TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:41 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 330 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 517 Next
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:16 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

ChrisTRD wrote:
So why didn't Tony get suspended for all his childish stuff in the early to mid 2000's? I'm not defending Kurt, I'm just asking why NASCAR isn't being consistent.

And you can say Kurt does it every week but that's crap, we didn't have access to team radios and what now back then like we do now.

NASCAR's about as consistent as off milk, for sure, but are you really expecting consistency between incidents 10 years ago and today? I'd say this suspension is consistent with NASCAR's recent history of doing fuck all about intentional wrecking on track (have at it boys etc.) but coming down heavy on verbal and physical stoushes in the garage. With Kurt they just applied it one incident too late, which looks a bit silly.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:28 am 
Sent from my SCH-R910 using Tapatalk

Oh NASCAR...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:00 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Pretty sure it was just the fact that he was on probation from Darlington. It's only been 2 races since that ordeal.

And we all know Kurt has more problems. From all the shit in the early 00's to the explicit in car breakdowns and cussing Dr. Jerry out at Homestead end of last year. I think this isn't a bad decision.

Here is over an hour of examples:

[youtubeidiot]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfaZR3ysMIA[/youtubeidiot]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:05 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Quote:
UPDATE 2: [#51 car owner James] Finch told ESPN.com he would meet with Busch over the next couple of days to discuss whether they would keep the handshake agreement they made before the season. He didn't sound like a man convinced the arrangement could or would work. "If he's going to kill himself, I'm not going to be in the airplane with him," Finch said by phone. "If that's what he's planning on doing, I am going to get out." Finch made it clear after Busch was released by Penske Racing following a profanity-laced tirade against ESPN's Dr. Jerry Punch at Homestead-Miami Speedway last November that if Busch embarrassed him like he did Roger Penske "he would have gotten his ass beat on pit road. He needs to simmer down a while," Finch told ESPN.com in December. "There are a lot of people that don't like Kurt. He's never done anything to me personally. He just needs to look in the mirror and see what the problem is." Now Busch has done something to Finch personally, even though the incident came while Busch was driving a Kyle Busch Motorsports Nationwide car for his little brother. Finch made it clear there are several qualified drivers to take over Phoenix Racing's #51 Chevy.(ESPN)(6-4-2012)

If he gets released again, holy shit.

Who would take him now? Frankie Stoddard? Tommy Baldwin? Front Row Motorsports? BK Motorsports 3rd car? Anyone?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:32 am 

Just to put this out there, how many cars did Landon Cassill wreck last year compared to Kurt in the first 1/3 of this season?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:00 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

The Fox Crew said during one of the pracitce sessions last weekend that Kurt had wrecked 14 cars this year.

That number seems a little high but I'll take there word for it.

I only remember Landon wrecking at Indy and maybe Daytona?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:09 am 

Don't forget about Charlotte

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:14 am 

Forgot about this one... yeah Cassill should stay the hell away from Charlotte in May.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLNYwChJKWY&feature=bf_prev&list=PLF317AF47D676C997[/youtube]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:03 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Mrtumadre81 wrote:
Forgot about this one... yeah Cassill should stay the hell away from Charlotte in May.

FIFY

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:20 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

One thing I don't get about this forum is why pasting the full Youtube link needs 'youtubeidiot' tags. That is the easier and most conventional way of hotlinking Youtube videos in most forums or websites across the internet. Pasting only the video ID should require youtubeidiot tags instead.. [/randomrant]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:43 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Racefan4ever wrote:
Quote:
UPDATE 2: [#51 car owner James] Finch told ESPN.com he would meet with Busch over the next couple of days to discuss whether they would keep the handshake agreement they made before the season. He didn't sound like a man convinced the arrangement could or would work. "If he's going to kill himself, I'm not going to be in the airplane with him," Finch said by phone. "If that's what he's planning on doing, I am going to get out." Finch made it clear after Busch was released by Penske Racing following a profanity-laced tirade against ESPN's Dr. Jerry Punch at Homestead-Miami Speedway last November that if Busch embarrassed him like he did Roger Penske "he would have gotten his ass beat on pit road. He needs to simmer down a while," Finch told ESPN.com in December. "There are a lot of people that don't like Kurt. He's never done anything to me personally. He just needs to look in the mirror and see what the problem is." Now Busch has done something to Finch personally, even though the incident came while Busch was driving a Kyle Busch Motorsports Nationwide car for his little brother. Finch made it clear there are several qualified drivers to take over Phoenix Racing's #51 Chevy.(ESPN)(6-4-2012)

If he gets released again, holy shit.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit. I said late last year that he wouldn't last the season because of Finch's past history of firing drivers and his "my way or the highway" style, and it sounds like it could be coming to fruition.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:08 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Eventually, he will end up spending the rest of his driving career at KBM.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:16 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I won't say much about the suspension itself and whether or not such a simple comment would normally warrant suspension, but he said it knowing full-well that it probably wasn't a smart thing to say while on probation... but he went ahead and said it anyway.

I will give Kurt credit - the level of rage has come down a lot. haha

Anyway, not sure how Landon should "stay the hell away" from Charlotte in May, since he finished the 600 in 18th in old, so-so equipment in a race that had very few cautions. Only two laps down, too.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:08 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Sandeep Banerjee wrote:

Maybe he'll get the message when his brother finally get's fedup with him.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:21 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

Sandeep Banerjee wrote:
One thing I don't get about this forum is why pasting the full Youtube link needs 'youtubeidiot' tags. That is the easier and most conventional way of hotlinking Youtube videos in most forums or websites across the internet. Pasting only the video ID should require youtubeidiot tags instead.. [/randomrant]

Because it depends on the software the forums runs and the plugins you can use. phpBB is more limited than most forum softwares. It's also why one displays in widesceeen, the other in 4:3.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:31 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

As for Kurts penalty, when you're a repeat offender, you lose the right to the benefit of the doubt. He gets what is coming to him. And asking people to compared Kurt to Tony 10 years ago is grasping at straws.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:18 pm 

Yeah, I don't like the suspension, either, but Kurt brought all of this on himself.

The media isn't Kurt Busch's worst enemy. Kurt Busch is.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:26 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I think the worst that happened with Tony was a shove at Indy in '02. That's not good at all, but we didn't really catch the whole story there... unlike now, where everybody knows everything reported by anyone on Twitter. Shit has a way of blowing up where it didn't used to.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:44 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Ian-S wrote:
Sandeep Banerjee wrote:

Maybe he'll get the message when his brother finally get's fedup with him.

And that's a big maybe.

ellis wrote:
Sandeep Banerjee wrote:

Because it depends on the software the forums runs and the plugins you can use. phpBB is more limited than most forum softwares. It's also why one displays in widesceeen, the other in 4:3.

Why not just make the youtubeidiot tag the standard one (and rename it to youtube) and do away with the one that requires the video ID? Just curious.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:17 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Not going to happen, it's fine as it is.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 330 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 517 Next