TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:08 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 491 posts ]  Go to page Previous 121 22 23 24 25
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:13 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Joey has it correct.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:14 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Racing at Degatona is always going to be an anomaly and this is just another stage of evolution of that anomaly. Expecting the plates to be taken off is about as realistic as going back to cloth helmets and dirt tracks. I honestly don't see anything wrong with this tango thing anymore. Yes, you need a wingman but few had problems getting one. Heck, even Andy Lally was winging it with Uncle Terry up in the Top-10. All the things you have to do in the car now is mind-blowing and the chances of it going wrong are as high as ever. The only thing I can suggest is reducing the coolant pressure limit to where they can only stay hooked up for a lap at most. That way we will see a mix of pack and tango racing, like the 2010 Dega race.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:58 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Sandeep Banerjee wrote:
Racing at Degatona is always going to be an anomaly and this is just another stage of evolution of that anomaly. Expecting the plates to be taken off is about as realistic as going back to cloth helmets and dirt tracks. I honestly don't see anything wrong with this tango thing anymore. Yes, you need a wingman but few had problems getting one. Heck, even Andy Lally was winging it with Uncle Terry up in the Top-10. All the things you have to do in the car now is mind-blowing and the chances of it going wrong are as high as ever. The only thing I can suggest is reducing the coolant pressure limit to where they can only stay hooked up for a lap at most. That way we will see a mix of pack and tango racing, like the 2010 Dega race.

This. Back in the "pack racing" days everyone remembers so fondly, fans and drivers were complaining about the lack of throttle response and resulting lack of input by individual drivers in the racing. Back when the big one truly was the big one and took out most of the field, what wasn't so fun was the farce of a race that took place between the 10-15 cars remaining. It's always been uniquely flawed racing, it's just the flaws that change.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:08 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

D-Man wrote:
Question? If it is illegal to push a car on the last lap to the win, how are any of these races with the two car drafts legal wins?
I've always known the rule as it's illegal to push somebody on the last lap if they are out of gas. Not that you can't push anybody at all.

Of course NASCAR doesn't make their rule book readily available so that's hard to just go and look up.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:37 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

TheShermanator wrote:
Of course NASCAR doesn't make their rule book readily available so that's hard to just go and look up.

Because it's written in pencil, everyone knows that.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:40 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I thought it was in crayon actually.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:40 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Invisible ink imo.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:50 pm 
Sent from my SCH-R910 using Tapatalk
Sent from my SCH-R910 using Tapatalk

I always use this as the official rulebook of NASCAR, anyway:
http://www.sportsargumentwiki.com/index ... R_Rulebook

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:02 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Speedworx wrote:
zippy wrote:
I just watched the race back on TV, and I have to say they missed a really important segment of the race between rounds of green flag stops. Behind the 4 or 5 groups of 2-car hookups, the rest of the field had started a single file line and sometimes double file line of drafting just like it was before the tandem drafts began and they were actually gaining time on the tandems ahead of them until they broke up into 2's again and got spread apart. Everyone in the stands would cheer when they went by racing like they used to, nobody was really watching the leaders, and I'm really surprised TNT made no mention of it at all.

Can't say I noticed this. I have the race on my Sky+, will look for it tomorrow.

don't waste your time, TNT didn't show it much, I only noticed cos I was watching on one of the hotpass channels and noticed they were closing in on the telemetry, think they took something like 16 seconds out of the leaders in about 5 laps.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:02 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Philthy82 wrote:
It's always been uniquely flawed racing, it's just the flaws that change.

Quoted for absolute truth.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:42 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Philthy82 wrote:
It's always been uniquely flawed racing, it's just the flaws that change.

Yep, if the truth didn't hurt, that would almost be the perfect slogan for the 500.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 491 posts ]  Go to page Previous 121 22 23 24 25