TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 1:16 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:09 am 
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner

This NNS race must have been pretty ordinary if there are only a half dozen posts about it

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:23 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Kyle and Carl are just killing the Nationwide series. They are so much faster than everyone else (not surprising given they're both among the top five best active drivers in Cup too) that they take all the buzz out of the series that otherwise has a pretty level spread of talent from third to tenth in most races. It's a crying shame that NASCAR don't recognize this problem.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:17 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

They are both very fast in Cup, but to be honest, I don't see any of them winning a Cup title. Records in NWS, 0 titles in Cup. Kind of like Mark Martin.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:21 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I think if Kyle focused his efforts solely on cup he could easily contend for a championship. As long as he's distracting himself with dominating in the Nationwide Series, he'll never live up to his full potential.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:22 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

TheShermanator wrote:
I think if Kyle focused his efforts solely on cup he could easily contend for a championship. As long as he's distracting himself with dominating in the Nationwide Series, he'll never live up to his full potential.

I heard something about Jimmie refusing to race in other series for this reason. I could be wrong though.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:44 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

It's hard to say really. Harvick dips down the levels almost as much as Kyle and look how he nearly won the Cup last year. Of course, keyword is nearly, but still, we all agree he had a better season than Jimmie overall. It certainly takes away focus during a weekend, there's no question about that. The question is how much does it pay off in return in terms of getting a better grip on the tire, track conditions and everything else to negate the distraction that it causes. That's something only the driver knows, I guess. I just wish they'd be restricted in the number of starts they can make outside of Cup so they only choose to run the Cup companion events and skip the standalone races atleast.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:45 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Kyle always have miserable first chase races getting hit and having mechanical problems. He never had a chance at the title. I'm sure he can focus on the title if he finds himself in the first places of the chase race after 3 or 4 races.

And this Nashville race had some decent racing from 90tg to 25tg. And that was the best racing I ever saw at this track for more than 5 laps (and that wasn't really good). All because of several cautions. This place is shit.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:18 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Might make the Cup races better if nobody had an advantage from running the Nationwide/Truck races the day before.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 8:07 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

kyle should have been the champion in 2008 but his car decided to break in like 5 out of 10 chase races.