TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:56 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:10 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Carl was jumping the restarts all night so NASCAR probably had their eye on him. The one they nailed him on was a clear violation anyway. Hated the last caution (for a beer can? :? ) but Tony and Kyle have both won and lost their fair share of races due to these late cautions so it's whatever I guess..

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:06 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Probably the worst Richmond race I've ever seen. :(

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:09 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Competition Yellow
Kurt Spin
Debris
Debris
Debris

The 5 yellows.

How bout this race 10 years ago?
Cautions: 14 for 103 laps

5 years ago
Cautions: 14 for 80 laps

Why is this shit so dull now?

How bout Nationwide?
Friday night: 3 cautions (Yeley blown tire, Bowles spin, debris)
10 years ago: Cautions: 11 for 85 laps

I'm not praying for flipperz every lap but man all this green flag racing all of a sudden is :yuk: :yuk: :yuk: :yuk: :yuk: .

All three short tracks had 5 cautions each (Martinsville lucked into 7 with Reutimann/Bowyer mess. Normally you'd have a dozen at each.

BOYS HAVE AT IT? WTF

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:49 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Yea, it's pretty crazy. Seems like it could be due to a lot of the worse drivers and teams start-n-parking as you could always count on them for a couple of cautions in any given race in the past, be it due to mechanical failure or brain failure. On top of that, the cars look too easy to drive/save anymore, whether it's due to the massive sharkfins, the amazing Goodyears that provide lots of grip (going by laptimes that are on par with or faster than the old car even) yet barely fall off, who knows but they all definitely look hooked up real good.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:27 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Beyond the COT and tyre factors, I think we're just seeing driver and car development in a professional sport taken to their logical extreme, with the result of no mistakes or failures to spice things up. The teams are completely on top of car setup and engine tuning and the driver pool has reached a collective level of skill based on piloting precisely engineered to be predictable machines (as opposed to the former necessary skill of steering an unpredictable top-heavy pile of steel around drivers of varying talent). It's a bit like F1 except F1 has done a decent job of changing up the rules to keep teams and drivers having to adapt, while all NASCAR has done is to narrow the range of setup tricks.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:40 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Yep, they've scienced it out to perfection and everyone is running the same car and same setup almost. NASCAR will hopefully realize that and address the fundamental issues with the car instead of band-aid solutions like fake cautions which just further ruin any credibility the sport has left.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:07 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Sandeep Banerjee wrote:
Yep, they've scienced it out to perfection and everyone is running the same car and same setup almost. NASCAR will hopefully realize that and address the fundamental issues with the car instead of band-aid solutions like fake cautions which just further ruin any credibility the sport has left.

Unfortunately many NASCAR talking heads have been talking about how "true" fans love all this green flag racing lately, and NASCAR is all gung ho about parity and keeping the competition levels close. The problem is that results in everyone going the same exact speed which makes for processional racing with no passing, no battles, no cars running into each other, no tempers flaring, no impatience and crazy moves, no drama! I don't need to see yellows because of wrecks. I just need to see actual intense racing, not just glorified slot cars!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:53 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Yea, parity is highly overrated. When they tout how 1st to 20th is covered by a hundredth or so, that just means it will be even harder to pass. But however bad the racing might be, let it play out. When NASCAR threw that BS caution with 14 to go, after watching attentively for 386 laps, I felt like someone just kicked me in the gut. I watch this thing for three hours only for the result to come down to a whimsical decision by someone in the tower that thought the race was too boring? Screw that.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:26 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

ChrisTRD wrote:
FYI Dave Moody tweeted that the debris was a "big hunka metal on backstretch, saw it myself".... Just sayin

Because Dave Moody is as impartial as they come in the NASCAR world.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:33 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I've heard enough of his show to get the impression that he wouldn't really bullshit about stuff like that. I don't always agree with his opinions but I really doubt he's a flat-out liar.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:51 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

I don't suppose he could, considering his line of work, I just get skeptical of him because he kisses NASCAR's ass on everything in the past.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:52 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Did he actually see the piece or did he hear about it from one of these honest safety workers? :P