TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 8:52 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 255 posts ]  Go to page Previous 19 10 11 12 13
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:53 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

You can't expect excitement every lap every race. NASCAR and a lot of fans need to understand that.

It's some of the artificial stuff that they do to try and make the racing 'better' that I find more annoying then a no caution follower the leader parade.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:31 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Gabriel wrote:
Quote:
@Amy_Madison: My fiance, who's was a tire changer at today's race, said Childress put Kyle in a headlock and punched him 3x!!!!

Maybe Richard Childress was attempting to knock some sense into him. Wheather he was successful or not remains to be seen.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:31 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I'm all for the new rules of the past years. The Lucky Dog gives lapped cars something to race for, while the Wave Around prevents you from getting screwed when some retard brings out the caution right after you've made your green flag pit stop. That was always one of the most stupidest things that could happen to anybody and would usually pretty much take them out of contention for a good finish. Not to mention how ridiculous it looked to have all these lapped cars starting in front of the leader and then overdriving to keep the leader behind them and hoping for a caution.

The other thing is in the old days, equipment (and drivers) down the order were a lot worse than today. So you had someone blowing an engine, or just tooling up and losing control a lot more often than they do now. Not that I'm justifying NASCAR's hair trigger for cautions during the occasionally boring middle portions of some of these races, but in the end, they still have to race it out and put themselves in the right positions to capitalize and win. The truly great drivers come out on top anyway because they're more versatile and can hustle a car on a long run as well as a quick sprint.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:58 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

bza420 wrote:
Sandeep Banerjee wrote:
I love these fuel mileage finishes, they keep you on edge till the flag drops. Good job by Kez and Wolfe to play that one out to perfection. Too bad for Jr. but to finish 2nd after starting out running Top-25 is massive indication of how much they've turned that ship around from last year when it would sink more as the race went on.

yeah that is the good part about this season if people noticed he used to start dropping back after midway in a race last year and b4 but this year hes actually one of the fastest cars at the end. now if they could just get the qualifying back to 2008 standards when he had Darian Grubb. losing Grubb i think hurt him worse than anything imo. crew chiefs get all the recognition but car chiefs are just as important. just look at Ron Malec. lol and hate the 48

I am just going to say it, Lance Mcgrew sucks as a crew cheif, at least at Hendrick. Look at the way Mark Martin has ran this year, not very Mark Martin like. He lucked into a second at Martinsville and thats it. Granted, Mark has made some odd driving moves this year (Charlotte) but that could have been the shitty handling of the cars. Who knows.
, maybe he is just to old.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:57 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I'll disagree with most and say the racing yesterday wasn't really that bad. There were some pretty good battles for the lead at some points, and the cars looked somewhat unstable. Gotta love that...

Quite happy for Brad, and glad Jeff Gordon finally got a decent finish. Had it not been for those who stretched it, he was the next one in line! Ahhh well, good points day I guess.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:11 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Andre wrote:
and glad Jeff Gordon finally got a decent finish. Had it not been for those who stretched it, he was the next one in line! Ahhh well, good points day I guess.

So was (s)he.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:13 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Richard Childress fined $150,000

Quote:
NASCAR fined team owner Richard Childress $150,000 on Monday and placed him on probation through the end of the year for an altercation with driver Kyle Busch.

http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/nascar/tr ... id=6631508

Get a load of this pansy......

Childress should be ashamed of himself By Dean McNulty, Toronto Sun

Quote:
NASCAR Sprint Cup team owner Richard Childress should be ashamed of himself. He tackled Kyle Busch after the Camping World Truck series race at Kansas Speedway on Saturday and struck him in the face after putting him in a headlock as a result of Busch’s contact with RCR’s Joey Coulter during the cool-down lap. Let’s get this straight right away: Childress — owner of Richard Childress Racing — is a 65-year-old man who knows very well that he had 26-year-old Busch in a no-win situation. If Busch fights back he is seen as picking on a senior citizen and if he doesn’t — as he did not at Kansas — he is seen as a somewhat wimpish. Well it says here that he is neither.

Busch did the right thing by not fighting back against an elderly man more than twice his age. Busch told SPEED TV that he was walking to his motor coach when confronted by Childress. “There was an incident in the Truck Series garage, as I was leaving my hauler on my way out to the motor home lot,” Busch said. “Unfortunately, (there) was an altercation between myself and Richard, and NASCAR’s looking into it to decipher all the facts of what happened and everything and make a decision based on all that.”

NASCAR must punish Childress severely for his boorish — bordering on criminal — behaviour. That punishment is expected to come Monday after NASCAR president Mike Helton put all the blame for the incident on Childress in a statement Sunday. “We’ve concluded that the driver of the No. 18 truck, Kyle Busch, did nothing to provoke or to cause the reactions that, in our opinion, would have violated probation,” Helton said. “He did nothing that would have warranted the actions of Richard Childress.”

As an interim measure Helton banned Childress from pit lane for Sunday’s STP 400, but that was really just a slap on the wrist. Could you imagine what the NBA or NHL would do if one of its team owners came down from the stands and pounded on one of the players. A $1-million fine in this case might not even be enough. Maybe take 43 points — the equivalent of a race win — from each of his NASCAR teams would be a suitable punishment. Childress should in fact be contacting Busch to thank him for not seeking to have the RCR owner charged with criminal assault, something Busch — to his credit — said he would not pursue.

http://www.torontosun.com/2011/06/05/ch ... of-himself

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:19 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Yes, definitely take points from all three Cup teams who had nothing to do with the situation. Idiot.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:33 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Well worth the money...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:58 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Punching Kyle Busch several times can be an opportunity of a lifetime.

Quote:
For the second year in a row, OldAsphalt takes the ARCA pick 'ems crown!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:16 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

There's a reason folks call him Dean McNutty.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:43 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Wow, $150,000........ Nascar sure doesn't beat around the Busch....Childress did though.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:06 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

the canadian media always flips out about this stuff. just like the chara hit. OMG LETS SEND HIM TO JAIL FOR LYFE

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:01 am 
Sent from my SCH-R910 using Tapatalk
Sent from my SCH-R910 using Tapatalk

dr dog wrote:
the canadian media always flips out about this stuff. just like the chara hit. OMG LETS SEND HIM TO JAIL FOR LYFE

God, don't remind me about that. Easily the most annoying thing I've ever seen in my life.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:37 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Boxy Brown wrote:
Wow, $150,000........ Nascar sure doesn't beat around the Busch....Childress did though.

:lol:

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 255 posts ]  Go to page Previous 19 10 11 12 13