TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 3:23 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 208 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 511 Next
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:19 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

How come no one was calling for a suspension on Denny after homestead? is it honestly cuz Brad flipped here and not at homestead? Honest question. I know why I feel that way, Im just wondering what everyone elses reason is for?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:52 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Personally, Denny should've been parked for the Cup race the next day. I recall a number of years ago Kevin Harvick at Martinsville going on the radio and saying he was going to wreck someone in a truck race, not sure he did, but he was parked for the Cup race. Similar situation with Denny last year bragging on about how he'll handle Keselowski, went out and spun him and NASCAR did nothing. I know a few people on other boards were calling for Hamlin to be parked the next day, so it wasn't like no one was calling for him to be suspended.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:58 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

kentrulz wrote:
I recall a number of years ago Kevin Harvick at Martinsville going on the radio and saying he was going to wreck someone in a truck race, not sure he did, but he was parked for the Cup race.

It was in 2002, and yes, Harvick intentionally spun out Coy Gibbs (I think that's who it was).

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:07 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Coyotekart1 wrote:
How come no one was calling for a suspension on Denny after homestead? is it honestly cuz Brad flipped here and not at homestead? Honest question. I know why I feel that way, Im just wondering what everyone elses reason is for?

Hamlin did announce he was going to wreck Keselowski a week before he actually did it. And NASCAR did warn him well ahead of time not to do it, but he did it anyway, so they probably should've dropped the hammer on him.
Personally, I would be happy if Hamlin was banned from Nationwide competition for life.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:15 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Aight, I was just wondering what everyones feeling was on that cuz I didnt know if everyone was saying suspend him for a long time just as an over reaction to Brad going airborne or what.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:28 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Well, looking back at the Homestead thread there weren't exactly a whole lot of calls to ban Hamlin. NASCAR did screw up when they penalized Hamlin, though. When you black flag someone and park them a lap, they shouldn't still be eligible for the lucky dog and shouldn't be able to salvage a lead-lap, top-5 finish.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:46 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Carl posted this on his Facebook

Quote:
My options: Considering that Brad wrecks me with no regard for anyones safety or hard work, should I: A-Keep letting him wreck me? B-Confront him after the race? C-Wait til bristol and collect other cars? or D-Take care of it now? I want to be clear that I was surprised at his flight and very relieved when he walked away. Every person has to decide what code they want to live by and hopefully this explains mine.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:54 am 
Sent from my SCH-R910 using Tapatalk

KK3869 wrote:

Quote:
My options: Considering that Brad wrecks me with no regard for anyones safety or hard work, should I: A-Keep letting him wreck me? B-Confront him after the race? C-Wait til bristol and collect other cars? or D-Take care of it now? I want to be clear that I was surprised at his flight and very relieved when he walked away. Every person has to decide what code they want to live by and hopefully this explains mine.

D

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:58 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

KK3869 wrote:

Quote:

B. Be a real man, and hug it out or fight it out.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:07 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

All of this Carl Edwards hate-fest is just in vain, the reality is Carl is one of Nascar's poster boys and will receive the proverbial wrist-slap.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:44 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Brad didn't wreck you, Carl. You actually seemed to know that briefly while on camera. How convenient.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:16 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

I always thought he was alright, and I appreciated his sincerity back in 05-06.

But things started to get weird last year, and I knew something was up when he refused to take blame for flipping Jr. in the Daytona Busch race.

And then today happened, and I will never have respect for him again

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:58 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

The Daytona busch race was an total incident, Brad was coming down as Carl was going up. He misjudged and boom, Jr. goes flipping.

Today, like was said, payback is one thing, to do it at a 195mph track is another.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:05 am 

I still say it's fucking retarded to do it when you're about 150 laps down with three to go.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:13 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Coyotekart1 wrote:
The Daytona busch race was an total incident, Brad was coming down as Carl was going up. He misjudged and boom, Jr. goes flipping.

Yeah I know but it was weird how he didn't take blame because he used to always take blame for wrecks that he caused

Something happened to him last year

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:04 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I don't know why he gets extra flames for 'admitting it'. So all the guys that intent wreck and lie about it are ok in your book? Point is, Hamlin did this same thing to Brad last year at Homestead and everyone was cheering him on for it. Homestead's not exactly a slow place either.. you're doing 160-170 coming off the turns and Brad could very well have took off back then too. Now just because Brad took off when Carl did it to him, Carl's a murderer?

Brad, as much as I liked his aggressive style at first, he did overstep the line quite a few times since the past year. Giving someone a break just doesn't seem to exist in his computer. I can understand keeping your foot in it on the last lap like he did at Dega, but in yesterday's deal, it was too early in the race to be keeping his foot in it and not cutting Carl a break. Yes Carl came down but when faced with the option of not backing out and ending Carl's day or backing out and letting him continue, with almost 300 laps still left to run, I think most would chose the first option if they want to earn any sort of respect in the sport. Brad has been choosing the second option for a while now and sadly, it's blown up in his face like this.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:53 am 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

Sandeep Banerjee wrote:
I don't know why he gets extra flames for 'admitting it'. So all the guys that intent wreck and lie about it are ok in your book? Point is, Hamlin did this same thing to Brad last year at Homestead and everyone was cheering him on for it. Homestead's not exactly a slow place either.. you're doing 160-170 coming off the turns and Brad could very well have took off back then too. Now just because Brad took off when Carl did it to him, Carl's a murderer?

*raises hand*. I wasn't praising Hamlin. A wreckers a wrecker. I don't care if it's done at Bristol, Martinsville, Daytona, Atlanta or Silverstone. You don't do that shit. Stuff like that is why the world still looks at NASCAR as the WWE of motorsport.

Quote:
Now just because Brad took off when Carl did it to him, Carl's a murderer?

Not a murderer, but he says he didn't expect the car to take off - in which case he is so monumentally stupid that he shouldn't be allowed back in a race car. The cars take off at 180mph. Carl turns one going 195+. What exactly did he expect to happen? That'd it defy the laws of physics and somehow stay on the ground and slowly back into the wall, causing no danger to anyone? The fact he took several swipes at Brad shows it was not only premeditated but it allowed him to think about the situation too.

Quote:
Brad, as much as I liked his aggressive style at first, he did overstep the line quite a few times since the past year. Giving someone a break just doesn't seem to exist in his computer. I can understand keeping your foot in it on the last lap like he did at Dega, but in yesterday's deal, it was too early in the race to be keeping his foot in it and not cutting Carl a break. Yes Carl came down but when faced with the option of not backing out and ending Carl's day or backing out and letting him continue, with almost 300 laps still left to run, I think most would chose the first option if they want to earn any sort of respect in the sport. Brad has been choosing the second option for a while now and sadly, it's blown up in his face like this.

I don't see how anyone can try and justify any of these actions by saying Brads aggressive. Brad *did* roll out the throttle, just not soon enough. So is it somehow Brads fault that Carl fucked up and came down? Had Carl came down on any other driver then nobody would have said a thing but the fact Brad was in the car somehow makes it Brads fault. The situation didn't blow up in Brads face - the fact that Carl is a known asshole and actually thinks it's Brads fault that Carl drove into him is what blew up in Brads face.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:16 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

ellis wrote:
Not a murderer, but he says he didn't expect the car to take off - in which case he is so monumentally stupid that he shouldn't be allowed back in a race car. The cars take off at 180mph. Carl turns one going 195+. What exactly did he expect to happen? That'd it defy the laws of physics and somehow stay on the ground and slowly back into the wall, causing no danger to anyone? The fact he took several swipes at Brad shows it was not only premeditated but it allowed him to think about the situation too.

I believe Carl when he says he didn't expect that to happen because people have spun out in Atlanta's trioval many, many times the past (and many other tracks like it) and rarely ever taken off like that.

ellis wrote:
I don't see how anyone can try and justify any of these actions by saying Brads aggressive. Brad *did* roll out the throttle, just not soon enough. So is it somehow Brads fault that Carl fucked up and came down? Had Carl came down on any other driver then nobody would have said a thing but the fact Brad was in the car somehow makes it Brads fault.

The fact that Brad's in that position that if it were someone else no one would've said anything doesn't speak well for Brad and the reputation he's built up, does it? He keeps saying he's not here to make friends.. well, then be prepared to face your worst enemies, Brad. This is only the beginning.

ellis wrote:
The situation didn't blow up in Brads face - the fact that Carl is a known asshole and actually thinks it's Brads fault that Carl drove into him is what blew up in Brads face.

Oh please, like that one incident was the reason of it all. Brad's been taking people out like it's going out of style since last season. Remember at Memphis he got into Carl on the freakin backstretch for no reason and just spun him out, for example? Carl remembered all that. It's not just one incident that leads to things like this.

Last edited by SBan83 on Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:20 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Edwards should be banned from motorsports until the end of the next glacial age.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:33 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

He should definitely be suspended for atleast one race. Because otherwise this will set a dangerous precedent for other drivers which will most definitely end in death.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 208 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 511 Next