TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 4:33 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 208 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 611 Next
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:19 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

Sandeep Banerjee wrote:
I believe Carl when he says he didn't expect that to happen because people have spun out in Atlanta's trioval many, many times the past (and many other tracks like it) and rarely ever taken off like that.

I don't believe him, because he's a moron. He has shown it in the past, and has shown it again. You turn a car doing 190mph and its going to go upwards.

Quote:
The fact that Brad's in that position that if it were someone else no one would've said anything doesn't speak well for Brad and the reputation he's built up, does it? He keeps saying he's not here to make friends.. well, then be prepared to face your worst enemies, Brad. This is only the beginning.

So because Brad has a reputation that means he is automatically guilty of any situation he is in, and should be able to predict the stupidity of other drivers then? Carl caused the first accident by coming down over a car which was already there. It isn't Brads responsibility to make sure he isn't in Carls way - it is Carls to make sure there isn't a car in the position he is about to try and move to.

This has nothing to do with making friends and all that BS. It is to do with Carl taking the rules into his own hands and putting a car in the wall/on it's lid because he felt he was wronged.

Quote:
Oh please, like that one incident was the reason of it all. Brad's been taking people out like it's going out of style since last season. Remember at Memphis he got into Carl on the freakin backstretch for no reason and just spun him out, for example? Carl remembered all that. It's not just one incident that leads to things like this.

So when someone is wronged that makes it ok for the victim to play judge, jury and executioner? You know what's wrong with that (Apart from the obvious)? It's that you'll have people like Carl who are so hopped up on roids that when something doesn't go right for them they blame everybody else and go out and put cars in the wall.

It is not up to Carl to start policing the field. It is up to NASCAR to police the field. If NASCAR didn't penalise Brad for accident X, then NASCAR is the one that needs critised. In any rational society you cannot take that as a free ticket to start doing whatever the hell you want. Each incident needs dealt with separately, not as a series of incidents like this.

Carl should be parked for Bristol, and the 99 should not be allowed a replacement driver for the event. Maybe that'd get his crew chief and crew to start giving Carl the shit he deserves for doing this.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:24 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/81919

Quote:
"My options," he wrote. "Considering that Brad wrecks me with no regard for anyone's safety or hard work, should I: A) Keep letting him wreck me? B) Confront him after the race? C) Wait till Bristol and collect other cars? or D) Take care of it now?

"I want to be clear that I was surprised at his flight and very relieved when he walked away. Every person has to decide what code they want to live by and hopefully this explains mine."

Option B, numbnuts.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:34 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

David, like I said, I agree that Carl should be suspended otherwise this will send a message to the other drivers that it's ok to do the same thing, but I don't want the whole tide to be turned against Carl just because of this and for everyone to suddenly make Brad out to be an innocent victim. He very much had something like this coming for a long time. I'd definitely agree Atlanta is not the kind of place to have it and I'm just glad no one was hurt, but he had it coming.

Quote:
It is not up to Carl to start policing the field. It is up to NASCAR to police the field. If NASCAR didn't penalise Brad for accident X, then NASCAR is the one that needs critised. In any rational society you cannot take that as a free ticket to start doing whatever the hell you want. Each incident needs dealt with separately, not as a series of incidents like this.

It's a tough line to tread. NASCAR don't want to be handing out penalties left and right for every little bump and nudge like many other series where they hand out drive-thru penalties even if you look at someone the wrong way. So they let the drivers police themselves as much as possible, especially more so this year as they announced. But then you have guys like Brad and Carl misusing that privilege so it's a tough line to tread for NASCAR. Personally, I like that NASCAR allows some bumping and banging and even some light retaliation. It's difficult for NASCAR to know where to draw the line as they don't want to police too much but not have it get out of control like this either.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:42 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Quote:
"My options," he wrote. "Considering that Brad wrecks me with no regard for anyone's safety or hard work, should I: A) Keep letting him wreck me? B) Confront him after the race? C) Wait till Bristol and collect other cars? or D) Take care of it now?

"I want to be clear that I was surprised at his flight and very relieved when he walked away. Every person has to decide what code they want to live by and hopefully this explains mine."

This is just so fucking retarded. If his "code" involves wrecking a guy at the end of the front stretch at 190+ mph then he's a fucking idiot who shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a race car. What's worse is that he seems to have disregarded the sensible options as stupid things to do.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:43 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Schumifan wrote:
What's worse is that he seems to have disregarded the sensible options as stupid things to do.

Because those sensible options have been tried on Brad quite a few times last season and it's failed.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:35 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My only concern is the possibiliy that NASCAR will pussy out and NOT suspend Carl for Bristol.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:39 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

That thought has been in my mind. To be honest, NASCAR wimping out about suspending him really wouldn't surprise me :(

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:44 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Harvick and Robby Gordon have both been suspended for very petulant on-track incidents, so surely they'll have to look at this as a more serious violation.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:44 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Harvick, Musgrave and Robby were suspended for far less so it would be surprising if they don't suspend Carl.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:48 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Chris A wrote:
Harvick and Robby Gordon have both been suspended for very petulant on-track incidents, so surely they'll have to look at this as a more serious violation.

You'd hope so wouldn't you? But we all know NASCAR can be very different with it's punishments.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:54 pm 
Power-Hungry Shithead Mod
Power-Hungry Shithead Mod

Yeah. "Consistently Inconsistent", eh?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:10 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

How soon everyone forgets what Brad did to Lagano at California as well huh? going acrossed the line at Cali he turned Lagano and that looked very intentional as well as he "drifted" up into lagano's LR 1/4 panel, hooked him and kept his foot in it going across the line. They are goign well over 175mph at that point of the track, no one murdered brad for doing that when to be honest, I was shocked that Joey's car didnt at least try to lift off.

Also, How do you know that Brad lifted when Carl was coming down? If your not goign to take Carl's word on what he thought would happen, then why take Brad's on the incident early in the race?

What Carl did was wrong for one reason, he did it at the wrong track.

Also, you CAN NOT say that Carl knew that Brad would take off or even think that that would happen. That was not going through his mind at all. All that was on Carl's mind when he saw Brad in front of him was ruining his day and getting what he thought was justice, I garuantee you thats what was going through his mind.

Im sorry if none of you like it but pay back always has been and always will be part of racing and sports in general and why is that? Because athletes are human and have human nature and are competetive. So emotions get the best of people.

Carl SHOULD be punished for what he did, the more I think about it the more I think he will just get some points and money taken away from him and thats it. I would be ok if he got a one race suspended but not disaointed if he didnt get suspended.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:31 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

If you drive like you are the king of the road like Brad was doing since last year at nationwide.... you will be having a wrecked car sooner or later, sooner tbh.

Remember when Denny Hamlin said that this guy (Brad) was pissing lot of people and someday somebody was going to CASH IN and he was hoping to be the first there....

Brad asked for it, welcome to sprint cup racing newbie, respect the pro's.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:26 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Location: 43 104 Kevin Lepage Chevrolet J Davis Motorsports.com 94.005 155.021 -20.183
This will all come down to what NASCAR thinks it's "Let them race" policy interprets into.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:09 pm 

Sandeep Banerjee wrote:
Harvick, Musgrave and Robby were suspended for far less so it would be surprising if they don't suspend Carl.

Ironically when Musgrave was suspended Keselowski filled in and should of won but got wrecked late in the race, this lead to him getting a trial run at JR Motorsports. I love Irony

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:20 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

lol

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:03 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I think Nascar should suspend Carl Edwards for what happened yesterday. I understand that Nascar's position when it comes to "letting them race" but there should be a line as far as how much they "let them race" goes. I feel that Carl Edwards crossed that line yesterday. He put Brad Keselowski and a lot of fans at risk by his actions yesterday. While nobody expected Keselowski's car to flip but there was intent on Edwards' part to wreck Keselowski on the fastest part of the track. Another poster said mentioned that Kevin Harvick, Robby Gordon and Ted Musgrave were all suspended for one race for incidents that were far less dangerous than this. I think Edwards will be suspended for at least Bristol and likely longer based on precedent.

I really don't understand Edwards. He was a very likable person earlier in his career and he overcame a lot to get to where he is in Nascar. Then he goes and pulls something like that yesterday. I don't know why he's changed but I don't like the change. Hopefully whatever punishment Edwards gets will cause him to grow up and not do anything that stupid ever again.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:15 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

I was thinking about those drivers that got suspeneded before. At the time NASCAR was being Mr. Nazi and was controling the drivers alot and I think that was a big factor in those suspensions.

NASCAR said now that the gloves are off. If thats the case, I dont htink he will get suspended. Probably a fine and some pts.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:19 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

OK, after a day of thinking about it, and talking with a couple of my buddies who race, I'm on the fence with this.

On the one hand, Carl's a douche but racing is racing and payback is part of it. The overriding fact is you have to take the flipping part out of the equation. If Brad just spun down through the grass then this issue wouldn't be near as big as it is. It would be Carl dispensing justice on an upstart punk who has to earn respect. Just because you won a race doesn't mean you are Gods gift to racing and can do whatever you want.

On the other hand, Carl's a douche and you cannot dispense said payback at a track as fast as Atlanta. The consequences are too great which were proven in the most violent way yesterday. Carl said he doesn't want to put anyone's safety in jeopardy and yet he explicitly did this by deliberately wrecking another driver. The hypocrisy alone deserves at least a one race suspension.

The crash should settle down Brad and putting Carl on ice for a couple weeks should settle him down along with send a message to the rest of the field.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:31 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

westracing01 wrote:
OK, after a day of thinking about it, and talking with a couple of my buddies who race, I'm on the fence with this.

On the one hand, Carl's a douche but racing is racing and payback is part of it. The overriding fact is you have to take the flipping part out of the equation. If Brad just spun down through the grass then this issue wouldn't be near as big as it is. It would be Carl dispensing justice on an upstart punk who has to earn respect. Just because you won a race doesn't mean you are Gods gift to racing and can do whatever you want.

On the other hand, Carl's a douche and you cannot dispense said payback at a track as fast as Atlanta. The consequences are too great which were proven in the most violent way yesterday. Carl said he doesn't want to put anyone's safety in jeopardy and yet he explicitly did this by deliberately wrecking another driver. The hypocrisy alone deserves at least a one race suspension.

The crash should settle down Brad and putting Carl on ice for a couple weeks should settle him down along with send a message to the rest of the field.

Thats what I said after I talked to some of my buddies who race as well. They said pay back is part of the game and the only thing carl did wrong was the track it was done at. I agree with you and your buddies. I would like a one race suspension but I doubt that will happen.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 208 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 611 Next