TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:52 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7 Next
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:47 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Here is an update that was posted earlier this morning. I guess today might be a pretty uneventful day.

Quote:
This morning's surgery has been postponed. Will update more later when it's been rescheduled. Thanks for the thoughts and prayers. Keep them coming!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:44 am 

In case you missed it, the update on why the surgery was delayed, not a good day it sounded like:

Quote:
good evening friends we have had a little bumpy road nothing to be too alarmed about first surgery got postponed due to irregular heartbeat nothing uncommon then we had some build up of yuck in lungs they they removed breathing much smoother and easier has slight fever not uncommon resting well thanks for all ur prayers and thoughts for him lisa

Was gonna make a second post for my $.02, but no need,

This is just a really tragic situation. I'm keeping Shane and his family and friends in my prayers. It's even more sad that things appeared to be heading in the right direction for him, but then this happens. I truly hope he pulls through this.

David

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:43 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Here is the latest update that was posted a couple of hours ago.

Quote:
just seen the big guy he is still heavily sedated and surgery is rescheduled for monday morning thanks to all lisa hmiel

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:15 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

This was posted a few hours ago.

Quote:
shane has had a peaceful day very stable surgery resceduled for monday Also congrats to shane"s teammate jerry coons, jr on his win toledo and to his great friend levi jones on winning the silver crown pts thanks for all ur prayers and thoughts they are greatly appreciated love to all lisa hmiel

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:47 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Here is an update that was posted this morning.

Quote:
good morning to all of shanes friends----he has a a very restful night spiked a little fever which is not uncommon ---- they have the cold blanket on him and giving him tylenol--the nurse was in the room working on some stuff and she was talking to herself about what she had to do he opened his eyes and she asked him if he heard her talking ti herself and he nodded yes ====

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:10 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Here is the latest update that was posted this evening. I copied and pasted it from facebook. This is how it appears on there.

Quote:
dont the best of days but getting vital signs more stable especially air exchange in lungs--he always wantedto go to moon askid well he is in the space capsule it looks like----much more stable and pneumonia breaking up due to face down and rotating bed---prayers r working people keep them coming love to all the hmiels

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:28 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Here is this morning's update. Sounds like he's improving.

Quote:
good morning JuST came back was on back out of capsule to access he answered commands by shaking head and moved arms fever down----was going back in bed to be flipped as i was leaving better day o2 turned down less yuck in lungs few more days in bed those prayers are sure working thanks everyone love to all the hmiels

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:42 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Here is the latest update with continued improvements.

Quote:
checked on our space man at 4 no fever and stats were awesome lets pray todays xray better than yesterday so they can flip him on his back and get this last surgery done and let his little face go down from being face down his lip reminds me of when he was little hanging out pouting lol people that know him didnt pout much --he got his way

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:06 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Here is an update that was posted less than 10 minutes ago. This surgery was orginally scheduled for last Monday but Shane had a bit of a fever that caused it to get pushed back.

Quote:
surgery update--- nurse just came out and said things are going excellent---first thought would have to close off vein but now think they can use a coil to fix---prayers and fingers crossed love to all

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:31 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I guess it's a good sign when the surgeons were impressed with themselves after the surgery.

Quote:
SURGERY IS DONE AND SURGEONS WERE IMPRESSED WITH THEMSELVES====thought they would have to block cmpletely off but they were able to put coils in to close tear but remain open for blood flow to brain AWESOME thx for prayers love to all -------- lisa hmiel

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:47 pm 

That's awesome to hear. So glad to hear he is surviving after such an awful accident!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:07 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

New update that was posted this morning.

Quote:
good morning---had good night shane is not exactly pleased with his current situation by no means kinda pissed at things right now have assured him it would get better---icu doctors said maybe out of icu in 4-5 days------doing good on breating---best friend levi and heidi jones delivered cru riley jones this morning

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:26 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Quote:
cru riley jones

man....

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:13 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

This update was posted an hour ago. It's a major update and a positive one as well.

Quote:
GOOD MORNING----- wheels up in the morning charlotte bound whoop whoop i cant wait---will update all about when people can start to visit and things need to get him settled he is very anxious---pissed--and happy all at the same time--a little bird told me he has missed his mom ---- love my boys thanks to tyler steve and lindsey and memaw they made it possible for me to come home for a few days was leaving this afternoon to go back but i will meet him in charlotte in morning great day love to all

This means that he's going to begin rehab.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:52 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Cheers for the update, good to hear :thumbsup: Has there been any indication on whether he is speaking?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:00 am 

So glad to hear that update :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:29 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Philthy82 wrote:
Cheers for the update, good to hear :thumbsup: Has there been any indication on whether he is speaking?

The update that was posted this morning said that he was about to begin occupational and speech therapy very soon. He's not speaking yet but it sounds like he's close.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:01 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Glad to hear he will be out of ICU soon, that is a horrible place.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:30 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

the ost wrote:
Glad to hear he will be out of ICU soon, that is a horrible place.

He was taken out of ICU right before he was transported to Charlotte to begin rehab. The latest update I heard was that he had his first shave since the accident.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:15 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Here is a new update. It looks like he's going to be on the move again.

Quote:
sorry about no post this morning but tyler sat with shane duriing his therapies while steve and I went home to see pups and also prepare for shane's transfer to the shepherds spinal cord rehab in atlanta, ga----we think this will be much better lopporunity for rehab even though away from home ranked top 2 in country ---- hot lanta here comes the hmielwalds leave charlotte 7 30 am monday so so so ready good night IF YOU LIVE IN THE CHARLOTTE AREA DONT FORGET SILENT AUCTION NOV 17TH AT 4 AND THE COMEDY ZONE AT 9 THANKS AGAIN AND HERE WE GOOOOO

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7 Next