TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:08 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:07 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

It sounds like Shane Hmiel is a very, very lucky man right now. I hope his recovery goes well, even though it will be a long road but the reports sound encouraging so far.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:16 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Bitching and arguing over who can diagnose the cause of a serious accident is in serious bad taste and makes the whole forum look bad by association.

Maybe in like 2 months or whatever when his condition is improving but not now, the "too soon" rules apply here.

As for Shane, despite everything I always kinda liked him, mainly because he ran the 47 car in BUSCH for so long just as I was getting into NASCAR on Motors, so I certainly hope things get better for him very soon...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:24 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Here are a couple of updates from his mom that was posted on the Shane Hmiel-Road to Recovery page on Facebook.

Quote:
shane update. waiting ti go to surgery. 5-7 hrs. been sleeping a lot but nodding when I yell and make him hear me. imagine my big mouth. he is probably and hopefully telling me to shut the hell up under his breath. this surgery is very critical and long and serious. prayers r greatly appr...eciated. love to all. I know u r all thinking about us. thanks.
See More

This is the most recent update posted about 5 minutes ago:

Quote:
just
go call from operating room. things going very well but no time limit.
ok friends means no time limit on prayers. keep in going. rally with us

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:31 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

codename_47 wrote:
Bitching and arguing over who can diagnose the cause of a serious accident is in serious bad taste and makes the whole forum look bad by association.

Maybe in like 2 months or whatever when his condition is improving but not now, the "too soon" rules apply here.

Yes. Let's wait for 2 months to discuss this accident. Most serious accidents are not reviewed/discussed/analyzed until at least 2 months after the fact.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:39 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

cArmAkAze wrote:
codename_47 wrote:

Yes. Let's wait for 2 months to discuss this accident. Most serious accidents are not reviewed/discussed/analyzed until at least 2 months after the fact.

Calling people assholes and dicks over who has the best theory on how he gained serious injuries is not the best way to go about discussing it, that's all I'm saying.

And yes I realise it wasn't you doing it...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:47 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

My theory: shit happens.

And comparing sprint car crashes to stock car crashes should always be immediately pointed out as garbage.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:46 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Here are the latest updates that were posted on Shane Hmiel's facebook group from his family. The older of the two updates is first.

Quote:
We would like to thank everyone for all there prayers and support. He is in second surgery and we have heard it is going awesome. Please keep your prayers coming they are making a difference. We will keep you updated as information come in.--The Hmiel Family

Quote:
Second surgery exceeded expectations. Doctors are encouraged by his progress.

Everything sounds very encouraging based on the most recent updates.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:29 am 
Head Muppet

FHgrad99 wrote:
Here are the latest updates that were posted on Shane Hmiel's facebook group from his family. The older of the two updates is first.

Quote:
We would like to thank everyone for all there prayers and support. He is in second surgery and we have heard it is going awesome. Please keep your prayers coming they are making a difference. We will keep you updated as information come in.--The Hmiel Family

Quote:
Second surgery exceeded expectations. Doctors are encouraged by his progress.

Everything sounds very encouraging based on the most recent updates.

Awesome news.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:04 am 

Thats great news :), was that his last surgery?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:49 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I believe his last surgery was yesterday afternoon/evening.

Here is the latest update from his family this morning.

Quote:
Had comfortable night. Looks good and moved both arms on command. Thanks for prayers and keep them coming. -- The Hmiel Family

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:40 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Here's a new update. It was posted a little over 30 minutes ago.

Quote:
shane is going down for down at 2 30 for angioplasty i
to ck his carotid artery to see if stretched If its thin they will put in stinit thx for your contiued prayers that greatly appreciated by me steve and tyler and the rest of his family and millions of friends thx

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:44 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

just caught the latest updated a couple mins ago:
Quote:
Shane just had angioplasty and has a torn artery. Nothing real major but surgery will happen to correct in the next day or two. Keep the prayers coming! -- The Hmiel Family

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:37 am 
Head Muppet

Saw something that said he had a "halfway" basilar skull fracture.

Also, these are on sale for $5 a piece, no shipping charge. Proceeds go directly to the Hmiel family:
http://www.usacracing.com/store/shane-h ... decal.html

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:40 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

buster hymen wrote:
Saw something that said he had a "halfway" basilar skull fracture.

Also, these are on sale for $5 a piece, no shipping charge. Proceeds go directly to the Hmiel family:
http://www.usacracing.com/store/shane-h ... decal.html

Dave Moody on Sirius NASCAR Radio reported that there were unconfirmed reports saying the same thing. If that's true, this man is beyond lucky to survive this accident

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:39 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Here is the latest update that was posted by his family on the facebook page a couple of hours ago.

Quote:
Drains have been removed so no internal bleeding (from surgery) which will improve waking up. He is opening his eyes more often, moving his arms and squeezing our hands. Keep the prayers coming! -- The Hmiel Family

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:16 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Here is the latest update that was posted a few hours ago.

Quote:
good morning friends---have been sitting with shane most of the night. Been resting peaceful and having moments of wide awake and aware. Your prayers and thoughts and comments are gratefully appreciated. Its been me and big guy so been reading post thanks

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:22 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Here is the update that was posted this morning.

Quote:
good morning to all ---- Shane was awake off and on yesterday. but since we have one last surg on friday they doont want to remove the vent tube and replace friday due to infection and damage. Much like his mom he was highly agigated at not being able to talk and the discomfort from tube So we made decision to keep him sedated until after surgery. keep those prayers coming thx to all

I can only imagine his frustration of trying to talk but being unable to because of a tube stuck in your mouth.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:41 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

FHgrad99 wrote:
I can only imagine his frustration of trying to talk but being unable to because of a tube stuck in your mouth.

Yeah, it must be very frustating for him. Bu the surely understands that's for the best.

I'd buy one of those stickers, but there is no point since probably the shipping would cost more than $5.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:44 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Them old short trackers are tough as nails so if they had let him stay awake, he probably woulda yanked that tube out. Just hard headedness. Glad to hear things are going well for him.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:48 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Here is an update that was posted earlier this evening. Sounds like it was a pretty uneventful day.

Quote:
good evening to all shane's supporters ----he has had a very restful day ok is surgery for the vein in his neck is sceduled at 8 am so prayers and thoughts will be appreciated and have been grateful appreciated thanks to all from the hmiel"s actually shane refers to us as the "hmielwalds"

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next