TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:38 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 553 posts ]  Go to page Previous 124 25 26 27 28 Next

Who will record the better finish at Phoenix?
Jimmie Johnson 19%  19%  [ 7 ]
Brad Keselowski 81%  81%  [ 29 ]
Total votes: 36
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:07 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:13 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

En Espanol...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:15 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I smell a new 5-hour commercial coming with a running Clint.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:16 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Cartman wrote:

More like Run Forrest Run...

Shit happens...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:13 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

FedEx advertising :D

Epic race. So much things happening. I'll never forget. JJ was in the wall and we hardly reminds this. I at least. That brawl and ending....

Anyway, I was going to say but the internet got crazy slow when the 48 hit the wall: Glad I saw this live. Last year, the end of his more than 5years dominance ended for me, with reading a tread title in the crash videos section. I couldn't be more upset at the time.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:29 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

friend of mine made this:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:54 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I become more of a Brad K fan every weekend.

Bowyer also earned cool points today.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:58 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I'm going to bed, but here's BradK's interview uncensored with video, and the fight which we've already seen a million times:

It's still uploading at time of writing.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:54 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Ian-S wrote:
I just love the way people are bombarding MWR's facebook page complaining about Clint saying they looked like a group of retards in his interview, saying it's upsetting for their children to hear, really offensive etc. etc.

For fucks sake, you've just watched 20+ grown men fighting like starving dogs scraping over food on INTERNATIONAL TV and all you're worried about is Clint calling himself a retard - seriously some people need to get their priorities in order about stuff, I'd be far more worried about the message the fight sent their kids than what someone says in an off the cuff comment on a cable channel nobody (by comparison to the race broadcast) watches.

My Mom and I were talking about something like that earlier, except it was after Brian Pattie said "that shit like that happens" uncensored. Immediately there is an apology for the language, yet afterwards go on to show replays of the pitcrews trying to punch the daylights out of eachother. Brian wasn't even using it a malicious way, it was just to describe the team's misfortunes. The apology was probably just to cover their asses so the FCC doesn't go after them, but still, it's kind of funny what is considered okay and what isn't.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:22 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Also, if Gordon gets suspended, then Carl Edwards should be retroactively suspended for doing the same kind of thing at least 2-3 times.

At least Gordon didn't nearly put Bowyer in the crowd.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:07 am 
Head Muppet

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:46 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I look forward to seeing Jeff right-rear hooked into the wall at 190 next week. Cause I highly doubt NASCAR will park him (which they should, but seldom do), and I reckon Bowyer may pay him back the first opportunity he gets.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:30 am 
Sent from my SCH-R910 using Tapatalk
Sent from my SCH-R910 using Tapatalk

Cartman wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:58 am 
Not been fired yet!
Not been fired yet!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:19 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

What a joke, why I fell asleep on lap 193? :(

Pleased with the results though.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:30 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Unfortunately I didn't see the race, but from what I saw, this is what I thought. Judging from Nascar's past rulings on stuff like this, I'm really not sure if Jeff will be parked. I consider what Kyle did last year to be way worse because 1. It was under caution 2. It was at a faster track, probably at a higher speed and 3. He shouldn't have even been in that race, and he ruined a championship that he was never in contention for. To me, it was just a matter of him PMSing and feeling the need to assert his authority over someone who he saw as lesser to him.

For Gordon, it was different because they were on the same playing field. They were both competitive full-time drivers in the same series who have a history this year and Gordon just had enough of Bowyer and lost it. And we saw at Texas a few years ago that Jeff isn't gonna take shit from anyone anymore. Payback has been around forever, but since Nascar is so lenient these days drivers feel like they can get away with more blatant payback than in the past. Edwards turning Keselowski at Gateway on a narrow straightaway in front of a pack of cars racing to the finish was much more dangerous than wrecking someone in the middle of a corner where they're always gonna slide up the hill. I'm not saying Gordon was justified, but I feel like a points penalty/fine/probation would be fine although I wouldn't be totally surprised to see a suspension. Jeff is one of the cleanest drivers on the track normally unless he's aggravated anyway. And any comparison to Danica at Kansas doesn't matter because we all know Nascar makes reactionary decisions rather than consistent ones.

And about the retard thing, I feel like it was a bad choice of words. Shit/fuck/c**t/bitch etc. are just cuss words that don't really mean anything, but words like retard encourage prejudice against a certain group of people much like "fag" does, so I understand why people were upset, because they don't want their kids modeling it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:50 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Would like them to try and justify putting Bowyer on probation, if it happens.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:55 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

I don't think Jeff should be suspended. Do you know why? Because this is NASCARs fault. Yeah Jeff crashed the car, yes he aimed for Bowyer. But NASCAR has stated that this really isn't a crime. It isn't something they're going to punish. So why shouldn't Jeff do it?

I'm not justifying what Jeff did, because you have to be a colossal asshole to do it. But at the end of the day, NASCAR sits and goes "LOL Boys 'have it, LOL GOOD OLD BOYS RACIN'", and then we're surprised when they run around like this? No. NASCAR drew the line pretty far away, and the drivers take advantage of this. NASCAR has to take responsibility for allowing the drivers to do this.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:03 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

My thoughts are the same as you jacksonedb. There is no douchebag move bigger than what Kyle did at Texas last year.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:32 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Starlancer wrote:
Also, if Gordon gets suspended, then Carl Edwards should be retroactively suspended for doing the same kind of thing at least 2-3 times.

At least Gordon didn't nearly put Bowyer in the crowd.

That's a valid point regarding consistency and precedence. I still think it's weird that any of it was basically allowed though.

Now we've got the issue of who owes whom what and when will it stop. Bowyer had a couple racing incidents with Gordon. Definitely understand Jeff's frustration with that. Then yesterday there was just the minor nudge, and that didn't cut his left rear down, that tire was up and Jeff only wrecked because he tried to hook Bowyer the first time and didn't pull it off (Landon Cassill should sit him down and teach him about rule number one). Anyways, Gordon ends up wrecking him as retaliation for that and the previous encounters. But of course Bowyer is pissed now and he'll feel like he owes Gordon a payback.

I still think Gordon was more in the wrong overall, because that retaliation was way excessive (plus it ruined a couple other guys who had nothing to do with it) but at this point I think it is probably right to just give Gordon a fine and some other penalty and let him race on. And Bowyer should probably just take this one on the chin and move along. It sucks, it's wrong, but just let it end move along before more equipment is used up and someone gets hurt.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 553 posts ]  Go to page Previous 124 25 26 27 28 Next