the scale of uselessness than online petitions.

The key with NASCAR is to say you're a minority and that some decision is making you turn away from the sport and that you're telling your friends not to tune in too. Then they'll take you seriously.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:35 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Tuck wrote:
I just want to say that my heart broke when I watched the 99 plow into the 28. I had been banking on that car all day. :( I will say this... the run Kvapil had today gave me hope for next year. I figure things can only get better.

The race was very entertaining. I thought the racing was great, and the drama was intense. The ending was awesome, but I wish I had turned off the TV a little sooner. That shot of the 01 team celebrating could have been the last thing I saw.

Congrats Regan Smith! Win or lose, you were the only one to make a difference in the final laps.

I absolutely agree. Travis had an awesome run today, and I felt terrible seeing it go away like that.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:40 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Temiree wrote:

I retract my previous statement. Matt told me I was spergin' hard and to get my fucking head straight, I don't want to end up like Lasek.

This is true, and I thank him for setting me straight Image

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1614 posts ]  Go to page Previous 175 76 77 78 7981 Next