TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 5:55 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 331 posts ]  Go to page Previous 113 14 15 16 17
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:58 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

is the difference between first and last (lap time wise) greater this year than last?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:01 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Found that race to be rather entertaining. Very much looking forward to Bristol.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:13 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

K_Sherman wrote:
Did somebody say, passing?

Quote:
Passing up at Las Vegas: NASCAR's new Gen-6 Sprint Cup race car racked up some impressive statistics in Sunday's race. The official race reports reads 22 lead changes among eight drivers, with the 22 lead changes being the most at Las Vegas since 2007, the year before the Gen-5 car (Car of Tomorrow) was introduced at intermediate race tracks. Beyond those numbers, NASCAR's loop data (stats measured at the 10 scoring loops around the 1.5-mile track) showed a phenomenal 2,342 green-flag passes throughout the race, compared with 1,301 last year. In addition, there were 31 green-flag passes for the lead (including intra-lap passes scored at loops other than the finish line), the most since NASCAR started recording loop data in 2005.(NASCAR Wire Service)(3-11-2013)

I don't remember 31 passes for the lead. :o Or does that include the green flag pit cycles?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:18 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

It has to include those. Also notice that it includes passes in addition to the ones counted at the line.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:21 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Quote:
Passing up at Las Vegas: NASCAR's new Gen-6 Sprint Cup race car racked up some impressive statistics in Sunday's race. The official race reports reads 22 lead changes among eight drivers, with the 22 lead changes being the most at Las Vegas since 2007, the year before the Gen-5 car (Car of Tomorrow) was introduced at intermediate race tracks. Beyond those numbers, NASCAR's loop data (stats measured at the 10 scoring loops around the 1.5-mile track) showed a phenomenal 2,342 green-flag passes throughout the race, compared with 1,301 last year. In addition, there were 31 green-flag passes for the lead (including intra-lap passes scored at loops other than the finish line), the most since NASCAR started recording loop data in 2005.(NASCAR Wire Service)(3-11-2013)

Yeah, tell that to Kasey Kahne :D

And whoeve saw the last laps.

Whatever, somebody with half-brain should know it's useless to count all "green-flag" passes if you include Green Flag pit stops cycles in it.

Whoever made this statistic should be fined the double that Hamlin had. Because he's lying a lot about the car. Nascar fans should sue Nascar for not getting what was sold to them. 8)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:27 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Tristar 7AT wrote:
I didn't think this race was good, old tires shouldn't beat new tires. This car can't pass I don't know what race everyone else was watching.

Have to agree with this in part. The last 30 laps or so, while decent, were just sort of weird. Kenseth, on old rubber, was able to pull away from cars that had at least 2 new tires on. That's just odd. Not unprecedented though (I give you Gordon vs. Martin in New Hampshire circa '98). However, the fact that Kenseth was able to keep Khane at bay, who generally had the superior car, was telling of the current plight. You get the lead, and unless the guy behind you has an unbelievably stout piece, you're not losing the lead. Khane's car was a rocket all day and the fact he could get to Kenseth's bumper but no further speaks highly for the difficulty in passing that Douchbag Denny was talking about last week.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:10 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Gordon had a lot of luck like that in 1998. I believe he won the Coke 600 that year after taking 2 tires on the final pit stop and and Rusty, who had the best car, took 4. Idk, I have to imagine that team had something going on that year. After the run in with Rusty at Richmond, the 24 blew everyone away. That season sucked to watch.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:14 pm 
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner

Kasey Kahne looked a bit faster overall at the end there, Matt held his line well. Nice to see 2 cars fighting close for the win at a 1.5 mile track.

The last time that there were 2 cars like that was Homestead & Atlanta 2011.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:03 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

ChrisTRD wrote:
Gordon had a lot of luck like that in 1998. I believe he won the Coke 600 that year after taking 2 tires on the final pit stop and and Rusty, who had the best car, took 4. Idk, I have to imagine that team had something going on that year. After the run in with Rusty at Richmond, the 24 blew everyone away. That season sucked to watch.

Gordon also won at Michigan that year after taking 2 tires while the rest took four, was his first win at Michigan (one of the few tracks he hadn't won at to that point) and his third on the trot.

And as a Gordon fan I thought that season was awesome :D

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:22 am 

If Davey Allison had been there Gordon wouldn't have won so easily

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:34 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Philthy82 wrote:
ChrisTRD wrote:

Gordon also won at Michigan that year after taking 2 tires while the rest took four, was his first win at Michigan (one of the few tracks he hadn't won at to that point) and his third on the trot.

And as a Gordon fan I thought that season was awesome :D

Wasn't that the race he beat Mark after his family tragedy and he dedicated his losing effort to them. Felt so bad for Mark that day.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 331 posts ]  Go to page Previous 113 14 15 16 17