TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:20 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 505 posts ]  Go to page Previous 122 23 24 25 26
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:00 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

The Nationwide series should hold it's next inaugural event at your local fairgrounds

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:21 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

The truck series still has its own identity for the most part. Other than when Kyle decides to stink up the show, you're always talking about Hornaday, Skinner, Crafton, Peters and guys that are established stars in the series only but you can't say the same for Nationwide where the weekly top-10 is pretty much Cup guys.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:38 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Philthy82 wrote:
I guess I'm not as elitist as some about the standard of track or show we should be allowing in NASCAR these days, but who gives a shit? The fact remains this event is a lone bright spot in an increasingly pointless series. That's probably an indication of how fucked Nationwide is these days, but I've loved every race they've run at Montreal. Racing in the rain, international drivers, an event outside of the US. The rest of the series and "competition" is a complete goatfuck and you think this track is worth complaining about? Show me another Nationwide race that gets this much attention these days.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:48 am 
"The Cricket"
"The Cricket"

Memy Selfandi wrote:
Gabriel wrote:
Starlancer wrote:
They should just run the straight line into the first corner then, not the little double curve. That might help a little bit.

Track's fine. Teams need to hire competent drivers, that's all.

Track is not meant for 3400 lb stock cars. The corners are too tight, the braking zones too short.... if it were a clusterfuck due to inexperienced drivers, you wouldn't see villeneuve punching boris said or boris wrecking steven lollace. The track is set up for high end race cars, not heavy awkward stock cars.

For what it's worth, it isn't like the "high end race cars" haven't managed to clusterfuck just as bad if not worse

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:59 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Like I'm saying, get some non-pro drivers in the series and return to the short tracks, then Montreal might be worth whinging about. I'd love to see it back at that level.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 505 posts ]  Go to page Previous 122 23 24 25 26