TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:39 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 407 posts ]  Go to page Previous 117 18 19 20 21 Next

The 2011 Sprint Cup Series Champion will be...
Carl Edwards 20%  20%  [ 12 ]
Tony Stewart 80%  80%  [ 49 ]
Total votes: 61
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:14 am 
There are number of people who complain about certain drivers.
There are number of people who complain about certain drivers.

Finally the wins make the diference, Edwards had an impressive Chase, but Tony winning five races should have and in the end made the all important difference! 5 > 1 = 3 > 0 :)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:19 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Really stoked for Tony!

3x TBKL rFactor Hillclimb champion

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:04 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

I just read the news what a drive by SMOKE. Need to watch a re-run of this.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:27 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

From the Truck Series on Twitter.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:52 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Dillon looks like a 5 year old who is unhappy about something.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:45 am 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

That was the first NASCAR Race I've enjoyed for a long time. It had some great racing and good tension, and a proper battle for the title.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:56 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Well, like Chris A, I was in the minority in pulling for Carl Edwards here.

I mean, yeah, he did some pretty despicable stuff in 2010 with the Brad Keselowski situation. I'm by no means defending anything he did, but before then, and since then, Carl's been pretty respectable on track. I say this in hopes that some day soon, I can actually pull for Kyle Busch's incredible level of talent, whenever he decides to right the wrongs he's made.

That being said, I was disappointed to see Tony Stewart win; not only was it because he's already won it before, but because of the aforementioned "Earnhardt wanna-be" image he's somehow cultivated himself. Even when he was clearly in the wrong (ex: most of 2006!), he'd somehow say something to get the fans eating it up from the palm of his hand by saying "If Earnhardt was here, blah blah blah" on several occasions that season. Nothing like getting the sport's biggest fan base all of a sudden cheering for you, even when you've done something asshole-ish a few times during the season.

Skip to about 1:30 for the comment that makes my eyes roll every time I hear it, five years later.

However, like Carl, Tony has taken steps to be less of an asshole. He's a hell of a talent, and had incredible guts to start his "own" team. It's basically a glorified Hendrick stable, but someone's gotta run it, and Tony's done well.

That race last night was insanely entertaining, and Tony drove like a man possessed. Kudos to him, and though I was pulling against him for the same reason I've been pulling against Jimmie in recent weeks, at least it wasn't Kyle or Kurt.

I sure as hell don't have a sour taste in my mouth like I did in '04, that's for sure! :)

*edit*

I wish I could have found a clip that didn't have some douchebag holding a camera commenting in the background. lol

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:15 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Just got back from the race, and what a fucking race indeed. Everyone in the crowd was on their feet cheering all night, especially whenever Carl or Tony made a move towards the front, took the lead, and during Tony's 3-wide divebomb restarts. For anyone who believes in 'canned cheers' being used by the networks, trust me when I say this was legit. Tony was in beast mode all night.

All in all, I'm glad we didn't get to see a horse crowned the Sprint Cup champion.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:28 pm 
2011 TBK-Light Best Looking Member award winner
2011 TBK-Light Best Looking Member award winner

Myself in the Loudon thread wrote:
I hope Stewart wins every Chase race this year.

I was half right.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:31 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Forgot to mention, about 10 mins after the checkered flag, it started pouring. To think what would've happened if it ended later than it did.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:48 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I'm anxiously awaiting the Pick Five's results... I'm hoping that's the best thing that comes out of the weekend for me. lol

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:18 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Sportitalia decided not to show the race, not live, not the highlights. They listed the highlights at noon today, instead they decided to just say who won the championship. And my internet connection didn't work so I couldn't catch a streaming. I still haven't watched the race.
Seems it was an epic finale :(

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:49 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Just to stir the pot, I know it's one of those stupid "what if" type things, but.. at Loudon, where Tony won, Kenseth finished 6th, Ragan 7th, Edwards 8th.

If David Ragan had let Edwards finish ahead of him (Ragan not in the Chase, so you could see him letting his teammate by), and everything else stayed the same, Edwards would've won the title by 1 point.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:56 pm 
Not been fired yet!
Not been fired yet!

SirVanhan wrote:
Sportitalia decided not to show the race, not live, not the highlights. They listed the highlights at noon today, instead they decided to just say who won the championship. And my internet connection didn't work so I couldn't catch a streaming. I still haven't watched the race.
Seems it was an epic finale :(

I'm thinking of streaming the whole thing "AS LIVE" tonight or tommorrow, for those who missed out...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:13 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Andre wrote:
Well, like Chris A, I was in the minority in pulling for Carl Edwards here.

I mean, yeah, he did some pretty despicable stuff in 2010 with the Brad Keselowski situation. I'm by no means defending anything he did, but before then, and since then, Carl's been pretty respectable on track. I say this in hopes that some day soon, I can actually pull for Kyle Busch's incredible level of talent, whenever he decides to right the wrongs he's made.

That being said, I was disappointed to see Tony Stewart win; not only was it because he's already won it before, but because of the aforementioned "Earnhardt wanna-be" image he's somehow cultivated himself. Even when he was clearly in the wrong (ex: most of 2006!), he'd somehow say something to get the fans eating it up from the palm of his hand by saying "If Earnhardt was here, blah blah blah" on several occasions that season. Nothing like getting the sport's biggest fan base all of a sudden cheering for you, even when you've done something asshole-ish a few times during the season.

Skip to about 1:30 for the comment that makes my eyes roll every time I hear it, five years later.

However, like Carl, Tony has taken steps to be less of an asshole. He's a hell of a talent, and had incredible guts to start his "own" team. It's basically a glorified Hendrick stable, but someone's gotta run it, and Tony's done well.

That race last night was insanely entertaining, and Tony drove like a man possessed. Kudos to him, and though I was pulling against him for the same reason I've been pulling against Jimmie in recent weeks, at least it wasn't Kyle or Kurt.

I sure as hell don't have a sour taste in my mouth like I did in '04, that's for sure! :)

*edit*

I wish I could have found a clip that didn't have some douchebag holding a camera commenting in the background. lol

So you are willing to forgive Earl for something he did 18 months ago but you won't give Tony a pass for something he said 5 years ago? :p

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:48 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

heheh I see the point you are making, and I agree. I was at that Pocono race, and I think that's the main reason that whole incident (and the Matt Kenseth one at Daytona) sticks out in my mind more. It's just coincidence (I suppose) it was Carl Edwards on the recieving end of that one.

One thing that has always driven me frickin' mad since I started watching the sport is snarky remarks. Regardless of who it's by, they tend to piss me off; Tony's full of 'em. While on one side of the coin, they're funny, on the other, they're just disrespectful and get stale pretty quickly. "OMG this is hilarious, Tony downright owning a reporter!" Nothing like making a guy doing his job (as dumb as his question may be) feel like an utter pile of shit. *shrugs*

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:49 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

i prefer seeing snarky remarks rather than vanilla responses.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:19 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

You can be funny or not-vanilla without being an ass. :)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:34 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Carl Edwards is the classiest guy in the sport. At least that's the persona that he projects when he's out of the car. I don't believe it for a second personally. If you agitate him even slightly, good luck. There's a 99% chance that he's overreact to an extreme that is usually only topped by a Kyle Busch bitchfit.

Just ask Brad Keselowski. The Atlanta incident aside, what happened at Gateway was despicable, and anything but classy in any way.

The class is nothing more than two-faced bullshit. How anyone can support him, much less call him the classiest driver in the NASCAR is absolutely stunning to me.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:58 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Starlancer wrote:
Carl Edwards is the classiest guy in the sport. At least that's the persona that he projects when he's out of the car. I don't believe it for a second personally. If you agitate him even slightly, good luck. There's a 99% chance that he's overreact to an extreme that is usually only topped by a Kyle Busch bitchfit.

Just ask Brad Keselowski. The Atlanta incident aside, what happened at Gateway was despicable, and anything but classy in any way.

The class is nothing more than two-faced bullshit. How anyone can support him, much less call him the classiest driver in the NASCAR is absolutely stunning to me.

This. As I said before, Carl's split personality act is downright scary sometimes. Tony's an asshole, but he's an asshole consistently. Carl's just got the humble-good-guy act down incredibly well when a mic is in his face, but you only have to look back at 3 incidents to know how dangerous he can be:

* Near-homicide on Kezelowski last year at Atlanta
* Ramming Earnhardt Jr and nearly amputating his hand after the 2006 Michigan Busch race
* Faking a punch against his own teammate (Kenseth) at Martinsville 2007.

And the fact that he maintains such a clean-cut persona off the track gives me no indication that he's any less homicidal underneath it all.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 407 posts ]  Go to page Previous 117 18 19 20 21 Next