TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:18 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 884 posts ]  Go to page Previous 141 42 43 44 45
 Post subject: Re: The Talladega 500
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:21 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Just got back from my trip to Talladega, what a crazy experience! The fans at that place are crazy, camping in the infield is crazy, and the racing is crazy, even with the 2-car drafts. I actually enjoyed yesterday's race more than the racing at Daytona this year. :wave:

Sat in Birmingham tower at row 31 right were all the action was, if anyone is planning to go next year that is the place to sit!

:flag:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:53 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Smith's hit was absolutely huge. Not often you see THAT much of the safer barrier flexing.

I found the racing a little dull to start with but I did actually get into it at the finish. There was quite a crazy pack behind the 2 leaders. Dave Blaney 3rd, and the 38 team finally into the top 35. Happy with that.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:59 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

First time chiming in about the Cup race, and it comes after skimming through several hilarious pages of discussion! :)

First off, I totally understand people for disliking the 48 bunch. The guy wins so damn much, it's the "Jeff Gordon of the late 90's" syndrome. Still, disliking him for winning is like hating me for fixing stuff at work (it's my job as a tech guy). "DAMMIT ANDRE, YOU FIXED ME UP AGAIN. I hate the hell out of you, you know. I hope you never fix anything ever again!!!"

As for Gordon getting dumped, it sucked big time. But hey - I wouldn't doubt Bayne had Jack Roush or Matt Kenseth hollering in his ears to get off the 24's bumper, and even if he did have a say in it, I doubt Trevor could have done much to "un-latch" from Matt and get to Jeff.

It sucks, but hey, to me at this point, JAFF isn't going to win the title. He might as well finish 27th if he isn't going to win a race.

That's my thinking, anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:48 pm 
Eddie Jordan

Pretty decent race, imo. Really missed not being there!

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 884 posts ]  Go to page Previous 141 42 43 44 45