TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:05 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 3854 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1189 190 191 192 193 Next
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:39 am 
The most anticipated member

The funniest part of the jet dryer incident was the track marshals cleaning up the track. They suddenly appeared with some three or four packs of Tide detergent right in front of the camera...it was funny because it was clear that was a merchandising, even the brazilian SPEED commentators were laughing about it....you know, americans do not lose the minimum chance of making merchandising. Guess Tide had profited from that situation.

Like, "the world is going to end" but hey, don't forget to buy Snickers on Walmart, only $ 2 a pack.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:10 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

That's actually bullshit. DW himself mentioned an incident quite awhile back when they used Tide to clean up another fuel spill/fire situation. And he mentioned it before the crew brought it out.

They had it because they knew there could be a situation where they might need it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:19 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

What do you expect them to do, buy one of each brand?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:00 am 
The most anticipated member

Of course Tide had paid for the exposure on Fox at prime time but lets suppose they hadn't, how can you prove to me Tide is better than brands X, Y and Z in these situations? Right thing is avoid brand exposure on tv in case you don't pay for it, my opinion. There's a lot of competition on laundry detergent market, no kidding.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:50 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I dont know about everyone else, but I'm getting increasingly irritated by the stupidity of people regarding the rain issues we had this week. The pictures saying "Aww your race got rained out? That's cute..." While showing Le Mans cars etc, racing in the rain. It also shows a complete lack of understanding on how oval racing works, you cant just throw rain tires on it. Most of my friends are largely part of the Motocross community and it just bugs the shit out of me all the trash talking going on. (The Supercross race in 2008 at Daytona was run in the rain while the track was completely flooded.)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:55 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

J.Morelli wrote:
Of course Tide had paid for the exposure on Fox at prime time but lets suppose they hadn't, how can you prove to me Tide is better than brands X, Y and Z in these situations? Right thing is avoid brand exposure on tv in case you don't pay for it, my opinion. There's a lot of competition on laundry detergent market, no kidding.

So, how did Tide arrange for all this to happen so quickly?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:01 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Montoya intentionally wrecking to get Tide sponsorship IMO.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:02 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

J.Morelli wrote:
The funniest part of the jet dryer incident was the track marshals cleaning up the track. They suddenly appeared with some three or four packs of Tide detergent right in front of the camera...it was funny because it was clear that was a merchandising, even the brazilian SPEED commentators were laughing about it....you know, americans do not lose the minimum chance of making merchandising. Guess Tide had profited from that situation.

Like, "the world is going to end" but hey, don't forget to buy Snickers on Walmart, only $ 2 a pack.

are you fucking kidding me.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:18 am 
Sent from my SCH-R910 using Tapatalk

J.Morelli wrote:

They could use Cheer powder detergent and it would have the same effect. It's not really exposure but rather taking a household item and use it for something else beneficial. It just so happens that we use the brand Tide to refer to powder laundry detergent. Like how we use the term "Photoshop" to refer to digitally altered images instead of, say, Paint Shop Pro or Gimp. Or Sharpie to refer to permanent markers when we all know that there's more to the permanent marker market than Sharpie.

Point being, we use one brand to refer to a product when there's more to just that brand in that particular product.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:18 am 
"The Cricket"
"The Cricket"

J.Morelli wrote:

wat.

Also, Kurt Busch needs a new spotter:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:24 am 

zippy wrote:
(The Supercross race in 2008 at Daytona was run in the rain while the track was completely flooded.)

Oh, dear God, I remember that race.

I also remember how awesome that was with all those GOING MUDDIN' moments going on and Chad Reed getting stuck on the final lap.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:05 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:08 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I believe the fire also paid FOX to appear on primetime tv. It's all a conspiracy to try to kill the foreign guy!.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:12 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

K_Sherman wrote:

LMFAO :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:44 am 
Not been fired yet!
Not been fired yet!

"This Fire delay is brought to you by Tide.

No matter how big, or explosive the stain, Tide gets the job done.

Tide Official Detergent of NASCAR"

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:01 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Why was nothing said about Juan going that fast under caution or atleast through a zone where safety vehicles were present? I don't think you are allowed to go that fast other than when the track has been cleared of safety vehicles and they've been given the one to go so wavearounds can speed around the track. It would've been a disaster if there was any personnel out on the track there too.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:10 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Nobody was hurt, so it's ok.

</sarcasm>

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:14 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Only in America, can you have a truck full of jet fuel, drive around the track and be called a saftey truck :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:19 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I'd find it funny if after all this, Tide ramps up their NASCAR program and sponsors a team full-time.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:21 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Sandeep Banerjee wrote:
Why was nothing said about Juan going that fast under caution or atleast through a zone where safety vehicles were present? I don't think you are allowed to go that fast other than when the track has been cleared of safety vehicles and they've been given the one to go so wavearounds can speed around the track. It would've been a disaster if there was any personnel out on the track there too.

How slow should he have been going? Even at the 70mph pace speed, losing a tire randomly and hitting a jet dryer would have had the same results. Like Steve Park's accident at Dover 10 years ago, you just can't protect against that kind of random occurrence.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 3854 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1189 190 191 192 193 Next